Hydaelyn Role-Players
Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party (/showthread.php?tid=7983)

Pages: 1 2 3

Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Zhavi - 08-15-2014

Limsa Lominsa. Home to pirates and scallywags, smugglers and rogues. An oceanside paradise for anarchy and all the scrags that feed upon it. Though law has been forced down upon it for the sake of longevity and survival, underneath that unlikely garden still squirms all manner of unpleasantness. But where there's crime, there is also money, and if there's one thing that the criminals of Limsa bring to her shores, it's the splendor of their ill-gotten gains.

The Pirates of the Wayward Star are one of these pirate groups who operate off of Limsa's shores. Fresh off a good haul, they have come into the city to celebrate and spend their coin the best way pirates know how: drunken revelry. But as word of their fortune spreads, more are attracted to the tavern in the hopes of that luck spreading on to them, and the real party begins.

OOC

As part of the Limsa Lominsa RP Connections project, our goal is to help push more rp into Limsa Lominsa. Part of that was holding a poll to create a sort of rp hub in Limsa where wanderers might find rp -- and the winner was the Drowning Wench. Such things do take time, but to help boost activity and interaction we're going to try to start pushing out different events to increase the visibility and awareness of rp within Limsa Lominsa.

Day: Saturday, August 23rd
Time: 11AM Pacific/2pm Eastern/7pm Britain (I'm going to try to push it to last at least 6 hours after the starting time)
Where: Limsa Lominsa's Drowning Wench

Q&A time!

What is this?

Icly, this is a spontaneous thing happening in the Wench. It's meant to be a free-for-all, and oocly our intentions were to try to push people into the Wench to increase ic connections.

If you are an independent player having a difficult time finding rp connections in Limsa, this event is for you.

If you want your FC to try to get involved in more rp outside of your FC and have had a difficult time getting involved with other players and FCs in Limsa, this event is for you.

If you want to get involved with FCs who are based in Limsa icly, this event is for you.

Who's involved?

Serpents of the Twin Fang, Night Blades, Pirates of the Wayward Star, Path of Oschon and a few others who have volunteered to act as servers, bartenders, bouncers, and merchants drawn in by the spread of coin.

Special shout-outs to Surilian, Rurutani, Poe, Miza, and Andralyn for brainstorming, discussion and grabbing people to play parts.

Special shout-outs to Gus, Verad, Faustina, Jajara, Daramian, and other volunteers whose names I do not have (I am so so sorry, but believe me that I am grateful!) for their interest (even if they are not able to attend due to timing) and support!

I will also be sending out PMs to other Limsa-based FCs and Limsa-based players to ensure that they are aware of this event; the goal with pre-asking certain groups ahead of time was to ensure that there would be various people in the tavern for rp.

**If you are interested in helping organize Limsa-wide events, or need help organizing events please send me a PM and we'll see what we can do.**

Why 11AM Pacific?

In an effort to include European players, it needed to start a bit on the early side for those of us in the Americas. About three hours after the start we should have people from the Fang coming in, so I'm hoping we should have a pretty good spread of time for people to come along and get some rp started.

EVEN IF you are not able to be there at the start of the event, do try to come by later! I'm going to have Zhi in the Wench for a minimum of six hours, so even if things fizzle, there will at least be a few of us there. Don't be shy, come on by!

(yes I had to and yes I know I'm dorky)

What about characters who aren't shady?

Due to the public location of the event and the spontaneity of its origin, there is room for characters who are not shady to have had prior plans to go to the Wench that are knocked askew. With the bouncers and (hopefully) Ruru's Yellowjacket making appearances, there is room for characters to rp complaints, or to try to make the best of a bad situation. Too, there should be merchant pcs making appearances (IF YOUR CHARACTER SELLS THINGS, PLEASE DO SHOW UP WITH STUFF TO SELL!), which should help provide a little bit of balance for those characters who aren't fond of drunken shenanigans.

After this one, I'm going to look at doing an event for characters who are more on the lawful side of the social rainbow in Limsa (even if it potentially gets crashed by pirates; what can I say? It is Limsa)

Can I ___ ?

So long as you are oocly polite and don't do anything that would require mass player consent, you're free to do whatever you want. Bring your plots, bring your character's problems, bring your ideas! I, for one, will be having Zhi conducting some of her business under the cover of lots of activity in the Wench -- don't be afraid to try something out!

How do I get my character involved?

Due to the spontaneity of the event, simply having your character walk by the tavern while this is going on is good enough. However, if you want to push your character in, but they are unlikely to go in to such a thing, send me a pm and we can try to work out a way to force your character to get involved. Sometimes it's all about coming up with that creative solution for a creative problem. Wink

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions, don't hesitate to post them in this thread!

Thank you very much for reading!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Dogberry - 08-15-2014

You had me from the word wench.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Melodia - 08-15-2014

Yes!! Of course Ruru will be there and even Melodia will stroll through making sure there aren't too many fights breaking out. Wink

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Whittledown - 08-15-2014

I'm sure I can think of a reason to have Hornet wander by

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Surilian - 08-15-2014

The Fangs will be there! Probably fashionably late since they tend to party for no reason the night before and stay up wayyyy to long BUT we will be there!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Bryn - 08-15-2014

Sounds awesome. I'll be there!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - TheBlob - 08-16-2014

Mm. A chance to mingle...

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Jilan - 08-16-2014

Pondering what would have Jilan meander to the Wench, but I'm sure I can think of something between now and then.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Siha - 08-16-2014

I don't know who I'll bring to the event but I most certainly am going to try and make it! Good job to all of you organizing it!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Aerghwab - 08-16-2014

Awesome. Will be there for sure!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Aya - 08-17-2014

Pirates! OMG ITS PIRATES!

I'd love to have Aya show up, but the pirates will probably scare her away ^_^;

They are, after all... why she moved the desert instead of Limsa in the first place! Smile

Maybe I'll find a way to drag her there though!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Jijinji - 08-17-2014

I'll more than likely attend with Jijinji.

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Leanne - 08-17-2014

Surely gonna try to participate!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - Coatleque - 08-17-2014

This sounds awesome. I'd love to swing by, but I have RL plans that day. If I get back in time I'll try to make some kind of appearance (non-official, of course)!

RE: Limsa Lominsa Wench Event: Pirate Party - W'seckhi Asah - 08-17-2014

If I'm around, I will totally be going to this. Probably in Maelstrom uniform, too! Even if he does work a shitty desk job. Well, half of the time.