Hydaelyn Role-Players
Az's top 5 game! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Az's top 5 game! (/showthread.php?tid=8597)

Az's top 5 game! - Azureus Scipio - 10-10-2014

Hello peoples! I came up with somthing... why not list 5 video game bosses (FF or not) but instead of one catagory, one for each cata. and try to explain why if you can.

One that creeps you out most -
One you think is most funny -
The one that in your opinion is the most epic fight ever -
The one you think is the weakest -
The one that you absolutely hate everytime

ill start

One that creeps you out most - Zephon! From legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 1. This boss I think just about beats Melchiah, the fact that it's an insectoid vampire who degenerated and merged with a whole cathedral to become in his own words "A body of brick and mortar in which to watch a pubating work". he's just so... NOPE! DX

[Image: Zephon_by_Splurch2006.jpg]

Zant from LOZTP, need I say more.. his crazy movements and sounds always make me rolfcopter Big Grin

[Image: Zant_%28Hyrule_Warriors%29.png]

The one that in your opinion is the most epic fight ever - I would have to say the final boss battle from FFVI, the whole climbing a biblicle tower to take down a literal god is amazing. Big Grin

The one you think is the weakest - Yu Yevon. seriously this guy was piss easy.

The one that you absolutely hate everytime....... Hmmm..... TITAN FROM THIS DAMN GAME!

RE: Az's top 5 game! - Melkire - 10-10-2014

The Creepiest

Majora's Mask, while he's wearing Skull Kid.

[Image: 391739-skullkid1.jpg]

No contest, this one here was creepy, and all the more amazing a villain for it.

The Funniest

Wizpig, from Diddy Kong Racing 64

[Image: Badboss5.png]

~Daaaaa, na na naaaaa naaaaa naaaaaa~~~
~Daaaaa, na na naaaaa naaaaa naaaaaa~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1h70GtrBn8

The Most Epic

Gwyn, from Dark Souls

[Image: Gwyn_Feature_04.jpg]

Nothing but me, my claymore, and my Dark Knight's Shield against the Lord of Cinder. Bring it.

The Weakest

Cloud N. Candy, from Yoshi's Story.

[Image: candy2.jpg]

*mashes B button repeatedly and wins*

The One I Hate

Dullahan, from Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age

[Image: DjinnStorm.png]

F#&% YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

...runner-up is Bubbler from Diddy Kong Racing 64.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

One bubble! I ran into ONE bubble and, and, and...!!!!!!

RE: Az's top 5 game! - TheLastCandle - 10-10-2014

Creepiest - Giygas from Earthbound. No, I don't subscribe to that infamous fan theory. But just look at him:
[Image: giygas-first-stage.png]
"It hurts.

I’m H A P P Y . . .

Ness… Ness… Ness…

nessnessnessnessnessnessnessnessnessnessness" -Shivers.-

Funniest - The Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day. He's a gigantic, operatic, pile of poo. I have a juvenile sense of humor.

Most Epic- This one's a toughie, but one that stands out (possibly because I just did it not TOO long ago) is Xenmas from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD.

Also the one I hate the most in recent memory, so.. two for one, there.

Weakest - Fable II. Lucien. Nuff said.

RE: Az's top 5 game! - Coatleque - 10-10-2014

Creepiest - The Brood Mother from Dragon Age Origins
It's not just the looks, but the realization of what it used to be. I hate Darkspawn.
[Image: dragon-age-origins19.jpg]

Funniest - Prince Valanar, WotLK
Blizzard acknowledged their own bad writing here in a nod to the "X is just a setback" line by turning this former 2-person quest fight into part of a raid boss.
[Image: Prince_Valanar_at_Naxxanar.jpg]

Most Epic - John Irenicus, Baldur's Gate II
The whole game itself was one massive build-up to this fight. The writing was superb. Defeating this guy was one of the most fulfilling fights I've ever had.
[Image: 192034-jon1.jpg]

Weakest - King Koopa, Super Mario Brothers
Jump over, touch axe. Enough said.
[Image: 0.jpg]

Most Hated - Kangaxx the Demilich, Baldur's Gate II
Admittedly, this fight is easy once you gather six scrolls of protection from magic, but I died too many times before learning that trick.
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

RE: Az's top 5 game! - Nero - 10-10-2014

Creepiest, I think, comes in two flavours. The "What in the goddamn hell is going on" kind of creepy and the "I really do not want to look at it" kind of creepy.

For the former category, the one that comes to mind is Greg Nightmare from Killer7. Some might call that cheating because the entire premise of Killer7 is "You have no clue what is happening", but still. Look at this.
[youtube]dWgDb6jMPx0[/youtube]

As for the latter category, The Mother from the Awakening expansion of Dragon Age Origins. The way her mouth kind of splits open is ACK GET AWAY THROW FIREBALLS AT IT KILL IT DEAD WAGGHH

Funniest, probably The End from Metal Gear Solid 3. Few things can exceed the humour in defeating a boss by letting said boss die of old age.

Most Epic definitely goes out to The Transcendent One in Planescape: Torment, for reasons that will not be named. Runner up for the traditional definition of "epic" is Big Varder from Phantasy Star Online 2. You and your party assault a massive tank/battleship, until the core turns into a giant mecha, all to the tune of a really satisfying boss theme.

[youtube]eNINIjBo6RU[/youtube]

Weakest in recent memory is Colonel Autumn from Fallout 3. Christ, I could have brushed past him in a narrow corridor and he'd completely fall apart.

The most hated fight for me is Turn 7 in Coil in this goddamn game.

Let's see. Nearly every mechanic can cause an instant wipe? Check. No forgiveness for any individual mistakes? Check. RNG elements that can cause an instant wipe? Check. The worst part is that the difficulty is artificial; there's no real complexity to it, it's just the same relatively simple mechanics spammed every 20 or 30 seconds, and a single mistake means boom, you just killed the entire raid. And sure, the fight is easy in practise when you become familiar with the elements, but I feel that that doesn't detract from the fact that the whole fight is rather poorly designed.

RE: Az's top 5 game! - Aldotsk - 10-10-2014

One that creeps you out most - 
Rasklapanje

From Resident Evil 6 - Honestly, this creature weirds the crap out of me. Once it grabs you, the resisting it extremely difficult especially in a harder difficulty settings. When you get perma grabbed, you are dead. The creature will reproduce inside your abdomen and pop out of the belly. Also, when you try to kill it, the creature divides into multiple parts while it's falling apart. they will try to grab you or reunite itself.

[Image: Raskapanje.png]

[youtube]oRdWm8xEZJQ[/youtube]

I can never take this mobile suit seriously. This dies all the time, and it's almost bad as Leo from Gundam Wing.

The one that in your opinion is the most epic fight ever -

[youtube]yuQsCHOzCbw[/youtube]

The X7 level is ridiculous and yet epic fight for me. I needed double stylus to fight this, and the music is amazing too since Shoji Meguro knows how to make someone hype up for this fight.

The one you think is the weakest - 
[youtube]8Nc169hWk54[/youtube]

He'll just try to hop at you and do nothing. It's shameful. Poor Toad Man.

The one that you absolutely hate everytime-
[youtube]6eAILBM-dgA[/youtube]

I remember that day when it was not a fun fight since he kept freezing me down and then stun locking ugh. 

RE: Az's top 5 game! - Aldotsk - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 05:02 PM)Nero Wrote: Most Epic definitely goes out to The Transcendent One in Planescape: Torment, for reasons that will not be named. Runner up for the traditional definition of "epic" is Big Varder from Phantasy Star Online 2. You and your party assault a massive tank/battleship, until the core turns into a giant mecha, all to the tune of a really satisfying boss theme.

[youtube]hrgvN7g_Bps[/youtube]

You'll like this