Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings fellow Roleplayers (/showthread.php?tid=8188)

Pages: 1 2

Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Denfall - 09-05-2014

It's great to finally find the FFXIV roleplaying community.
I've been looking for it for almost a week. I'm really bad at searching for these things apparently.

Pleasure to meet you all! I am Denfall, also known as various other characters across multiple platforms. I'm new to FFXIV (as I just picked it up at the last sale), but I've already fallen in love with the game and what I've seen from the community thus far. I'm looking to interact with other players on both an IC and OOC level, to make some new friends and get some storylines started or even just some casual walk ups.

I am on the Balmung server under the character name T'ina Itzu. I plan to play a bard and would love any tips for where to find rp, how to level, what other jobs to level, and other information about the game.

I hope to meet you all on Eorzea soon!

[Image: nOyrqbP.gif]

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Coatleque - 09-05-2014

Welcome to the community! RP can be found almost anywhere on Balmung. The two largest hubs are the cities, however. Ul'dah being the most prevalent, Limsa Lominsa a close second. Gridana will hopefully be catching up soon. Don't be afraid to step in and talk to people. We're a generally friendly bunch.

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Foxling - 09-05-2014

Hello there and welcome.

As already mentioned, Ul'dah is the biggest hotspot for RP but several people do wander around all over the place.

As far as levelling goes, food is your friend and try to keep up to date with your hunting log.
Personally i've always been a fan of saving the starting side-quests in the other city states for my main side-classes too.

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-05-2014

Welcome to the community!

If you need any help with leveling OOC, or getting new gear (I have a crafting problem), hit me up any time on Franz Renatus. If I'm able to, I can get you a gear set or two.

IC, you'll find an enormous amount of people in Ul'dah. I haven't taken a peak at Limsa, but I hear that they are doing a good job of getting a community. For Gridania, I've noticed more people RPing out in the forest/camps than the city itself. ...There's something special about having a conversation on top of a giant tree stump.

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Melkire - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 11:24 AM)Denfall Wrote: I am on the Balmung server under the character name Yurah I'tidal. I plan to play a bard and would love any tips for where to find rp, how to level, what other jobs to level, and other information about the game.

First thing's first: reach level 10 on your archer, complete the level 10 class quest, then go pick up any of the following (Marauder, Gladiator, Conjurer, Arcanist) and level one of those to the level 50 cap instead as your first class.

You will thank me later when:

1. You come to understand that wait times for DPS queues for 4-man instances can be atrociously long.

2. You learn that every subsequent class you level after the first is capped will receive a permanent and substantial boost in experience gained from each and every activity, each and every time.

3. You appreciate how in demand and well-rewarded tanks and healers are (faster queue times, bonus exp and gil, all meaning you'll hit 50 that much sooner), especially given that there is a new and overwhelmingly popular DPS class on the way that will clog the DPS queue that much more.

4. Playing as a tank or healer will better acquaint you with FFXIV's PvE aspect, meaning that you'll later prove that much better a DPS for your knowledge, experience, and application of said knowledge and experience.

Welcome to Balmung.

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Roen - 09-05-2014

*bonks Melkire*

Don't listen to that guy! Level a class you want to level and have fun with!

(although I did level a healer first)
(then a tank - paladin for RP reasons)
(then a DPS)

BUT STILL!

He is right. The DPS queues for DPS for dungeons is long. Sometimes painfully so. But once you open up the low level Dungeon Roulette, you get a big XP bonus for doing that at least on a daily basis. (how I level up alts...)

I usually do quests, hunting logs and such while waiting on the DPS queue to pop. Or you can gather or craft while waiting on the queue to pop!

(If you are totally open to leveling up other jobs though, tank queues are the QUICKEST)(and Melkire is right, once you get one to 50, subsequent classes level faster)

Ul'dah is the biggest RP hub for random walk-ups. I have ran into a few in Limsa as well.

Welcome to RPC and Balmung! Smile

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - MattieBoi - 09-05-2014

Hello!
&&& Welcome!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Say hello in-game sometime! Most of your questions have been answered in the other posts, but if you ever need help, shoot me a /tell. See you around!

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Melkire - 09-05-2014

To clarify: play the class you like! Just know that that you'll have an easier time leveling something else first... and hey, you could play both as you progress!

That's one of the nicer things about XIV: you're not locked to a single class or specialization (unless you're playing the Arcanist jobs, Scholar and Summoner, and even then you're not locked, merely suboptimal).

(09-05-2014, 12:17 PM)Roen Wrote: He is right.

(09-05-2014, 12:17 PM)Roen Wrote: ...Melkire is right....

I will never grow tired of hearing this, IC or OoC. Laugh

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Erik Mynhier - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 11:24 AM)Denfall Wrote: It's great to finally find the FFXIV roleplaying community.
I've been looking for it for almost a week. I'm really bad at searching for these things apparently.

Pleasure to meet you all! I am Denfall, also known as various other characters across multiple platforms. I'm new to FFXIV (as I just picked it up at the last sale), but I've already fallen in love with the game and what I've seen from the community thus far. I'm looking to interact with other players on both an IC and OOC level, to make some new friends and get some storylines started or even just some casual walk ups.

I am on the Balmung server under the character name Yurah I'tidal. I plan to play a bard and would love any tips for where to find rp, how to level, what other jobs to level, and other information about the game.

I think I just saw you. Were you in the Quicksand while a Roe and Miqo'te were fighting?

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Denfall - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 01:08 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 11:24 AM)Denfall Wrote: It's great to finally find the FFXIV roleplaying community.

I am on the Balmung server under the character name Yurah I'tidal. I plan to play a bard and would love any tips for where to find rp, how to level, what other jobs to level, and other information about the game.

I think I just saw you. Were you in the Quicksand while a Roe and Miqo'te were fighting?
Err... no. I don't think so. lol I just now logged on.

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Phayte - 09-05-2014

Welcome to FF, Balmung and the RPC. Nothing more I can say that everyone else already hasn't. I'm currently more heavy into the game itself and trying to wiggle myself into some RP. If you need a partner to run dungeons or need help with quests/bosses or whatever else, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand in any capacity.

See you in game hopefully!

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - MattieBoi - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 03:50 PM)Denfall Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 01:08 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

Err... no. I don't think so. lol I just now logged on.
HAX!

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Faye - 09-05-2014

Welcome, it's good to have you here! Big Grin I'm always glad to make new friends and RP buddies, so feel free to say hello if you see me around!

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Denfall - 09-05-2014

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I will take all of your help, tips, and suggestions to heart. I hope to see you all in game, very soon!! Heart

RE: Greetings fellow Roleplayers - Faye - 09-05-2014

P.S. Is that Susan Coffey?