Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) (/showthread.php?tid=7829)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Coatleque - 09-11-2014

Coatleque gave an absent nod to P'azih. "Aye, Ah'm nae complainin'. We caen always use more cannon fodder̃ fer shoar."

Turning to Franz she almost beamed. "Ah be from Gyr Abania o' course! My village was just along th' southern tip on th' beach. Though Ah'm nae a refugee!"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-11-2014

So Miss Coatleque Crofte was one as well. Quite an interesting development.

"Your family moved prior to the attack then?" 

He was thoroughly interesting in hearing about the Ala Mhigan territory /before/ Garlemald would have taken it over.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Coatleque - 09-11-2014

She shook her head and almost fell out of her chair from the dizziness. Holding onto the lip of the table for support, she peered at Franz for a moment till his three faces became one again. "Nae! Ah came after tha, though Ah suppose tha' means me pa did before, eh?" She snerked at her own wit. "We were remote enough tha' th' Empire din'nae caer 'bout us." She sighed. "Ah was forceably relocated aftar Dalamund, though."

Despite her objections, she was clearly drunk now based on her crass attempt at humour and openness over past events. She didn't seem to care who overheard.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Berrod Armstrong - 09-11-2014

Berrod was stunned. It seemed that a Sultansworn could be capable of being a Hyur after all. He had always imagined that they took an oath to forever walk around with a shroud branch up the arse. Nevertheless, he took in every detail of Crofte's history he could. He barely ever thought about the other areas within Gyr Abania other than Ala Mhigo, just as he disregarded most of Thanalan in light of Ul'Dah. Still though, there was the matter of the funny-accented Highlander.

"Y'sound like a northerner," Berrod pointed out a little less than carefully, "Which is a lil' weird yeah? They don't much like our kin. Can't get over old wars an' the like. Not that it means anythin' is wrong with ya. If yer down here minglin' with the desert folk ya can't be half bad."

"What 'bout you though, where you from?" The question was directed at P'azih with a squint. "Seein' more an' more Tias movin' to the city from a buncha different tribes. Them Nunhs these days must be somethin' else."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Yangh - 09-11-2014

P'azih smile, tucking that bottle away from view, he planned to keep it from her and return it when she was less... intoxicated.

He bat an ear up to Berrod, leaning back in his chair with a light creek. "Me? Thanalan. Does the skin not give it away?" he said simply, choosing not to give away the exact location of his tribe, there were plenty who'd like to take a lynch mob their way and cause trouble.

"Nunh's are... the Nunh for a reason. However... being simply another Nunh isn't enough for me. I want to be THE Nunh. The bench mark, the bar every Nunh after should strive for." he chuckled. "I haven't come here to live like most of the Tia and crouch on the railings of this place. I came to grow, mind and body ... and when I return to the 'Peh'? I'll aim for the mantle of Nunh."

He nodded sagely, like he had it all worked out. "That said, i've a long road ahead... the current Nunh beat me so badly I was embarrassed!"

Coatleque tilted her head as she heard P'azih's tale in her other ear. For some reason the few short sentences wove together into some elaborate and romanticized story in her mind. "Now tha'... tha's what Ah need! The more Ah hear o' ye Keepers an' yer tr̃aditions, th' more'n Ah think ye have th' right o' it."

She blinked and looked away. "Ah should just find meself a nooun an' be done with all o' this."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-11-2014

It was always interesting to listen to the others' stories. As Franz finished his drink, he thought of getting another. But- perhaps something that could be shared. Some small snacks while sobering up may be good as well.

Standing up from the table, he glanced at the others. "I'll be right back." 

He'd return with a tray holding a large pitcher of chilled tea and some snacks. Little refreshments that would help ease the alcohol's effect off.

Sitting back down, "I miss anything?"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Berrod Armstrong - 09-12-2014

Berrod sat there awkwardly squinting the entire time the other Highlander had been gone, rather unsure of what the hells he wanted to say to these people. They weren't his usual crowd, far from it. Why'd he even sit down there in the first place? Bunch o' Yahoos. 

Eagerly he looked toward the tray that the man had returned, hoping to see something nice, like fried potato skins, or bacon -- or meat cuts. A pitcher of dark ale, perhaps...?

...tea.

His latest grimace was the most catastrophic of the lot, though he worked painstakingly to mitigate it and construct something slightly resembling a smile. Girly-snacks. 

"Er -- thanks, fella; you ain't missed much."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Yangh - 09-12-2014

P'azih snickered... quietly at first. Then a bit louder, louder still... luckily the tea saved him as he took a drink, burning his tongue though that was preferable to the beating he'd likely take from Lady Crofte adjacent.

He raised a finger and cleared his throat. "I'm a Seeker. Its in the eyes, see?" he said leaning over with a blink. "Though... i'm not sure that what I said and what you think you heard are the same thing... with respect, of course." he grinned.

He sat back in his chair, his armour grating slightly at the wood with a creak of the supports under his combined weight. He reached for a snack, he didn't know what it was. He didn't know what ANYTHING was around here.

"You didn't miss much... though I think the Lady Crofte is having thoughts of spiriting me away for an adventure and romance." he chuckled.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-13-2014

Berrod's latest grimace was perhaps the funniest thing he'd seen throughout the night, even if he tried hiding it. The goofy smile was plain to see through.

Franz gave him a mild glance. "Expecting something different? Perhaps I'm a little more steeped in Ishgard's culture than not."

He thought the tea and finger food would have gotten the job done. Then again, there were men at the table, so it might have been a little awkward. 

"I could get some sliced meat, cheese and bread as well?" There. Something still...civilized, but also not sweet and good with tea.

As he got up to retrieve some more manly snacks, he remarked. "Miss Crofte, you should give the tea a try when it's a little cooler. Gridanian Honey Tea is quite nice."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Coatleque - 09-15-2014

Coatleque watched Berrod's grimace with a half amused smirk. The way he was sitting and clutching the pile of blankets he looked like naught more than a walking pillow with a head right now.

"Ah'd 've thought such a walk'n pile o' down would be comfortable with something as dainty as tea." With that she waved a hand towards it. "Ah'm noo thirsty anymore, Maester Fr̃anz." She raised her empty glass once more as if to toast, then set it back down.

Shaking her head, she turned back to P'azih. "An' Ah'm doan with all this romance business. A bloody distr̃action is all it is. It's nae worth mae time. Ah'm just saying, yer tr̃ibes got it easy."

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Berrod Armstrong - 09-15-2014

"An' -- an' a beer!" Berrod called behind the other Highlander with urgency. He'd not have anything to do with nasty leaf-water, not at all.

Coatleque's words thankfully retrieved him from a momentary crisis of realizing that he had no idea what beer was made from. "Eh," he replied gruffly, "I -- don't really like drinkin' warm stuff. An' it tastes bad -- an' ya gotta drink a lil' of it, an' so -slow-...! Not that anythin's really wrong with enjoyin' it, I guess. Uh. Romance. Uh."

With lightning speed, he snapped his head toward P'azih, apparently needing a distraction of his own. Romance was not a topic he enjoyed discussing with others in the least. "SO," he began far more loudly than was wise, "How is tribe life, huh?"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-15-2014

Perhaps he was being a little mean to Berrod. He shouldn't have expected the other men to drink tea.

Walking up to the counter, he asked the barmaid for an ale that was cold, dark and strong. It was almost like describing Oscare. Except the ale might speak a little more. Or get someone else to.

He also asked for some more...masculine snacks as well. Something a little more greasy, meaty. What he returned with was some small popotoes that had been panfried, wrapped in bacon, and then topped with some melted cheese. Otherwise known as a heart attack. It would probably be fine. Salty, oily, cheesy and crunchy. The thought of it made Franz want to take a jog.

He returned to the table with a new tray, ale and heart attack dish included.

Franz poured himself a mug of tea and sat back. It was nice to simply listen at times.

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Yangh - 09-15-2014

P'azih thought for a moment. How was life in the tribe? He barely understood how life was in the city.

"Its... different." he began as he tugged on his ear lightly. The natural spring of his fluffy cartilage sprung from between his fingers to stand on ends once more. He reached up and continued the cycle over and over.

"Its like... well, its a little like the adventurers guild. Everyone in the tribe strive to better the tribe by bettering themselves for the tribe. Well, most everyone at least." he looked about with that usual grin. "Its not all fun and games though!"

He laughed, apparently he found that funny.

"What's life like in the city? I don't really understand it too well just yet."

He looked to Coatleque. "And Lady Crofte, you're no more done with romance than you are with breathing! Its a simple fact of living!"

RE: Yet Another Night in the Quicksand (Open - New Night) - Coatleque - 09-15-2014

Leaning back in her chair this whole time, the Knight had begun to doze off as P'azih spoke now. It wasn't that she found the conversation boring, it was definitely more an effect of the strong whiskey. She snapped to at hearing her name once more. "Hmm? Aye, Ser, Ah'mma wake... An' Ah'm nae dr̃unk on duty!"

She caught a whiff of Franz's heart attack-on-a-plate and tilted her head. "Och, tha's what Maester Bellveil's batter̃ed armor needs! Bacon wrappin's tae help lubricate th' joints!"