Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anime and your FFXIV Character - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Fun Prompts (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Thread: Anime and your FFXIV Character (/showthread.php?tid=8763)

Pages: 1 2

Anime and your FFXIV Character - Erik Mynhier - 10-25-2014

Straight to the point on this one. Pick one anime character that either was the basis for your character, was partly influential, or simply by chance resembles them. And after that, say your reasons.

Though not based on him at all, not consciously anyway, I found in overall look, attitude, and fighting style (from the shadows), Amon from Witch Hunter Robin seems to fit nicely. A good man who wishes to be.... but with that tasty darkness bubbling up when he needs it. (PS I would love to give him hair like that, but the long option the Highlanders have isn't quite right.)

*Needed a better vid.

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - CrookedTarot - 10-25-2014

This is tough since anime isn't as much my thing as it used to be--I'm not familiar with the more shonen action genre either (I prefer my Ouran High Schools and my Azumanga Daiohs).

On that note though, a large part of Tarot's thought processes are based of Kyouya Ohtori from Ouran High School Host Club. From his accounting and business acumen to his way of catergorizing folks and information about them for use later, Tarot is actually rather like the Vice President of the Host Club--he also tries to keep a cooler head hen business needs to be done and even does his best to keep CERTAIN people in the company he's involved in on the track to getting the job done.

I'd also like to add in Yuuko Ichihara from xxxHolic who is not only a businesswoman but also far more knowledgeable about the world, its secrets and people then most are--this is the type of thing Tarot prides himself on. Her business model of granting wishes is also very much like Tarot's.

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - C'kayah Polaali - 10-25-2014

I'm not a terribly big anime fan, and I certainly didn't model C'kayah after any anime characters that I'm familiar with, but if I'd have to choose someone, it would have to be Sanji from One Piece.

Show Content

Think about it. He's a criminal. A fantastic cook. Very suave. And he's a fool for the ladies.

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Gaspard - 10-25-2014

While I'm cringing while posting this, it 'is' very..appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQaKaQXZUM

Mostly because Lucan is into the Occult, Obsessed with Power and Survival, to the point he's willing to sacrifice his humanity, Obsessed with the Art of War and so on, yet still so self aware of it that he knows exactly what he's making himself out to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GbnMSGXEyE

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Parvacake - 10-25-2014

[Image: kasumi001.jpg]

Kasumi Tendo was the basis for Lili when I started her in this game. They even have the same speech patterns though Kasumi never loses her temper or gets angry. She's also a fantastic cook and family matriarch (also like Lili).

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Val - 10-25-2014

I suppose if I had to pick, Val would be a mix of Kanji and Mugen.

[youtube]ikl0T4Tge78[/youtube]

[youtube]ooIgotassVA[/youtube]

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Faye - 10-25-2014

[youtube]enY3sXZUwBI[/youtube]

Griffith from Berserk. Charming, white-haired, blue-eyed, dangerously ambitious leader.

(10-25-2014, 03:37 PM)Val Wrote: I suppose if I had to pick, Val would be a mix of Kanji and Mugen.
 So Val's a 'cub' is he? Thumbsup

Not but seriously, Tarot needs to meet Val now--there's about twenty ways Tarot wants to try and piss him off now.Evil

(10-25-2014, 03:56 PM)CrookedTarot Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 03:37 PM)Val Wrote: I suppose if I had to pick, Val would be a mix of Kanji and Mugen.

Not but seriously, Tarot needs to meet Val now--there's about twenty ways Tarot wants to try and piss him off now.Evil

It's pretty easy to do ;-;

(10-25-2014, 03:57 PM)Val Wrote:

Tarot's gonna make a list--but for every time he pisses off Val, he'll make him NOT angry twice over just so that he'll tolerate Tarot's prodding. Tarot LOVES picking at the easily riled--he believes their far more honest since they wear all their emotions out in the open.

(10-25-2014, 04:03 PM)CrookedTarot Wrote:
(10-25-2014, 03:57 PM)Val Wrote:

Tarot's gonna make a list--but for every time he pisses off Val, he'll make him NOT angry twice over just so that he'll tolerate Tarot's prodding. Tarot LOVES picking at the easily riled--he believes their far more honest since they wear all their emotions out in the open.

Yep! Val's a pretty honest guy. He cuts to the chase and likes to get things done Big Grin Though he enjoys poking fun at people, too. They could probably have a good time together!

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Jaliqai - 10-25-2014

I didn't really design Xheja with any anime characters in mind. But now that I think about it, she really gives me a Lust vibe from FMA / FMA:B. Personality-wise, they're both highly intelligent and manipulative. More concretely, they're not exactly 'human' and hard as hell to really kill.

Show Content

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Cliodhna Eoghan - 10-25-2014

I base Clio mostly off Faye Valentine, at least personality-wise.

Show Content

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Aya - 10-25-2014

I don't have an anime character inspiration for Aya, and I am at loss for one who resembles her (although I am sure there is one, the canon of anime is far reaching!)

RE: Anime and your FFXIV Character - Edgar - 10-25-2014

I'd have to say Ed's a lot like Okumura Yukio, what with his prodigal status, knowledge of demons/voidsent, and the shared "spiritual/magical" based wounds and focus on bizarre eyes in their character design.

The two of them are also known for berating their lessers, though, Yukio's rage is directed at his brother, whilst Edgar simply calls out the flaws in whoever happens to be acting stupid at the time. Edgar tends to be a lot more emotional and socially awkward, however, and I'm pretty sure outside of fanon Yukio is not LGBT/T. 

They do have a shared thing for firearms, though. Should Musketeer be added in the future, Ed will certainly be trained in it.

[Image: Okumura.Yukio.full.239703.jpg]

Dear SE,

Please make this outfit for the game.

Thank you.