Hydaelyn Role-Players
Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. (/showthread.php?tid=8703)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Cranechild - 10-19-2014

Everyone has been talking about Yoshi-P hinting at the Dark Knight job and him mentioning his desire to have a "two-handed swordsman" but I hope I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who caught this:
[Image: 84013e12.png]

Could it be possible that the Dark Knight job is an annex of the Marauder class and Samurai off the Gladiator? Lore-wise they are setup for it, especially considering that it would fit to give the New Player Race it's own job to introduce and they are from the "Far East" (Doma).

All of this is speculation but I feel like it is a fair notion. Tell me what you think! Smile

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Kage - 10-19-2014

It was mentioned in the Fan fest thread yup.

I think most people are waiting to speculate until after London Fan fest because it is only one week away

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Marisa - 10-19-2014

I'll buy the Dark Knight thing, but given that Soken is a big ol' troll, I'd say there's a solid chance he did that on purpose to screw with people.

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Aduu Avagnar - 10-19-2014

on the subject of london, on the off chance they don't have a stream (which I doubt, but we already seem like an afterthought) I will have my phone with me and attempt to update stuff as it comes.

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Verranicus - 10-20-2014

Keep in mind Soken seems to keep many of the music files for previous games he's worked on in that directory, an example being SK4 likely having to do with his work on Seiken Densetsu 4. Samurai could just as easily be a folder with his work from Musashi: Samurai Legend.

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Kage - 10-21-2014

(10-20-2014, 02:20 PM)Verranicus Wrote: Keep in mind Soken seems to keep many of the music files for previous games he's worked on in that directory, an example being SK4 likely having to do with his work on Seiken Densetsu 4. Samurai could just as easily be a folder with his work from Musashi: Samurai Legend.
But wouldn't it be something under musashiden or bm (blade master)?

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Erik Mynhier - 10-21-2014

Don't give me Dark Knight and kick me in the.... well you know. Please let it be a GLD job or have its own class. I just don't want an axe wielding DRK, either Sword and Board.... which I prefer... or a Greatsword which would be amazing in and of itself.

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Zac Evans - 10-21-2014

(10-21-2014, 01:09 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Don't give me Dark Knight and kick me in the.... well you know. Please let it be a GLD job or have its own class. I just don't want an axe wielding DRK, either Sword and Board.... which I prefer... or a Greatsword which would be amazing in and of itself.

Ehem. What's wrong with Axes, Erik? Angry

(10-21-2014, 01:34 AM)Zac Evans Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 01:09 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: Don't give me Dark Knight and kick me in the.... well you know. Please let it be a GLD job or have its own class. I just don't want an axe wielding DRK, either Sword and Board.... which I prefer... or a Greatsword which would be amazing in and of itself.

Because this is not a Dark Knight...
[Image: Viking_Dude_by_holoc4ust.jpg]

This is a Dark Knight...
[Image: ashram.jpg]

(10-21-2014, 02:34 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:

stuff 'n things

This is a Dark Knight...

Holy shit, is that the Curtana?!

(10-21-2014, 02:51 AM)Zac Evans Wrote:

stuff 'n things

This is a Dark Knight...

Oh no my friend, that is the Demon Sword Soul Crusher, weapon of Lord Ashram.
[Image: LodossJap-4A-35613.jpg]

(10-21-2014, 03:14 AM)Erik Mynhier Wrote:
(10-21-2014, 02:51 AM)Zac Evans Wrote:

stuff 'n things

This is a Dark Knight...

Oh no my friend, that is the Demon Sword Soul Crusher, weapon of Lord Ashram.
[Image: LodossJap-4A-35613.jpg]

Choco-sh*t, that's the Curtana on the Atkins diet!!
[Image: 150px-FFXIV_Curtana.webp]

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Saefinn - 10-21-2014

I think in terms of skill set, Marauder is probably better for a Dark Knight, however, I think they would need to replace that axe with a greatsword or a scythe. I can imagine some of Marauder's skills being used on a Dark Knight, but can really imagine Gladiator's.

However, Dark Knights could use a greataxe on FFXI (as well as scythes and greatswords), so who knows? Dark Knight might get an axe.

If Gladiator were to become Samurai, again, it would need to a 2 handed weapon, but it is possible they'd overhaul the class system to offer a little more flexibility in that respect, because in its current state, it's pretty flawed and doesn't offer much flexibility in terms of job roles.

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Aldotsk - 10-21-2014

Possibility that all Dark Knights are part of Dravanian lores. I am very curious about this.

*imagines all Dravanians to be Castlevania vampire hunters*

RE: Dark Knight, hinted. Samurai Folder found. - Kellach Woods - 10-21-2014

I don't think they'll do a straight up overhaul - that would be silly and likely to completely screw over the already existing classes.

I'd wager that they have their own starter classes in fact. Dark Knights get 2H swords, Samurai get katana. Especially if both are tanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got job offshoots of different classes that can easily be retrofitted into already existing classes and change their roles. Example : Instead of going Warrior, you could go into a different job and DPS.

Kind of like how Arcanist goes into either Scholar or Summoner.