Hydaelyn Role-Players
Minions and RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Minions and RP (/showthread.php?tid=8719)

Pages: 1 2

Minions and RP - Zaylin - 10-21-2014

I'm curious; How many people use Minions in RPs? I use the Mammet #001 in RPs on occasion, due to how my character's a goldsmith. And I was just wondering if others use them too.

RE: Minions and RP - TheWizard - 10-21-2014

My Garlean magitek engineer made a model vanguard and she sometimes has it follow her and my scholar has a wind-up succubus that he's going to find in Haukke Manor only to discover is being possessed by a lesser voidsent.

RE: Minions and RP - Marisa - 10-21-2014

Ryoko has a dog named Turalyon she takes everywhere with her. It's supposed to be a young Coerthan Husky, but the wolf pup suffices for now.

RE: Minions and RP - Sounsyy - 10-21-2014

My character doesn't really have a reason to use one as yet, but if I could I would. I happened across a really creative Lalafell character who's Mammet #001 actually sang really off-key (real world) pop culture references. I was thoroughly amused.

RE: Minions and RP - Bumo - 10-21-2014

Minions and mounts play a large part for one of my characters, as he's something of a pet collector.

RE: Minions and RP - Saefinn - 10-21-2014

I roleplay a Tonberry called Falfa. Like the Tonberry in the Scholar quest-line she isn't blinded by the curse. She plays a part in some of Saefinn's storyline, mainly with his exploration of Nymian ruins to find ancient treasures. Falfa has helped him navigate said ruins.

I mainly use her for comic reasons, she, like one of Saefinn's faeries, likes to berate him, but then Saefinn's faerie Asaviola is a bad influence on her. Because Saefinn is somewhat of an egotist and a drunk and a little on the eccentric side, it's not uncommon for folk to make fun of him...even his own damn crew.

However, Saefinn not so long ago was trying to convince Falfa to be our receptionist at our estate. Asaviola is also a big whiskey drinker - the Captain clearly not being an influence there.

As you can probably tell, I roleplay the faeries too. I even roleplay the Ifrit-egi, though Saefinn treats him like a walking barbecue, it's not often he gets to play a combat role, rather, Saefinn finds it more amusing to treat the essence of some primal deity like a chef.

RE: Minions and RP - Aaron - 10-21-2014

Aaron has a wolf pup named Fenrir. Stumbled across the pet when revisiting his home in La Noscea. 

Disclaimer - I called it Fenrir after what I call my real dog. Had no idea Fenrir was in 2.4. Oh well im not changing the name.

RE: Minions and RP - Edgar - 10-21-2014

I use the Wind-Up Shantotto as a placeholder for Ed's animated doll. It works, as the doll is considered IC to be a toy Lalafell.

RE: Minions and RP - Parvacake - 10-21-2014

Lili has a lot of little creatures at home that sometimes follow her out of the house. Lately it's been her goobue sproutling that followed her home or the mammet her kids gave her for her birthday a while back.

RE: Minions and RP - Cade - 10-21-2014

i pull out the pup on occasion, usually only when I'm fishing or crafting.   If anything it creates a nice opening for someone to make an introduction with. "Awr what a cute puppy!"

RE: Minions and RP - Aysun - 10-22-2014

The Bluebird has ended up IC for me! I squeed so much about it when I got it that my friend dropped story on me in RP so I could use it IC. Big Grin Her name is Kus.

RE: Minions and RP - Zaylin - 10-26-2014

Oh wow. I hardly see anyone use Minions in RPs except for Zana when she's working. Squirt (The said Mammet) brings her ore and whetstones to grind. And tools if they're not with in grabbing distance. 

:3 Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

RE: Minions and RP - Lady Rivienne - 10-26-2014

The wolf pup is actually an integral piece to Rivienne's backstory! I use him IC and even though he is supposed to be much older than a pup now, I still fit him in my roleplay.

Recently, a tapir has played a part IC, too.

RE: Minions and RP - CrookedTarot - 10-26-2014

Anyone that has met Tarot has likely met Moggie-Moglin, his moogle companion and 'brother'. Moggie has a habit of flirting with the ladies and getting drunk. He also is the founder and president of the Aya Foxheart Fan Club Ultima.

RE: Minions and RP - Lan Darklyn - 10-26-2014

Lan has a dog named Blitz who i use for all sorts of fun RP around the FC house. Blitz has a habit of stealing ladies under things and bringing them to Lan expecting a reward...Which of course makes people accuse Lan of teaching him to do that as some sort of perverted trick. It's gotten a lot of good laughs.