Hydaelyn Role-Players
Otakon 2014 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Otakon 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=7890)

Pages: 1 2

Otakon 2014 - Aldotsk - 08-06-2014

Hey all!

Are you all going to Otakon in Baltimore this year? Let me know if you do!

I am going to be there around the cons taking photos and eat interesting foods and visiting aquarium.

Feel free to add me on LINE. User is Aldotsk.

If you want phone # , please PM me instead. Best wishes!

RE: Otakon 2014 - Warren Castille - 08-06-2014

I may or may not be attending. I'm going to badge pickup tomorrow at the very least, but I didn't pre-register. Might end up trying to get in on Saturday anyway. I have a dealer's room addiction and need to buy Gundam models I won't build.

RE: Otakon 2014 - Aldotsk - 08-06-2014

I'll be around with dealers's badge Smile

If you want certain Gundam models, I can recommend you to Image Anime where I used to work under them for some years. Also bluefin is also very good! Since IA is where they get the models from.

RE: Otakon 2014 - Coatleque - 08-07-2014

I had no idea this even existed, and I'm just under 2 hours away from Baltimore >.<

Alas my fear of large crowds and sunlight would keep me away.

RE: Otakon 2014 - Dogberry - 08-07-2014

I won't be at Otakon, but I live 20 minutes away from the convention center, so if any of you are dead set on meeting the Living Legend in the flesh we can meet up somewhere. I am quite fond of the Pratt Street Alehouse.

RE: Otakon 2014 - Stormwind - 08-07-2014

I'd go if they went back to offering day passes. Since I live 15 minutes from the city it was a nice way to spend a Saturday but I won't spend 70-80 bucks for one day. Still, might stop by the inner harbor to people watch.

(08-07-2014, 10:12 AM)Dogberry Wrote: I won't be at Otakon, but I live 20 minutes away from the convention center, so if any of you are dead set on meeting the Living Legend in the flesh we can meet up somewhere. I am quite fond of the Pratt Street Alehouse.

Pratt Street Alehouse, so good.

RE: Otakon 2014 - Warren Castille - 08-07-2014

It's a lot of fun! It's also annual, so start planning for next year. My most cherished moment was getting to play Rock Band while in my Steiner costume with a full band.

I feel like such a geezer going, though! I never make it to panels or events or anything. I just admire good cosplayers, duck into movies and spotpass every living creature on my 3DS. Oh, and dealer's room. I make it a point to buy a new Gundam every year, and my friends know there's a bounty on Yuko from xxxHolic stuff.

Knowing me, I'll end up "borrowing" someone's pass to get in on Saturday. My collection of Crabby badges must continue growing!

I didn't know we had so many local RPCers to this area. We should do a meet and greet sometime. I'll try to drink Doggy under the table.

(08-07-2014, 10:14 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I didn't know we had so many local RPCers to this area. We should do a meet and greet sometime. I'll try to drink Doggy under the table.

I feel a Baltimore beer meet-up in the near future.

(08-07-2014, 10:14 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I didn't know we had so many local RPCers to this area. We should do a meet and greet sometime. I'll try to drink Doggy under the table.

WHERE ARE YOU

I'm from The Dirty D. DUNDALK REPRESENTIN, HON.

You cannot drink a Dundalk boy under the table. We live in toxic sludge, we're genetic mutants that can take more abuse than anyone else.

(08-07-2014, 10:17 AM)Dogberry Wrote: WHERE ARE YOU

You cannot drink a Dundalk boy under the table. We live in toxic sludge, we're genetic mutants that can take more abuse than anyone else.

I'm from Philadelphia originally, and come from a long line of alcoholics, each alcoholier than the last.

(08-07-2014, 10:20 AM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 10:17 AM)Dogberry Wrote: WHERE ARE YOU

I'm from Philadelphia originally, and come from a long line of alcoholics, each alcoholier than the last.

Ah, Philly, you mean the town whose biggest hero is a fictional boxer who lost the match?

RE: Otakon 2014 - Coatleque - 08-07-2014

(08-07-2014, 10:20 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: ... each alcoholier than the last.

I shouldn't have, but I laughed.

[edit]: Also, philadelphians don't even like Philadelphia. It may look green right now, but in another month it will be a grey and twisted wasteland choked with graffiti and coal dust.

It's dawned on me that we've completely hijacked this thread. God damn Baltimore folks can't have anything nice without screwing it up.