Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bloodsworn lore (poll added) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Bloodsworn lore (poll added) (/showthread.php?tid=9042)

Bloodsworn lore (poll added) - Seriphyn - 11-23-2014

So there is this...

We have 'Bloodsworn', an 'elite unit under the Flame General's direct command', but I can't find ANYTHING outside this chart that references them. Anyone have anything, from 1.0?

I'm wondering how RPable they might be. If folks think they are, what would you expect from them? I felt 'under Flame General's direct command' might be a bit dicey, but people RP Sultansworn and there's no issue there. It is tempting...

RE: Bloodsworn lore - Sounsyy - 11-23-2014

So I tried to send you another /tell after I had finally found this same chart. (Took me a while, I'm still kinda shellshocked from my trip) But, I honestly wasn't able to find anything else. I will make a more detailed search tomorrow when I've gotten some rest, but I can't say I expect to find much. Please look forward to it!

RE: Bloodsworn lore (poll added) - Seriphyn - 11-25-2014

I added a poll because I am an utter sheep who cannot make his own decisions. While I am enjoying the Syndicate angle, the decision to go this route was done to reconcile some IC/OOC meta-craziness a while back. Before, Kale was full-on Flame, and I enjoyed it a lot. A large part of the enjoyment was RPing as a regular, full-time member of a unit with other RPers to bounce off of. Not a "weekend warrior" as many seem to be (bluntly put).

So, I have two ideas...

Stick as a Syndicate soldier: My intention here is to portray the Syndicate as having followers who are honest people who just do their job; this is what Kale is, when he was a Flame as well. Being a protector of East Aldenard Trade Company routes is a good plot device justifying being anywhere in Eorzea; before, as a regular Flame, Kale would have no reason to go to other zones for the same reason you don't see Flame NPCs outside of Thanalan.

Return to the Flames as a Bloodsworn: There'll need to be some convincing plot development to justify a return and reconciliation, but otherwise, Kale would return to the Flames as a Bloodsworn. Why not just regular Flame like I had him before? Partly because I want the justification to go anywhere in Eorzea, which I've become used to. Helping out Adders/Maelstrom, whoever, etc, which a regular Flame probably wouldn't do. As people have seen of me, I intend for this to be a full-on thing, putting these thoughts into practice. Kale will be a Sergeant, so that he might have an invisible commanding officer NPC to justify x and y, and partly because Lieutenants are absolute nobodies, both in historical and contemporary armies.

I probably don't need paragraphs for each. In truth, I like exploring a different and somewhat unique angle. Flame RPers are common, even if consistency is lacking, and I secretly lament going for a more 'mainstream' RP route (yes, secret RP hipster). Difference being, is that rather than this being an afterthought, it would be central to Kale's RP.