Hydaelyn Role-Players
Extra Life 2016! 25 hours of PAIN! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Extra Life 2016! 25 hours of PAIN! (/showthread.php?tid=8712)

Pages: 1 2

Extra Life 2016! 25 hours of PAIN! - Warren Castille - 10-20-2014

I'm going to presume this is the right place for this sort of thing, though if it's not really welcome feel free to move/nuke/whatever it!

On that note, does anyone here participate in the annual Extra Life livestream marathon event extravaganza? Because I do! That links takes you to page for my friend's charity drive for 2014 and I'm happy to say I'll once again be a part of it! Details are all explained on that page so I'll keep my ad/begging/referencing to a minimum.

Man, this is awkward.

* Warren Castille puts the updated stuff at the end of the thread.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - OttoVann - 10-20-2014

Level ninja on stream. Or a craft or 6.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - Warren Castille - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 12:18 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Level ninja on stream. Or a craft or 6.

I don't have Time Mage leveled high enough to give me access to the patch 3 days early.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - OttoVann - 10-20-2014

(10-20-2014, 12:20 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 12:18 PM)OttoVann Wrote: Level ninja on stream. Or a craft or 6.

I don't have Time Mage leveled high enough to give me access to the patch 3 days early.

Alright m8, level some crafts then. I'd even help you a bit.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - Berrod Armstrong - 10-20-2014

YES.

It's my friend's stream, not mine, but we intend on filling the day with as many games as we can. I may or may not be bringing my laptop down so I suppose if the DONATION FOR THE CHILDRENDS was right I could be convinced to run a dungeon or two.

Expect lots of NES and SNES stuff. We've done a Zelda game every year (and are in the archives on his youtube page!) but now that Zelda1/2nd Quest and Zelda2 are done, I'm not sure what else to tap. Maybe Link's Awakening?

I feel like such an attention whore. IT'S FOR THE KIDS.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - Dogberry - 10-20-2014

Crap, I wish I knew about this sooner. I volunteered to pick up a Saturday shift at work. I was thinking how cool it would be to stream a playthrough of Wolfenstein: The New Order and maybe some COD2 if there's time left. I've been on a World War 2 kick ever since I realized I can watch Band of Brothers ANY TIME I WANT* now.

*This is actually all the time.

(10-20-2014, 12:44 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Crap, I wish I knew about this sooner. I volunteered to pick up a Saturday shift at work. I was thinking how cool it would be to stream a playthrough of Wolfenstein: The New Order and maybe some COD2 if there's time left. I've been on a World War 2 kick ever since I realized I can watch Band of Brothers ANY TIME I WANT* now.

We try to keep things to an older cant (name of the channel/stream is Retro Run afterall) but twenty four hours is a LOT of time. Like... a lot. We ended up breaking down last year and playing some of the Payday2 Halloween event on stream and some spooky multiplayer game in the dead of night. It's the late hours that are the hardest, especially since we're usually passing the 18 hour mark at that point.

I'm anxious to talk about it because it's so effing soon. I drive up there Friday after work to set up the Command Center (re: living room). It's soon. So soon!

(10-20-2014, 12:48 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 12:44 PM)Dogberry Wrote: Crap, I wish I knew about this sooner. I volunteered to pick up a Saturday shift at work. I was thinking how cool it would be to stream a playthrough of Wolfenstein: The New Order and maybe some COD2 if there's time left. I've been on a World War 2 kick ever since I realized I can watch Band of Brothers ANY TIME I WANT* now.

We try to keep things to an older cant (name of the channel/stream is Retro Run afterall) but twenty four hours is a LOT of time. Like... a lot. We ended up breaking down last year and playing some of the Payday2 Halloween event on stream and some spooky multiplayer game in the dead of night. It's the late hours that are the hardest, especially since we're usually passing the 18 hour mark at that point.

I'm anxious to talk about it because it's so effing soon. I drive up there Friday after work to set up the Command Center (re: living room). It's soon. So soon!

Ah, I was thinking of my own channel in this instance. I've been working on getting my own streaming thing going once I have the time. But since I can't participate this year, I'll donate some money. This is an annual drive, right?

Edit: Oh, duh, I get it. You can do an extra life drive anytime, this is just the one you run. I thought it was like a day set aside for a mass drive of streamers, kind of like a massive 5K run, but for video games.

(10-20-2014, 12:55 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(10-20-2014, 12:48 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Ah, I was thinking of my own channel in this instance. I've been working on getting my own streaming thing going once I have the time. But since I can't participate this year, I'll donate some money. This is an annual drive, right?

Streaming is fun! I don't have the set-up for it myself most of the time but it's fun to interact with folks. Let me know if/when you get set up!

This is an annual thing. If you follow the #extralife hashtag you'll see a lot of dialogue on twitter. A LOT of people do this, and since it's a nation/worldwide thing it means there's basically people streaming goofy stuff for a long, long time. It's year 3 for us and we're hoping to break our goal this time, not just meet it (previous years were generous folks seeing how close we were at the end and making it rain ON THE CHILDRENDS because gamers, yo).

That's why we had the idea to just sort of sell blocks of time. Throw us some internetbucks? What do you want to see? We intend on sort of taking requests if anyone's got them, as long as they're within reason. So far all of the stuff we've done has been the kind of games we grew up with, treasured classics, overlooked goodies and sometimes the just exceedingly awful.

How 'bout some Bubble Bobble?! Loved that game!

(10-20-2014, 01:32 PM)Dogberry Wrote: How 'bout some Bubble Bobble?! Loved that game!

Anyone who says otherwise is a monster. We can probably work some Bubble Bobble in.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - Tiergan - 10-20-2014

I unfortunately have plans that day, but I hope it goes well!

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - Ha'uruh Nunh - 10-20-2014

I'll be watching in between MMOing for my own selfish, non-sick-kids-helping marathon, I'm sure.

RE: Extra Life 2014! 24 hours of PAIN! - ProvaDiServo - 10-20-2014

I'll pay them a visit for a lil while, my pals stream for extra life Is where I'll be most of the time.