Hydaelyn Role-Players
London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) (/showthread.php?tid=8761)

Pages: 1 2 3

London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Parvacake - 10-25-2014

I just used my Skype notes since...well...*flail*

Watching the UK live stream: Flying mounts, mother fuckers. Flying Black chocobos!
SINGLE RIDER AIRSHIPS
All the areas in Heansward you can take off and land. Many of them are floating landmasses in the skies
Though flying is restricted to certain areas
Six flying mounts planned for 3.0, and whether it not it depends on 7 is on us. People are screaming for 7 or 8 mounts
Movements speeds increasing for mounts
One of the mounts is going to play an important role in the story, it has a cool design.
So cool they want to make it into a figurine for the collector's edition
Treasure chests, rare monsters, etc can be on the floating landmasses
TONS of new areas.
New beast tribes and primals featured in Heavensward. New beast tribe called Vanu Vanu are like owl people.
Bismarck is the primal they worship. Lives amongst the skies and clouds. Kinda looks like Sin from FF10.
You fight Bismarck on an airship where the rails are broken. Apparently you can fall off.
Second beast tribe: the Gnath. Hinted that they are not friendly, insect beast tribe.
Ravana is the name of their primal. King of the insects, multiple arms. Preying mantis like.
NEW JOB OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: DARK KNIGHT (like you didn't see that coming) Dark Knight will be a Tank. Main hand is Greatsword (two-handed). Many large weapons planned. No base class involved. You buy Heavensward, put in your code and -maybe- can be Dark Knight right at the beginning. Wields both weapon and the power of darkness. Battle posture is pretty cool (Yoshi demonstrated). Will be releasing videos and screenshots after more development is done. Magic using Tank. Just because the character can use darkness doesn't mean evil. Will be taking suggestions on the forums into suggestion
NEXT JOB IS...Will be revealed on December 20th in Tokyo. But Yoshi takes off his shirt and it's a 007 shirt. HEAVILY implies some kind of gunner. Starts humming 007 theme. Has to watch Tokyo stream when it comes up.

End of stream.

(I will be adding more notes and staying up to watch the stream. Stay tuned)

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Marisa - 10-25-2014

That left me feeling really empty. As somebody who despises both of the healing jobs but cannot stand playing anything other than a healer, I was really emotionally invested in this. Now... 2 more months? And that's *if* they announce a healer at Tokyo. The gunner is more likely a dps. Why you gotta do me like that, Yoshida? 

All of the landscape pictures looked cool though.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Parvacake - 10-25-2014

SCREEN CAPS FROM EVENT: http://imgur.com/a/frEwz#0

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Foxling - 10-25-2014

I still find some of the comments about people needing to stay as tank pretty funny. Almost everyone raised their hands for giving dark knight a try.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Stormwind - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 06:32 AM)Ryoko Wrote: That left me feeling really empty. As somebody who despises both of the healing jobs but cannot stand playing anything other than a healer, I was really emotionally invested in this. Now... 2 more months? And that's *if* they announce a healer at Tokyo. The gunner is more likely a dps. Why you gotta do me like that, Yoshida? 

All of the landscape pictures looked cool though.

Gunners could easily become some kind of healer. A ranged gunner class (Imperial Agent) was one of the healers in SWTOR (Operative), using a variety of gadgets and "healing bombs". I can certainly see a healer class much like alchemist that uses potions and such to heal their party.

Edit: In other news DRK HYPE! *flails until he can't flails no more and falls over*

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Marisa - 10-25-2014

(10-25-2014, 07:53 AM)undefined Wrote: Gunners could easily become some kind of healer. A ranged gunner class (Imperial Agent) was one of the healers in SWTOR (Operative), using a variety of gadgets and "healing bombs". I can certainly see a healer class much like alchemist that uses potions and such to heal their party.

Edit: In other news DRK HYPE! *flails until he can't flails no more and falls over*

Lol I actually played a healer operative in SWTOR. And while I'd have to do some ridiculous lore-workarounds to justify having a pistol while being an Ishgardian cleric, I'd love something similar to Imperial Operative. 

I think my saber/rapier healer dream might be dead though.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Maril - 10-25-2014

During the live Q/A someone asked about RP tags. The response was somewhere around this:
"We want to do it, but it depends on the hit to server load, we've got a lead UI guy who could work up a good icon if we do" 

Figured I'd add that here Smile

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Nyorai - 10-25-2014

Flying mounts make me incredibly nervous...

Other than that I'm happy to hear about the new tank class! Was just talking about it last night how's there's no great sword class so talk about good timing ^^

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Kellach Woods - 10-25-2014

DRK being tank is love.

Wait... 007 implied as gunner? I think more of a spy when I think of that...

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - TheLastCandle - 10-25-2014

Greatswords.

Finally. I'm so there.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - ProvaDiServo - 10-25-2014

Oooh no base requirements and large weapons? I am so there.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Foxling - 10-25-2014

I need to find a re-cap of the dev talks. I was unfortunately stuck in a line for the shop when the first one was going on.

I mean, i'm assuming that was live-streamed, for all I know it might not have been.

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Jana - 10-25-2014

>Tank class

ehhhhh I won't be able to play it endgame then. At least I'll have bigsordz for RP.

Hoping gunz won't be a healing class because then I'll probably never get it leveled to 60,, but they might be just because there isn't a new healing class yet ;-;

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Erik Mynhier - 10-25-2014

DRK.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is a tank?.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AIRSHIPS AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy... there's nothing in our way now....
[Image: final_fantasy_x_mp_by_ichigosoragoku87-d4d7pjn.jpg]

RE: London Fanfest Premium Stream Information (second hand notes) - Askier - 10-25-2014

I will sacrifice so many other people's first borns to Yoshi P IF HE Will make gunner a reality for me.

*Pulls out sacrifice knife*

Soooooooo many.