Hydaelyn Role-Players
Shara Seleni - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Shara Seleni (/showthread.php?tid=852)

Shara Seleni - Sha - 10-21-2010

RL Info

RL Name: Who cares
RL Age: 29
Timezone: GMT +1
RL Gender: Male
Mother tongue: French

--Why do you like to RP?

RP is inscribed in my DNA Smile

Basic info

--Characters:

Shara Seleni (Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon)

--Current primary linkshell:

Jenova

RP Preferences:

--RP style (Casual, moderate, or heavy)?

It depends of the players I am with. I tend to match the RP style of my current fellows and I feel at ease with any style.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)

I can’t say I like this way of handling fights. I’d rather leave fighting scenes to the game mechanics. Of course this is not possible in FFXIV, so if it is really important for the scene to fight, I’ll deal with it, taking into account character skills. But I’ll avoid that as much as possible.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)

Permanent major physical injuries, no. Coma and other mental traumas, why not.

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?

None. I wouldn't mind in a pen & paper but I'm putting far too much of my free time in MMO characters (and not only regarding game aspects) to let them go poof for the beauty of RP. I might think about it if I decide to leave the game (which should not happen any soon).

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?

If not just for the sake of an RP romance and if my character happens to actually fall in love with another, definitely. As for how far I'm willing to go, it's up to my character to decide, not me Tongue
Regarding ERP, I don't mind some from time to time, up to a certain point (read: keep it decent and poetic).

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)

Any kind, except family (background reasons).

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?

I try to stick with the lore as much as possible and I simply ignore anything around my character going against it.

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?

I generally talk IC in /say and OOC in /tell or /party, but it depends of who I am with and the situation (i.e. if my character needs to whisper something to someone, I'll use /tell). In the end, I don’t care as long as everyone else is happy with how IC / OOC is handled.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?

Anyone who initiates an RP contact with me, anytime, anywhere, will get an RP reaction. I won’t, however, systematically initiate contact with other roleplayers, particularly if my character doesn’t know them (which is logical).

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)

Any way is a good way.