Hydaelyn Role-Players
Minecraft - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Minecraft (/showthread.php?tid=8192)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Minecraft - Coatleque - 09-05-2014

I have a server sitting at home doing nothing right now.
It's got a Xeon, 12 GB RAM, and I basically use it to dump files.

If there's any interest, I can see about starting up Minecraft on it.
Not that any of us would actually play it, since we're always on FF XIV Laugh

RE: Minecraft - Melkire - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 04:52 PM)Coatleque Wrote: I have a server sitting at home doing nothing right now.
It's got a Xeon, 12 GB RAM, and I basically use it to dump files.

If there's any interest, I can see about starting up Minecraft on it.
Not that any of us would actually play it, since we're always on FF XIV Laugh

If this actually ends up happening, let me know if you run vanilla on it. Or if you do one of those island challenges on Survival (Hard).

...I refuse to play Creative. Never again. I won't come back out for months.

RE: Minecraft - Coatleque - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 04:57 PM)Melkire Wrote: If this actually ends up happening, let me know if you run vanilla on it. Or if you do one of those island challenges on Survival (Hard).

...I refuse to play Creative. Never again. I won't come back out for months.

If I do, it would be the latest vanilla release in survival mode.
So, 1.8
And I'll probably give it 6-8 GB of RAM to minimize lag.

I've looked into mods before, but honestly I don't have time to deal with anything more than a texture pack. This is just for quick fun-zies.

RE: Minecraft - EkheiBalduin - 09-05-2014

Weeeeeeell ... I've got a Realms up an running right now actually ...

RE: Minecraft - Coatleque - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 04:57 PM)Melkire Wrote: Or if you do one of those island challenges on Survival (Hard).

You just had to jinx it...
The first map generated by the server places start on a crap-hole island with two rabbits, two sheep, and a single chicken.

Server address is mc.forink.me
Difficulty is set to 2 with no PVP for now.

I'm going to run my roulettes in the mean time!

RE: Minecraft - Hutarin - 09-05-2014

(09-05-2014, 07:51 PM)Coatleque Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 04:57 PM)Melkire Wrote: Or if you do one of those island challenges on Survival (Hard).

You just had to jinx it...
The first map generated by the server places start on a crap-hole island with two rabbits, two sheep, and a single chicken.

Server address is mc.forink.me
Difficulty is set to 2 with no PVP for now.

I'm going to run my roulettes in the mean time!

I would play the heck outta that.

RE: Minecraft - Titor - 09-06-2014

/is wearing a Spigot shirt at this very moment.
I would like to play Minecraft again. I was really into it, even wrote plugins and stuff like that, but then the community I played with kind of fell apart and then I got really into FFXIV.

I might hop on sometime, I have been wanting to play it more lately (though I like servers with plugins more than pure vanilla but we can see if I like vanilla or not)

RE: Minecraft - Roswyn - 09-08-2014

Halp pls I dug straight down.

Also yes I would be up for this. Bouncy

RE: Minecraft - Melodia - 09-08-2014

Hey I see someone in that cave....seems friendly enough...just growling a bit. Maybe needs a hug.

*Approaches zombie and is killed*

RE: Minecraft - Coatleque - 09-08-2014

Tonight I'll make adjustments to try and reduce lag. Seems the CPU is pegged, and this is the only thing running on that box. Single CPU, Xeon E3-1225 v3, 12 GB RAM.

It keeps saying it can't keep up and skips ticks. 60-70% average usage.

As far as the starting location goes, it's a tiny island with negligible resources, but there's a larger one to the east.

(09-08-2014, 09:54 AM)Coatleque Wrote: As far as the starting location goes, it's a tiny island with negligible resources, but there's a larger one to the east.
 *Constructs a giant ark* Let us journey forth my friends!!

RE: Minecraft - Melkire - 09-08-2014

(09-08-2014, 09:56 AM)Rurutani Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 09:54 AM)Coatleque Wrote: As far as the starting location goes, it's a tiny island with negligible resources, but there's a larger one to the east.

You're late, some of us have already migrated. =P

(09-08-2014, 09:58 AM)Melkire Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 09:56 AM)Rurutani Wrote:

You're late, some of us have already migrated. =P
WHAT?!! *Conquers the small island and dubs himself King Twominuteslate*

RE: Minecraft - Maril - 09-08-2014

Might check this out later, I've not played properly for a long time and I quite like the idea of a vanilla-esque server. I really didn't like when they put endermen and witches in Sad They way scary, I still scream over skeletons, so modding has always scared me away a bit.

I quite like to do random other things whilst RP'ing Big Grin

EDIT: Tried to get on and was successful, however I am rubberband lagging all over the place. Optifine hasn't been updated to 1.8 yet unfortunately Sad

RE: Minecraft - Coatleque - 09-08-2014

I returned the max viewing distance to 16 chunks, and restarted it in "nogui" mode.
Avg CPU load with nobody on dropped from 50% to 10%. With just me connected, it hovered around 25%.

Hopefully this will fix most lag issues.