Hydaelyn Role-Players
2.4 Dungeons Preview - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: 2.4 Dungeons Preview (/showthread.php?tid=8527)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2.4 Dungeons Preview - Kage - 10-06-2014

Link hereeee!

Quote:Preparations for patch 2.4 are nearly complete, and today we offer you a sneak peek at Snowcloak, the stronghold of heretics serving the Dravanian horde, as well as Hard incarnations of Sastasha and the Sunken Temple of Qarn.

Snowcloak
The landscape of Eorzea has undergone a great many changes in the wake of the Calamity, giving way to anomalies heretofore unseen. The great ice wall, Snowcloak, is one such construct molded in the aftermath of Bahamut’s rampage. Once thought to be impassable, recent reports tell of a network of tunnels piercing through the heart of this crystalline impasse. Duty demands these passageways be investigated, but woe unto he who finds their creator.

Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 50
Item Level Requirement: ???
Party Size: Four players
Time Limit: 90 minutes
Quest: ???
Prerequisites: ???

Sastasha (Hard)
Tucked deep inside the dank caverns of the Sastasha Seagrot, there is a secret port said to have been built by the pirate Mistbeard. In the years following the Calamity, the notorious Serpent Reavers claimed it as their lair, until the cutthroats were vanquished by a band of dauntless adventurers. The place subsequently came under the control of Lominsan authorities, who maintained a security presence within. Alas, that control did not last, for an unknown faction has arisen─seemingly from the briny depths─and overwhelmed the occupying Yellowjackets. Opinion is divided over the identity of these foes. Some say that they are pirates, while others swear that they are fiends. Yet it does not take a scholar to see that these two things need not be mutually exclusive.

Quest: It's Definitely Pirates
Prerequisites: Players must first complete the main scenario quest "The Ultimate Weapon."

The Sunken Temple of Qarn (Hard)
Adventurers fear not danger, scholars care not for comfort, and miners like not unturned stones. Thus was born the unlikely partnership between the Order of Nald'thal and Amajina & Sons Mineral Concern, in the wake of a certain adventurer's conquest of the Sunken Temple's notorious traps. But the dead of Qarn left many snares─more than enough for a thousand years of greed─and now, a tomb raider's fevered dream of riches has stranded the joint expedition in a place where history has a tendency to come alive...

Quest: The Wrath of Qarn
Prerequisites: Players must first complete the Main Scenario quest "The Ultimate Weapon," and have also cleared the dungeon Temple of Qarn.

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Kage - 10-06-2014

The fact that Snowcloak is super vague... it must be a quest dungeon in the Main Story Quest line! Pretty swanky in my opinion.

So snowcloak is new leading up to Shiva most likely and then there is Shiva and the... Arabic? named trial.

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Warren Castille - 10-06-2014

I see your preview and raise.

Be warned, here be potential spoilers.

(10-06-2014, 10:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I see your preview and raise.

I didn't want to link it because my google translate does not translate it very well :c

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Berrod Armstrong - 10-06-2014

*Quietly plans IC Sastasha and Qarn runs*

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Melodia - 10-06-2014

Thank you for posting everyone Smile Much appreciated.

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Erik Mynhier - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 10:22 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I see your preview and raise.

OMG..... so excited for that boss. Was a favorite in 11. Do not open that spoiler bar. Let it be a surprise.
Show Content

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Crisiet - 10-06-2014

*Excited spasms*

I'm over the moon for some of this content. I'd go so far as to say it eclipses some of the previous stuff we've been shown. Practically got me howling over it. Hoping traffic's not too bad when it comes out so I can rush home from work and wolf it down.

Cactuar

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Sounsyy - 10-06-2014

Omgggggggggggggg /drool

I am so excited for Sastasha. And Snowcloak! Yetis! And could that cyclops be the long lost Arges?! =D

Also...

Hecka cute new hairstyle

Dat armor the hyur is wearing... I want it. I need it. Give it to me. /grabby hands

(10-06-2014, 11:13 AM)Sounsyy Wrote: Dat armor the hyur is wearing... I want it. I need it. Give it to me. /grabby hands

I WANT THE ARMOR TOOOO

Also. Fighting Davy Jones. Hurm

Edit: I'm also interested in the fact that Rogues all have a sort of "class garb" similar to the job AF gear. That seems a first.

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Sounsyy - 10-06-2014

(10-06-2014, 11:17 AM)Kage Wrote: Edit: I'm also interested in the fact that Rogues all have a sort of "class garb" similar to the job AF gear. That seems a first.

^ This... I've been wondering about that since that first demo video they showed. Like... SE that looks like XI's THF AF armor... Why does Rogue have AF armor...? Hmm we shall see... maybe SE has pulled another fast one on us like they did with SCH/SMN. But I won't get my hopes up.

RE: 2.4 Dungeons Preview - Melkire - 10-06-2014

I'm not as excited as I should be for these new dungeons.

All I want to know is if we should still expect ridiculous mat drop rates as a barrier to acquiring what is purely vanity gear. I've grown as sick of this issue being passed over by Square as I have with atma drop rates.

Honestly. Ask anyone who runs Expert Roulette with me. Nothing but mat runs, 99% of the time. I once went two weeks of Roulette without seeing so much as an accessory.

So if they're planning on stuffing myth mats into these... *shudders*

Materials for i70 crafted gear coming from an i80 dungeon hurts me. It's incredibly poor design on SE's part and I hope they get away from it in 2.4.

(10-06-2014, 11:56 AM)Melkire Wrote: I'm not as excited as I should be for these new dungeons.

All I want to know is if we should still expect ridiculous mat drop rates as a barrier to acquiring what is purely vanity gear. I've grown as sick of thiis issue being passed over by Square as I have with atma drop rates.

Honestly. Ask anyone who runs Expert Roulette with me. Nothing but mat runs, 99% of the time. I once went two weeks of Roulette without seeing so much as an accessory.

So if they're planning on stuffing myth mats into these... *shudders*
back in July ish they mentioned looking into fixing the rates. I haven't really had the same complete issue.

At least you're not Oscare.