Hydaelyn Role-Players
The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) (/showthread.php?tid=8421)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Yangh - 12-13-2014

Unfortunately I have to withdraw myself from this event... new job says no! :c

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Jancis - 12-17-2014

Wanted to ask what the NPC atmosphere will be like at the Ball.
I've heard some people talking about attacking others at the Ball and in my imagination I see a ton of well dressed guards and considering the event is being held at a sanctum it's kind of sacred land that would kind of nullify it on an aether level?

Still looking forward to this event.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Melkire - 12-17-2014

My understanding is that there is to be no roughhousing, no attacks, no bomb threats or explosions, etc. at this event. My understanding is also that one of the various reasons this venue was chosen was specifically to discourage this sort of thing.

It's the Starlight Ball. It's a social function. It's for folks to relax and get together and hang out and meet new people and catch up with old friends and dance and sing and praise the Twelve and so on and so forth. I hope I speak of behalf of Erik when I ask attendees to please refrain from spoiling the festivities. If you've got grievances with other PCs who'll be attending, please either save them for after the event, or take them outside the Sanctum. You can work your stuff out in private. Likewise for anyone running their own plots, personal or FC, that might have violent outbursts coinciding with this event.

Tensions are fine. You want to glare at someone all night, or speak in rough, whispered, agitated tones together, be our guest. Fair warning, though: if you insist on disturbing the peace, and on sacred ground no less, be prepared for me coming down on you with all the merciless god modding required to set the event back on track. And yes, that will include NPCs.

EDIT: As an addendum, if we should be so unfortunate as to receive any of the usual trolls (generally PvE players who look down on and mock roleplaying), a notice will go out in /yell identifying the individual to be temporarily blacklisted for the sake of avoiding chat spam.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Jancis - 12-17-2014

(12-17-2014, 01:32 PM)Melkire Wrote: Tensions are fine. You want to glare at someone all night, or speak in rough, whispered, agitated tones together, be our guest. Fair warning, though: if you insist on disturbing the peace, and on sacred ground no less, be prepared for me coming down on you with all the merciless god modding required to set the event back on track. And yes, that will include NPCs.

Lovely. 

If anything it'll be a lot of fun to politely insult people under the guise of a compliment and formal chatter.

Such searingly delicious ^_^ lalalalala

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Elysia - 12-18-2014

(12-07-2014, 10:52 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Steel has a dress.  And new hairs.  And lovely people to arrive with.  Now I just need (well, want) to power through these last three levels to 50 and I am READY TO BALL!

Nowhere near level 50... *sniffle* 

This sounds like so much fun though. If Avis shows, she'll be in pumpkin mage gear... that's the most presentable outfit she's got.. Sad

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Steel Wolf - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 05:04 AM)Elysia Wrote: Nowhere near level 50... *sniffle* 

This sounds like so much fun though. If Avis shows, she'll be in pumpkin mage gear... that's the most presentable outfit she's got.. Sad

AVIS!!

I WILL FIND YOU!!

AND I WILL HUG THE <chocobo wark> OUTTA YOUR FACE! <3

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Warren Castille - 12-18-2014

So, hypothetically speaking of course, if someone's got two dates do they need to change clothes for the second round?

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Berrod Armstrong - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 09:30 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: So, hypothetically speaking of course, if someone's got two dates do they need to change clothes for the second round?
Uh. This is hypothetically relevant. Yep.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Elysia - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 09:29 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(12-18-2014, 05:04 AM)Elysia Wrote: Nowhere near level 50... *sniffle* 

AVIS!!

I WILL FIND YOU!!

AND I WILL HUG THE <chocobo wark> OUTTA YOUR FACE! <3

Dammit Gran-Momma, you're the sweetest person alive Heart looking forward to the, um, reunion!

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Martiallais - 12-18-2014

I still need to figure out what Tseh'to's gonna wear...hrm. Gots to make sure he's dressed like the cool cat he is. Cool

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Erik Mynhier - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 09:30 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: So, hypothetically speaking of course, if someone's got two dates do they need to change clothes for the second round?

What's that line from Starbomb's Ryu Rap? They're both comin' home with me.... one for each of my.... well. Its up to you bro.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Warren Castille - 12-18-2014

Solution: Bring dyes and simply match my dates' outfits. As is true in many dance styles, the man exists to showcase his partner!

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Roen - 12-19-2014

Someone just pointed this out to me last night as I was talking about the Ball.

The Sanctum of Twelve is where the Eternal Bonding ceremony is at. While I haven't taken a gander there myself to verify, I was told that it is constantly crowded, lots of people running back and forth and many just standing around near the chapel afk. There will likely be plenty of non-roleplayers about and maybe even chat in say between those people just hangin around. Or spams of standard emotes between those waiting.

I would love for this Ball to be as exclusive to RPers as much as possible, but I don't know that this venue will allow that.

Just a thought.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Warren Castille - 12-19-2014

Dawned on me this week as well. I'm hoping the crowds stick to the gateway where the quest starts and less in the courtyard itself. That said, it can easily go a couple of ways:

Idlers idle and no one cares.

Dorks getting married find an event they can be all spousey at

Trolls overhear and bring an FC to rain on everything.

My advice is to remain optimistic (It's a sunday evening in the US) and keep those blocklists revved up just in case.

RE: The 2014 Starlight Ball (All Details and Updates in First Post) - Melkire - 12-19-2014

Sadly, the venue for the Ball was chosen and announced quite a while before the venue for the Eternal Bond ceremonies was. Damn you, Square-Enix! *shakes fist*

Going to second Warren's advice here. I don't think the situation makes this event untenable at the chosen venue, but we'll play it by ear, I think. And yes, make sure your blacklists have room, I'm sure the event will feature at least one ignoramus.

I should specify that that just now was a royal "we". Not sure if I'll be taking my laptop with me on xmas vacation, so not sure now if I'll be in attendance. I expect that the Red Wings will be looking to enforce Godmod-imposed peace and tranquility in my stead. Behave, trolls.