Hydaelyn Role-Players
The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) (/showthread.php?tid=8421)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Zetchryn - 12-21-2014

AAAAAAAGGGHHHH I have nothing to wear! #newbieproblems

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Siha - 12-21-2014

Eeeeeee, everything starts in less than an hour! Looking forward to seeing the turn out!

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Maril - 12-21-2014

So many people!

And unfortunately griefers too >.>

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Xiaoli Vorgan - 12-21-2014

I stopped by for all of 40 seconds. Very nice turn out. Loooots of people. So many in fact I hope that next time I hope to arrive in the beginning so I don't end up missing a chance to get into a conversation instead of standing around looking at all the groups clumped up as the text flies by from convos in ALL directions. Not chat bubbles + late to a party with over 100 people chatting at once = lost/time to port out. All the wedding dresses looked nice.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Blue - 12-21-2014

I'm going to give a 50% vote on this event. The place and set up was exquisite and full of potential, but it didn't seem to be organized in a way that'd encourage interactions out of couples/cliques like the Fullmoon Gala in 2013 or the Royal Ball of Ul'dah.

I recommend forming randomized parties like they did in the Gala to prompt strangers to talk to each other, that was a great method (and the /say chat was spared a lot, it was a great solution to some headaches).

The other thing that lowered my score for the event is that the event ran out in a way that was very different from what the description at the beginning suggested. Being in the Sanctum and having priests and the Twelve involved, I had imagined it'd have kind of a solemn and religious feel, rather than the christmas party at home feel the songs and best couple poll gave me (I'm mentioning just these two because there wasn't really anything else).

Anyroad, this is my dispassionate and impartial feedback, no personal feelings towards anyone in whatsoever way (I couldn't do that even if I wanted, I managed to talk with only two people other than my date and they were both really really nice!), just impressions and bits to help with future events.

Can't wait for the next one!

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Erik Mynhier - 12-21-2014

(12-21-2014, 11:21 PM)Blue Wrote: I'm going to give a 50% vote on this event. The place and set up was exquisite and full of potential, but it didn't seem to be organized in a way that'd encourage interactions out of couples/cliques like the Fullmoon Gala in 2013 or the Royal Ball of Ul'dah.

I recommend forming randomized parties like they did in the Gala to prompt strangers to talk to each other, that was a great method (and the /say chat was spared a lot, it was a great solution to some headaches).

The other thing that lowered my score for the event is that the event ran out in a way that was very different from what the description at the beginning suggested. Being in the Sanctum and having priests and the Twelve involved, I had imagined it'd have kind of a solemn and religious feel, rather than the christmas party at home feel the songs and best couple poll gave me (I'm mentioning just these two because there wasn't really anything else).

Anyroad, this is my dispassionate and impartial feedback, no personal feelings towards anyone in whatsoever way (I couldn't do that even if I wanted, I managed to talk with only two people other than my date and they were both really really nice!), just impressions and bits to help with future events.

Can't wait for the next one!

Sorry it was not all to your liking. That reads snarky but it isnt. The goal was for it not to be a religious event as stated in the opening post:

Quote:Event Backstory: The Sanctum of the Twelve has noticed the fracturing of once friendly nations. People seem closer and closer to darkening hearts. The constant fighting, monsters, villains and plots have begun to take a tole on the souls of Eorzea. To that end, the Sanctum has reached out to the ordained of Eorzea to organize a celebration to coincide with the Starlight holiday. By no means an evangelical or religious event, the Ball is to simply provide a night of enjoyment and to promote togetherness and joy among all of Eorzea's children.

I am happy for your enjoyment of the parts you liked.

--------------------------

As for other things I received many happy tells and saw to it that there was much mingling. I hope all had fun. I have many pics i will post tomorrow. Again thank you all for coming and having a good time. At our peak we had 326 in the temple at one time. It was great and I'll see you all at the Royal Ball in May.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Berrod Armstrong - 12-21-2014

I had fun! Great stuff. Thank you for putting this together!

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 12-21-2014

Thanks for the dances Erik. <3

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Ciel - 12-21-2014

Thanks for putting on this shindig, Erik.  A fun time as always.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Ririla Rila - 12-21-2014

It was a lot of fun! Thank you!

Got to cause a little mischief which is always interesting ^.^ I did find myself a little bit stuck without a date though, but then again it encouraged me to go and make few friends so Thanks! 

Looking forward to future events~

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Ashren Dotharl - 12-22-2014

Wanted to thank Erik for putting this together, and thank everyone for coming and making it full of life and great times. I didn't get a chance to RP with as many people as I would have liked due to a bit of RL drama that I had to deal with, but the few people I did get to meet and RP with was a lot of fun.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Kizari - 12-22-2014

The ball was great! Thanks to all who put this together! Excited for later events~

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Martiallais - 12-22-2014

We got there a bit late but had lots of fun wandering around and seeing some familiar names from the RPC (even if I didn't talk to them all...I was on my Miqo, Tseh'to).

Was cool hanging out with Steel as always though Big Grin Cool

Thanks for putting this on for the community!

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Zetchryn - 12-22-2014

Was lovely to see all the faces about! I wanted to but in on everyone I recognized, but managed to behave... Other then pouncing Steel randomly xD

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - PkThunda - 12-22-2014

I posted screenshots of the ball in the screenshot thread as well as my tumblr- did YOU make Umi's best dressed list?