Hydaelyn Role-Players
Original Tunes by Loc! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Original Tunes by Loc! (/showthread.php?tid=789)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Original Tunes by Loc! - Therese - 10-03-2010

I'll combo breaker here and say I am not a musician so I cannot help you in any way whatsoever! =Db

Actually, I thought a lot of it was pretty good, even if it wasn't really my style of music. The vocals on Dance of Deceit was a little hard to hear though, and I'm slightly afraid you'd strain your voice if you keep sounding like that. o.o; I may not be a professional musician, but I did take choir and know that's not a good thing to hear. =x

Overall, if I heard that play on the Internet radio and was told that it was a hip new band that has some room to improved, I would have been convinced.

Re: Original Tunes by Loc! - Doktor_Ljubavi - 10-03-2010

Loc Talon Wrote:Nice. The flange through out the composition kind of holds it all together through the transitions and I liked the interlude with the use of delay in there as well. Were you using an alternate picking technique for the main rift?

I think it would sound that much better to throw some more instruments on top of it, definately some percussion. I might be able to help you with the processed instruments, if you give me a bit more detail on what you're refering to in that sense.
Alternate picking, yeah.

and as far as "processed instruments", it has some option where you can pull up a toolkit that acts like a keyboard, or a drum set, etc, and you can make a rhythm, or a string of notes without actually owning the instrument. Kind of cheating, but when you don't have access to a million instruments, it's kind of nice... I just never figured out how to get it to work.

Re: Original Tunes by Loc! - Folken - 10-03-2010

Wooh, lots of comments went by XD

Anyways, I saw you didn't work with protools, I'd highly suggest giving it a shot. Most professionals choose to use it for a reason, it's damn good Cool

And I've posted my assortment of songs here before, the thread is over Here

Re: Original Tunes by Loc! - Loc Talon - 10-03-2010

Therese Wrote:I'll combo breaker here and say I am not a musician so I cannot help you in any way whatsoever! =Db

Actually, I thought a lot of it was pretty good, even if it wasn't really my style of music. The vocals on Dance of Deceit was a little hard to hear though, and I'm slightly afraid you'd strain your voice if you keep sounding like that. o.o; I may not be a professional musician, but I did take choir and know that's not a good thing to hear. =x

Overall, if I heard that play on the Internet radio and was told that it was a hip new band that has some room to improved, I would have been convinced.

That's mostly due to the lack of recording equipment and the fact that I only had a dynamic mic to record the vocals(you should use a condensor mic). I had to make do with what I had. The screams that you hear towards the end aren't even screams at all, just recording tricks. It's like...a high pitched yawn, with a lot of high-end equalization and reverb thrown behind it to make it sound louder and forceful, that what it really is.

Doktor_Ljubavi Wrote:and as far as "processed instruments", it has some option where you can pull up a toolkit that acts like a keyboard, or a drum set, etc, and you can make a rhythm, or a string of notes without actually owning the instrument. Kind of cheating, but when you don't have access to a million instruments, it's kind of nice... I just never figured out how to get it to work.

Ummm...I know how to do that with Acid. And if the interface is anything similar(which I'm assuming it's not), you have to first create a designated "MIDI track" instead of an "Audio Track". Then arm to record, press record, and then play away. At least, that's how it's done with Acid. If I had a couple days to play around with Cubase, I could figure it out. You might try googling it. I'm sure there's some sort of tutorial out there somewhere.

Shawnzy Wrote:Wooh, lots of comments went by XD

Anyways, I saw you didn't work with protools, I'd highly suggest giving it a shot. Most professionals choose to use it for a reason, it's damn good Cool

And I've posted my assortment of songs here before, the thread is over Here

I've played around with protools before. It is a nice protools and, as you said, alot of professional studioes use it. Alot of that has to do with compatibility, as well though. The ability to take recorded works from one studio to another and not have to worry about the sound files not being recognized is a huge benefit. But, I do love some protools. It makes the process alot simpler. I just don't have two grand to throw down on the program and the propriety equiment required to get the full benefit of it. That is my next investment though, that's really all I lack for my studio and it would be nice to have.