Hydaelyn Role-Players
The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) (/showthread.php?tid=8421)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Erik Mynhier - 09-27-2014

((This is the Official Starlight Ball Thread for Balmung. As promised details continue to pour in. If anyone remembers the Royal Ball from earlier this year (to be repeated next year, but that's another thread), you will remember how I organize these things. I have made my way around Eorzea on Balmung, asking random people of their ideas and opinions on how it was to be done. After much input from you, the attendees, we have organized this thing a bit and are on our way to getting it done. Remember as this is a group-sourced event like the last one, you won't get everything you want, try and refrain from generally non-constructive complaining. Things got a bit heated and ugly toward me last time and many who hit lowest below the belt seemed to enjoy themselves despite themselves. That said, come out and have fun with us. The holidays in game and out are a time of merriment. So let me and my friends give you this little holiday treat. With that disclaimer out of the way, I present you with.....))

The Starlight Ball - Hosted by the Sanctum of the Twelve

Event Name: The Starlight Ball

Event Location: The Sanctum of the Twelve [East Shroud (17-16)]

Event Time: 21-12-2014 @1800 to 22-12-2014 @0000 (All times in American Eastern, Time subject to change to accommodate the most people)

Special Needs: Anyone who RPs as a priest or priestess to the Twelve, we have great need of you to take roles at the Ball, as Sultansworn did at the last one. Please PM me here for details.

Ordained Helpers
Erik Mynhier - Priest of Halone
Rhisi - Priestess of Azeyma
Eva Zelorius - Priestess of Nymeia
M'wanthala Khryn - Follower of Oschon
Mistalv Arroway - Priestess of Rhalgr
Ashren Snow - Priest of Nald'thal

Event Backstory: The Sanctum of the Twelve has noticed the fracturing of once friendly nations. People seem closer and closer to darkening hearts. The constant fighting, monsters, villains and plots have begun to take a tole on the souls of Eorzea. To that end, the Sanctum has reached out to the ordained of Eorzea to organize a celebration to coincide with the Starlight holiday. By no means an evangelical or religious event, the Ball is to simply provide a night of enjoyment and to promote togetherness and joy among all of Eorzea's children.

((More Details to be Added))

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Kellach Woods - 09-27-2014

Ballin'

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Sylvain - 09-30-2014

Baller

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Warren Castille - 09-30-2014

Everyone will have a sphere at the ball.

Can't wait to work security!

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Roswyn - 09-30-2014

(09-27-2014, 06:01 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Ballin'

[Image: tumblr_lxmwjp104z1r4tm4zo1_500.gif]

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - C'kayah Polaali - 09-30-2014

The last annual ball left C'kayah lying nearly dead on the flagstones of the Scholar's Walk. I hope this one isn't too much like that...

Obligatory baller reference:
[youtube]ryDOy3AosBw[/youtube]

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Roen - 09-30-2014

Oh dang. Another ball!

Last one was madly eventful.

Hmmmmm.

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Verad - 09-30-2014

An excuse to wear my six cravats. At last.

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Melkire - 09-30-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:08 PM)Verad Wrote: An excuse to wear my six cravats. At last.

What happened to your seventh?

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Askier - 09-30-2014

Can Askier do the fireworks?!

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Erik Mynhier - 09-30-2014

I'm glad to see everyone excited. I will be out of country for a week so I won't be in game at all, but when I get back I'll be laying out the details.

One thing I can't decide is location. If we have the turnout of the last Ball, I may need to keep it where that one was, minus the Sultana as this is a holiday, and not a state event, not totally anyway.

The story I'm running with is, as you may know, the spy side of the Red Wings is an IC secret. Publicly they are a disaster relief and humanitarian aid unit. As such they are holding a charity Ball, the way real life organizations do around the holidays.

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Aldotsk - 10-06-2014

I want to actually do some interesting events for this if you are okay with it, Erik. Perhaps back at Royal Promenade and Husting Strip would be okay again?

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Erik Mynhier - 10-11-2014

(10-06-2014, 06:47 PM)Aldotsk Wrote: I want to actually do some interesting events for this if you are okay with it, Erik. Perhaps back at Royal Promenade and Husting Strip would be okay again?

Get with me over PM and we'll work out the details.

Also a note, preliminary planning will begin next week. I will post the date. Anyone interested in helping please post here and we will figure out a staff and get this ball rolling.

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Jancis - 10-12-2014

Not sure how Jancis could help support, but count me in!

I am so thinking this because it's a ball~
[youtube]QgVPnWmUqd4[/youtube]

RE: Coming Soon, The Starlight Ball - Parvacake - 10-12-2014

I look forward to it!