Hydaelyn Role-Players
Writing Challenge! (Second) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Writing Challenge! (Second) (/showthread.php?tid=7830)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Writing Challenge! (Second) - Oscare - 07-31-2014

It's time to get your writing on, friends.
That's what this thread is about. I issue a challenge to everyone, and see who can take it up.

"But what's your first challenge, Oscare?!"

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!

Challenge 1 is Character Swap! For those who want to partake in my first challenge, simply post in this thread. Once we get nice amount (preferably even amount) of people, I will assign you all numbers. Using my little RNG friend, you all will exchange the charactet of your choice with that person... and write from that character's POV. I will provide some prompts (some silly) to give you ideas, but you can write about ANYTHING! As silly or serious as you want!

Any questions? Ask away! (I will try to respond when I'm at a computer. I apologize for any typos, I'm writing from my phone. >_<;)

Suggestions gladly taken!

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Melodia - 07-31-2014

Ruru stopped cold and turned to see who'd shouted at him, praying it wasn't the jackets or even worse, Krell.

"Oh! Oscare...why are you shouting? I thought it was someone else!" He shook his head and continued walking to the docks.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Warren Castille - 07-31-2014

I feel like I should be getting a cut of the profits here for some reason.

I'm interested, though. I should be an easy pick, too.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-31-2014

This looks interesting. I'll give it a shot.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Oscare - 07-31-2014

What are you talking about.
That didn't spark my motivation.
You're crazy.
I swear this was not an idea the second you made that post.
/Sweats

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Melkire - 07-31-2014

*cracks knuckles*

I'm in.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Berrod Armstrong - 07-31-2014

Oh ho ho, so you did it! Yes, yes, I will do this thing.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Oscare - 07-31-2014

I just realized that if an odd-amount of people participate, I can just put myself in as a participant and make it even. So SPREAD THE WORD.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Roen - 07-31-2014

What if you know next to nothing about the character?

Once you get the character assigned to you, do you ask the player for some insight? Else I think I could COMPLETELY portray someone incorrectly.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Unnamed Mercenary - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 12:43 PM)Roen Wrote: What if you know next to nothing about the character?

Once you get the character assigned to you, do you ask the player for some insight? Else I think I could COMPLETELY portray someone incorrectly.

Sign Rae up for it. Let hilarity ensue. Or death. That would probably work too.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Berrod Armstrong - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 12:43 PM)Roen Wrote: What if you know next to nothing about the character?

In that case, I think some research would be in order!

I'm hoping for this, actually. I think I've got a pretty good handle on most of the folks I know, so I hope one of the guys from Limsa shows up and gets involved. I want to see how I do with only the most precursory knowledge of someone.

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Aya - 07-31-2014

I like :-]

RE: Writing Challenge! (First) - Zhavi - 07-31-2014

(07-31-2014, 12:51 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

I'm hoping for this, actually. I think I've got a pretty good handle on most of the folks I know, so I hope one of the guys from Limsa shows up and gets involved. I want to see how I do with only the most precursory knowledge of someone.

..........oh, to hell with it. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

(if anything goes wrong, blame Ruru for telling me to. <3 )

(07-31-2014, 12:58 PM)Zhavi Wrote: ..........oh, to hell with it. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

(if anything goes wrong, blame Ruru for telling me to. <3 )

Say it with me, Zhavi.

THE GAME IS AFOOT.