Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Ul'dahn underworld - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Ul'dahn underworld (/showthread.php?tid=8954)

Ul'dahn underworld - Aduu Avagnar - 11-13-2014

Nako is meant to have connections with the Ul'dahn underworld, in an information gathery sense.  paying people to keep a watch for certain items, people, actions that sort of thing, and I've let this side of his RP slip for too long and I want to pick it up again, a such, I am trying to find people that fit that sort of thing here.

for a point of reference, think Sherlocks homeless network.

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Parvacake - 11-13-2014

My miqo'te Xelra could be one, if this is like a comparison to the homeless network. She's neutral in most ways and is a great listener. Even happened to find out juicy bits about a certain ex-Matriarch and who she's been staying with for the clan her sister has them allied with.

It's been a little while since I had a character that did intel, but it's been a lot of fun. She wouldn't mind doing it for others like Nako as long as her and her sister had something to gain from it.

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Hiro - 11-13-2014

I've been working on that part of Hiro's story as well for the last while, I've got a small network set up, but won't really know how long that'll last until we finish our current plot. That said, this sort of thing is geared well towards him, mutual information sharing could be arranged :3

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Aya - 11-13-2014

The Ul'dahn underworld is a wild and shifty place :-]

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Melkire - 11-13-2014

*glances shiftily at C'kayah and grumbles under his breath*

I've a network of respectable contacts, but have yet to break into Ul'dah's underworld for... reasons.

A Sherlock Holmes' Arab network is easy enough to work into RP, though, provided you're willing to NPC most of them. PCs would be preferable; hopefully there are a number of groups like Hiro's out there. Big Grin

Granted, there are some "respectable" people out there with underworld contacts Smile

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 02:29 PM)Aya Wrote: Granted, there are some "respectable" people out there with underworld contacts Smile

Evangeline has many contacts among the refugees and poor, given her work with them. She doesn't really have any contacts with the more 'criminal' aspects of the underworld, since she views them to be as bad as the criminals running ul'dah Cactuar

(11-13-2014, 02:31 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(11-13-2014, 02:29 PM)Aya Wrote: Granted, there are some "respectable" people out there with underworld contacts Smile

Evangeline has many contacts among the refugees and poor, given her work with them. She doesn't really have any contacts with the more 'criminal' aspects of the underworld, since she views them to be as bad as the criminals running ul'dah Cactuar
Ahem, I said "respectable" people. ^_~

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Hiro - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 02:07 PM)Melkire Wrote: *glances shiftily at C'kayah and grumbles under his breath*

I've a network of respectable contacts, but have yet to break into Ul'dah's underworld for... reasons.

A Sherlock Holmes' Arab network is easy enough to work into RP, though, provided you're willing to NPC most of them. PCs would be preferable; hopefully there are a number of groups like Hiro's out there. Big Grin

I've found two small groups in my IC search, though I know there are more. My focus is more of... a neutrality centric network. I'd love to be able to expand into something like a shadow network that gets really deep into the "spy games" of Eorzea. Those types of networks are difficult though with everyone sort of fractured in their own timelines and arcs.  The larger the groups the more meta knowledge as well.

If enough people are up for it though I'd love to get like characters together to sort of set up a founding circle for something more organized.

Perhaps like the bulletin board, we could set up an IC board for information gathers and high-impact rumours/dealings? In SWTOR several guilds set up an inter-faction bulletin called the "Board of Whispers". We could organize something like that here amongsts ourselves <3

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Parvacake - 11-13-2014

(11-13-2014, 03:39 PM)Hiro Wrote:
(11-13-2014, 02:07 PM)Melkire Wrote: *glances shiftily at C'kayah and grumbles under his breath*

I've found two small groups in my IC search, though I know there are more. My focus is more of... a neutrality centric network. I'd love to be able to expand into something like a shadow network that gets really deep into the "spy games" of Eorzea. Those types of networks are difficult though with everyone sort of fractured in their own timelines and arcs.  The larger the groups the more meta knowledge as well.

If enough people are up for it though I'd love to get like characters together to sort of set up a founding circle for something more organized.

Perhaps like the bulletin board, we could set up an IC board for information gathers and high-impact rumours/dealings? In SWTOR several guilds set up an inter-faction bulletin called the "Board of Whispers". We could organize something like that here amongsts ourselves <3
Always interested Smile My main has no need of that sort of thing since she doesn't normally have to try for people to come to her with information. She's lazy with it.

My alt, Xelra, however, is always looking for anything advantageous for her and her family!

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Moonlit - 11-13-2014

My character Arah Jinjhal has weaved herself through a few crowds in the Ul'dahn underworld working mostly in the intel trade. She might be of use as a contact. (: She has a few aliases to get in touch pending on what you're looking for.

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - C'kayah Polaali - 11-13-2014

I like the way the Ul'dahn underworld has developed. There isn't a monolithic underworld, just like in real life. Instead, you have a bunch of individuals and groups all playing in that same sandbox. Some of them are aware of one another, while others are not.

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Aduu Avagnar - 11-13-2014

Nako would of course be offering compensation for information as long as it fits the purpose of what he's after, and given his position and history, it isn't nescesarily monetary recompense. I'll be online most of tonight ICly if any of you want to have a chat broaching it?

RE: Ul'dahn underworld - Divisor - 11-13-2014

Aerius, I'd say, is pretty familiar with the "underworld", given that that's where almost all of his work is done and he's been here for a few years. He might not know many of you IC, but I'm always willing to change that. Big Grin

It looks like most of you handle intelligence gathering and information brokering, which Aerius also does here and there, but for the most part he handles theft and a lot of covert ops. He's also been known to handle some contraband dealings, but it's not exactly a trade of his.

I'd love to get involved with some of you guys if there's anything going on!