Hydaelyn Role-Players
Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! (/showthread.php?tid=8342)

Pages: 1 2 3

Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Austratus - 09-19-2014

Tokyo Game Show is on right now, and there's expected to be a bit of news regarding 2.4, the next major patch of FFXIV.
While there's surely more to come in the next couple of days, I do want to throw out there that 2.4 has a name-- Dreams of Ice.

[Image: final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn.jpg?w=720]

Feel free to add info to this thread as it arrives!

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Kage - 09-19-2014

Yup I remember the information that 2.4 would bring about Shiva. I'm pretty sure that's on track considering the title, the promo image and this image to the right too [Image: DDh5aUs.jpg]

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Aldotsk - 09-19-2014

I wonder which beast tribesmen are involved in Shiva's story.

But I am looking forward to this since this will also likely to unlock Coerthas to open their gate fully to players.

inb4 NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN NIN x 100000000

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Warren Castille - 09-19-2014

For the time being, I suspect Ishgard to remain closed.

Show Content

Looking forward to maybe a new Coerthas zone, though.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Lillith Cale - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 09:02 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: For the time being, I suspect Ishgard to remain closed.

Show Content

If I recall correctly, there was something mentioned somewhere (I gotta hunt for the link) that they were bringing back the other highland zones from 1.0 and that Ishgard would be open to us before the expansion.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Cato - 09-19-2014

I love Coerthas. I do hope we get to see more of it through being given an entire new zone to explore. I'm also hoping that we'll see a name change system implemented.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Warren Castille - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 09:07 AM)Lillith Cale Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 09:02 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: For the time being, I suspect Ishgard to remain closed.

Show Content

If I recall correctly, there was something mentioned somewhere (I gotta hunt for the link) that they were bringing back the other highland zones from 1.0 and that Ishgard would be open to us before the expansion.

Yeah, that's why I think it'll happen but won't be right now. Coil is finished in 2.4, but unles we're getting an expansion in March, they need something to plug 2.5 and 2.6 with. I could see the MSQ moving towards Ishgard and the influences there, ending with us saving the day and then having access in the build to whatever the expansion's got in store for us.

I think they said we're also going to finish with the tower soon? Or no? I assume 2.5 is going to be it. I know we're not going to get the full 2.5>2.6>2.7>2.8>2.9>3.0 (EXPANSION), just don't remember the numbers Yoshi-P stated they're aiming for.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - OttoVann - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 09:28 AM)Kage Wrote: I think they said we're also going to finish with the tower soon? Or no? I assume 2.5 is going to be it. I know we're not going to get the full 2.5>2.6>2.7>2.8>2.9>3.0 (EXPANSION), just don't remember the numbers Yoshi-P stated they're aiming for.

Maybe Im a pessimist ass, but I would be humored and unsurprised to see a 2.99 patch.

Please look forward to it.

Not pessimistic. Just humorous.

I'd actually love to see a patch joke just named that right before expansion.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Lillith Cale - 09-19-2014

Yeah, Shiva, NIN, and Coil Version 3 comes in 2.4

Then the Crystal Tower saga gets it' conclusion in 2.5, with us going to the world of darkness.

And I believe the only thing we really know about 2.6 is that there is going to be a catastrophe that pushes us into the Expansion, but it won't be as large of an event as Meteor.

EDIT:

Found the link to the post that composes all future data that we know of, including stuff confirmed and debunked: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/122723-FFXIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Articles-and-Translated-Interviews

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Austratus - 09-21-2014

[Image: xiv2-4_zps95181d88.png]
Screencapped from the Producer Letter LIVE @ TGS stream on Nico Nico Douga.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - W'seckhi Asah - 09-21-2014

Here's a giant album for the thinger. You know, slideshow thing.

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Kage - 09-21-2014

Here's a doc of the live "translation" that went on during it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Y4E0zh_0fR7MJr8DpskMnw_uH7akH6jXPXemEVQNlY/edit

RE: Information about Patch 2.4 thread! - Edda - 09-21-2014

[Image: mgja1Zk.png]
Caaaaaan't wait. I got so hype for these new seasonal outfits that I will probably never wear but then I noticed the saddest looking pumpkin in Eorzea.
[Image: Ag8lCl6.jpg]
Hopefully we get the trailer for the patch soon. And then hopefully xpac news at fan fest... R-right?