Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ (/showthread.php?tid=8501)

Pages: 1 2

LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - QueenFrejyalen - 10-03-2014

Hello everyone~
For Queen's current storyline, she has become an ally of the Sultana in Ul'dah.  I'm looking for other RPers that are Sultansworn, advisors to Nanamo ul Namo, or even Brass Blades characters who can be an ally to Queen or just an acquaintance, for future RP in-game and out of game.

Clarification edit:  Looking for any characters in the Immortal Flames or Sultansworn who are loyal to the Sultana, whether they have direct contact with the Sultana or not.  Or people who are in some other way connected (maid, cook or servant in the Sultanate's employ, etc).  The connection can be a very loose one.  People who are loyal to the Sultana would be preferred, but if your character is against them or in a different political standing, that could still work depending on what kind of relationship they'd have.

A little about Queen~
Queen is a cultural ambassador of sorts, working toward peace between the beast tribes and the city-states, and preserving culture is very important to her (as her own culture is in danger of disappearing from the Realm).  The Sultana has assisted Queen's family since the Calamity, giving them a place to live and work under her allegiance.

(( If anyone has any tips or commentary about this backstory choice, let me know, I'm interested in getting to know more about Ul'dah and the Sultana's lore~ ))

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Coatleque - 10-03-2014

Someone who would actually want to meet me?

=Cactuar

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Seriphyn - 10-03-2014

Think you'll be hard-pressed to find PCs who say that they are close to important story NPCs in-character. Even for my character, a soldier-knight-person for Chairman Lolorito, I have him working through a representative rather than speak to Lolorito directly.

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - OttoVann - 10-03-2014

Raubahn = Syndicate sitting member

Otto = Syndicate affiliated.

(10-03-2014, 03:23 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Think you'll be hard-pressed to find PCs who say that they are close to important story NPCs in-character. Even for my character, a soldier-knight-person for Chairman Lolorito, I have him working through a representative rather than speak to Lolorito directly.

This too. I'd imagine I'd rp with some intermediary vs sitting down with Raubahn directly.

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - QueenFrejyalen - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 03:14 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Someone who would actually want to meet me?

=Cactuar

I just popped over to Coatleque's Wiki, and honestly, I think that Frejyalen would really respect someone like her.  =]  I'd be interested in them forming some sort of alliance through the Sultana or even a friendship, if appropriate~.

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Coatleque - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 03:23 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Think you'll be hard-pressed to find PCs who say that they are close to important story NPCs in-character.

Erm.. if this is what Queen means, then no. Coatleque would not be 'personally' close to the Sultana. She is, however, fiercely loyal on a professional basis.

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - QueenFrejyalen - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 03:23 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Raubahn = Syndicate sitting member

Otto = Syndicate affiliated.

(10-03-2014, 03:23 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Think you'll be hard-pressed to find PCs who say that they are close to important story NPCs in-character. Even for my character, a soldier-knight-person for Chairman Lolorito, I have him working through a representative rather than speak to Lolorito directly.

This too.  I'd imagine I'd rp with some intermediary vs sitting down with Raubahn directly.

All good points, thank you for the info~!  Gonna edit my post slightly to reflect this.

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - OttoVann - 10-03-2014

I could definitely go for this though in my own small way since Ive wanted to get Otto involved in politics more in someway.

(10-03-2014, 03:14 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Someone who would actually want to meet me?

=Cactuar

I want to meet you everyday Crofte. ;___________;

Never noticed, why live.

Added a clarification update to the first post~

=3

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Warren Castille - 10-03-2014

Hang out in the Quicksand and look for the white shinies. Easier than you'd think to meet folks of that disposition.

(10-03-2014, 03:25 PM)QueenFrejyalen Wrote: I just popped over to Coatleque's Wiki, and honestly, I think that Frejyalen would really respect someone like her.  =]  I'd be interested in them forming some sort of alliance through the Sultana or even a friendship, if appropriate~.

Anything can happen in the amazing world of RP! I'm waiting to hear back from someone regarding another major story arc right now (*poke Nero*), but so long as she's not detained you should be able to find her in Ul'dah most of the time!

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Melkire - 10-03-2014

As a Flame soldier with some personal history with Commander Swift, Osric is two steps removed from Raubahn. He's also Royalist (though his political association is carefully kept off the records) and has ties through the Sultansworn that connect him with the Sultana by two to three degrees. So he's indirectly connected in at least two ways.

Feel free to hit me up with a PM here or a tell in-game! (or walk-ups, I love walk-ups provided I'm not pressed for time) Osric has gradually taken to walking the streets again in and out of uniform, following a certain... incident... that left him a tad unpopular with the residents and citizenry of the city (understatement of the century).

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Warren Castille - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 03:38 PM)Melkire Wrote: As a Flame soldier with some personal history with Commander Swift, Osric is two steps removed from Raubahn. He's also Royalist (though his political association is carefully kept off the records) and has ties through the Sultansworn that connect him with the Sultana by two to three degrees. So he's indirectly connected in at least two ways.

Feel free to hit me up with a PM here or a tell in-game! (or walk-ups, I love walk-ups provided I'm not pressed for time) Osric has gradually taken to walking the streets again in and out of uniform, following a certain... incident... that left him a tad unpopular with the residents and citizenry of the city (understatement of the century).

That whole thing?

JUST POISONED WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE, OLD FRIEND.

RE: LF Flames/Sultansworn/Allies of the Sultana for RP~ - Melkire - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 03:40 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 03:38 PM)Melkire Wrote: As a Flame soldier with some personal history with Commander Swift, Osric is two steps removed from Raubahn. He's also Royalist (though his political association is carefully kept off the records) and has ties through the Sultansworn that connect him with the Sultana by two to three degrees. So he's indirectly connected in at least two ways.

That whole thing?

JUST POISONED WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE, OLD FRIEND.

I DIDN'T DO IT. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS BEING DONE.

COMPLICITY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY.

(10-03-2014, 03:38 PM)Melkire Wrote: ...

I think that your character would also be a great connection to have~.  Will tell in-game when I get my net & game room set up again.  =]

(10-03-2014, 03:33 PM)OttoVann Wrote: ...

Perhaps Otto and Queen could be acquainted, if he is politically involved~.  =3

(10-03-2014, 03:37 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: ...

Tried that once... poor Queenie got spit on by a very rude man, and she hasn't been back since.  XD;