Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) (/showthread.php?tid=802)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - UnbeknownstGhost - 10-14-2010

Bob raised his right eyebrow, as his left was covered with a dark green eyepatch.Then he smiled, crinkling the various scars on his face. "Manners? What is this? Some new game you kids have come out with?" He then looked over as the two men came in. He smiled slightly again, "Well, if this is a ring of prostitutes, I do hope you enjoy mustaches. Or very large, hairy catapillars. I can never tell the two apart." Bob then stepped out of the small shadowed area he was in revealing a well muscled Hyur male that looked to be in his mid twenties, with snowy-white hair. He was wearing a goldish, sleeveless, high-necked vest; along with grey pants and grey boots. Hooked to his belt he had an armors hammer and a cutlass. In his right hand he was happily twirling a black, ruby tipped staff.

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Sivamet - 10-15-2010

Siva's head merely turned slightly at the insult before she ignored the rude patron and returned the grin of the Miqo'te in front of her

Brilliant. My name is Sivamet. You may call me Siva and I would like to offer you a well paid job of course assisting the Raven Eye Inn investigation team. It is merely a protection detail of course for those two Siva nods in the direction of Miyu and Ana before returning a kind smile back to Div

Tis a pleasure to meet you of course Div and if you accept, I will make it worth your time.

Siva chuckled softly at Div's comment about age and rose gracefully beckoning her to join her with Miyu and Ana. Come then my new friend. Let me introduce you to those who will be investigating and whom we will be protecting. Do not get me wrong they work for me who in essence represents the Mistress of this Inn. she grinned and eyed the new arrivals who stood in the door with an air of importance.

Her eyebrow raised at the recognition of the inspector and she chuckled as she leaned to nudge Div and nod with her head It appears we have drawn in somewhat of a celebrity she chuckled nodding at Charleston Gusteau even as she took her seat across from Miyu and Ana.

Ladies she said calmly leaning back and picking up her ale once more This is Div, and she will be my second in command. Div, this is Miyu and Ana she nodded to each Miqo'te in respect. Now, any questions before we go? she raised her eyebrow as she finished off her ale and again cast a glance over to Charleston curiously for a few moments. Her eye twitched momentarily before turning with a look of impatience at the Hyur who had made the rude comments

If you see prostitution I would suggest the miner's guild in Ul'dah. You have entered an establishment of honor. And if you wish to keep whatever it is you have, you will stop insulting this inn do I make myself clear? the tone in her voice was calm, yet held a low meaning to it as her violet gaze raked over the Hyur

Show Content

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - UnbeknownstGhost - 10-15-2010

Bob tapped his chin in thought for a moment, "An interesting thought. What is it that I have that you can take? My weapons? Clothes? Material items. Worthless. Shame? Honor? Morals? I don't have these, therefore they cannot be taken or used. You could try to take my life, however, I doubt you would enjoy the cost of that. Fun? That is just impossible to get from me. Everything is funny girlie." Bob stared at her a moment then spoke again, "Oh, and you might want to stop glaring at me. You'll get wrinkles."

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Eternal Darkness - 10-15-2010

"Come then my new friend. Let me introduce you to those who will be investigating and whom we will be protecting. Do not get me wrong they work for me who in essence represents the Mistress of this Inn."

Eternal rose as well, handling her spear carefully, and she came to stand near Siva to follow her to the table. Siva stopped, looked to the entrance and gave Eternal a nudge, leaning in slightly.

"It appears we have drawn in somewhat of a celebrity"

Eternal's ears perked and she looked in the direction Siva nodded. A curious smile spread across her face. "A celebrity? I enjoy meeting those of importance, but you must forgive me; I am not from this, er, area so I've no idea who he is." Her face brightened. "But he does look charming, despite his attire." Eternal followed Siva to the table where she nodded to the two other Miqo'te at the table and sat down, her tail slowly swishing behind her.
"Ladies," she said calmly leaning back and picking up her ale once more. "This is Div, and she will be my second in command. Div, this is Miyu and Ana she nodded to each Miqo'te in respect. Now, any questions before we go?"

"It is a pleasure to meet you both, to be sure." She looked to Siva questioningly. "Second in command? By all means I am flattered and of course I will accept, but are you sure about trusting such a position to one you just met?"

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Ghunzyr - 10-17-2010

Low hanging tree limbs snapped as birds and small animals hurried from the creature that carelessly moved through the forest, disturbing the calm. Although it sounded somewhat similar to a careless gobbue rambling towards the city, the guards paid little attention. Scouts had already reported on the creature shortly after it had stepped into the forest, and it was no threat. As it entered the city and made its way down the streets, some men and women were forced to move out of the way for fear of being knocked aside. Somehow the creature, even though it was covered in heavy hanging metal chains and plates, managed to step casually around each unwary person that seemed about to be bowled over by its unslowing strides. The footfalls were heavy, and sank into the soft dirt. In a few slow, heavy strides, it filled the door of the inn.

Ghunzyr Aedilvuld had clearly been on the road for a long time. His chainmail coat had broken links and bits of plants stuck to it. The round shield on his back was dented, and the blade at his waist was nicked. His bright red eyes peered out from the barbute, and slung over one shoulder was a full pack that could have doubled as a decent sized tent for most Lalafells. He was a Roegadyn, that much was clear, but huge even by the standards of that mighty people. His muscled frame filled the door from which he surveyed the inn.

He removed his helm and ran a metal-clad hand through his dark hair and beard. A handful of long scars crisscrossed much of his face; some of them bending at odd angles when he smiled. His voice was deep, smooth, and rumbled slightly like each heavy step of his casual stride.

"I been told a fella could find a cool drink round here."

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Sivamet - 10-17-2010

Siva nodded at Div with a smile Consider it a test of trust. I do not trust many and you appear to be a worthy warrior. You will assist me with guarding these two, you do not wish the job? she quirked a brow slightly at Div

Her gaze flickered to the door watching as Ghunzyr Aedilvuld made his way to the bar. She nodded at the bartender Of course the first one is on the house she said in a greeting to the tall adventurer.

Now then ladies she said addressing the three next to her shall we go investigate the matter of this Hanging Tree?

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Ghunzyr - 10-17-2010

The smile on Ghunzyr's face widened. "Free?! Well, this is already the best bar I ever been in. Why didn't I visit this forest sooner... Barkeep! Your finest brew in your largest mug!" The floorboards creeked as he hurried to the bar counter and leaned on it as he gulped down the ale. "So what's so special about a hanging tree that got you ladies all riled up?"

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Miyu Asuka - 10-18-2010

Miyu saw Ana looking at the eye-patched guy, her eyes filling with anger. Miyu put her hand on her leg and looker her in the eyes, telling her to calm down and not do a thing just yet, she understood.

Siva brought the dark-skinned Moonkeeper to the table at where we sat, introducing us;
"Ladies," she said calmly leaning back and picking up her ale once more. "This is Div, and she will be my second in command. Div, this is Miyu and Ana she nodded to each Miqo'te in respect. Now, any questions before we go?"
Miyu nodded politely to Div, still hiding her eyes under the flap of her hat. " Pleased to meet you" She said with her usual soft voice. "I got no questions, I already got a faint idea of what is going on, I just need to see it for myself."

"Now then ladies" she said addressing the three next to her "shall we go investigate the matter of this Hanging Tree?"
Miyu stood up, adjusting her white robe and putting her cane behind her back. She nodded to Siva "Yea, lets go"

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - UnbeknownstGhost - 10-18-2010

"You said Hanging Tree correct?" Bob asked with a slight frown, "And you are to investigate this tree? Does this tree happen to hold the corpses of brides soon after a wedding?"

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Eternal Darkness - 10-19-2010

Show Content

"Consider it a test of trust. I do not trust many and you appear to be a worthy warrior. You will assist me with guarding these two, you do not wish the job?" she quirked a brow slightly at Div.

Eternal smiled and waved her hand to dismiss any misunderstanding. "No, no, of course I'll take the job. It's just that," She paused for a moment, running her tongue over the tips of her fanged canines. "I've never met one to give a trial of trust before, that is all."

Miyu stood up, adjusting her white robe and putting her cane behind her back. She nodded to Siva "Yea, lets go."

Eternal nodded and followed suit, securing her spear in the leather loop brace across her back. "I am ready when ever you all are."

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Ashram Drowsong - 10-19-2010

"Interresting indeed"

Was the only thing a dark figure in a corner of the Inn was thinking, he was no man of big groups trampling around, yet he knew Sivamet, this was not the time to have a talk and share some time with her anyways, she didnt realize that he was here by now, he would not wait around, this situation made him, none the less, curious. And after all, he was not someone trusting in Skills of people he never met before, and Sivamet should have a shadow watching over her.

Was it Curiousity about this Adventure or something else that made him act, he wasnt sure for now, but the only thing that the others in the Inn may have heared now or seen, was the door closing with an shadow gone

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Ghunzyr - 10-19-2010

"You said Hanging Tree correct?" Ghunzyr looked over to the man with some interest. "And you are to investigate this tree? Does this tree happen to hold the corpses of brides soon after a wedding?"

He pounded back the ale and left the mug on the counter quiverring as he stepped towards the gathered Mi'qote. "Sounds to me like ya may want some muscle with you on this investigation. I'd be happy ta help... for a small cut o' the reward of course." He smiled down at them and extended his hand. "Name's Ghunzyr."

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Sivamet - 10-19-2010

The tall duskwight warrior stood adjusting her axe and turned to each man who had spoken. Her violet eyes shifted to the shadows where Ashram had stood and she narrowed them slightly shaking her head before returning her attention to the others.

To answer your question, yes. That is the mystery we investigate.
She reached and took Ghunzyr's hand Welcome. I am Siva and this is Div, Miyu, and Ana. You are more than welcome to join us if you do not mind following my orders. she made it a statement not a question as she smiled at Ghunzyr and shook his hand firmly.

Siva then turned her gaze toward Div and chuckled softly I am not like most as you see. I figure you either use your skills with me, or against me. And if against me I have numbers on my side. she laughed a bit Seriously however I can usually tell who to trust and who not to.

Now then as she addressed them all and turned walking toward the door assuming they were following We have work to do now lets get to it.

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - UnbeknownstGhost - 10-20-2010

Bob frowned slightly at the yes, then watched the rest of the exchanges with amusement. After she began to walk out Bob spoke in a gutteral voice, "Yesss, ve have vork to do..."

Re: The Hanging Tree (Open mystery RP, all welcome) - Eternal Darkness - 10-21-2010

Eternal followed the rest of the group, chuckling at the Hyur's forced accent. "You should try mine, you're rather good."