Hydaelyn Role-Players
Gio Girogeo - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Gio Girogeo (/showthread.php?tid=905)

Gio Girogeo - Kikoro - 12-11-2010

RL Info:

RL Name: Alessandro (Alle)
RL Age: one foot in the grave
Timezone: GMT +1
RL Gender: M

--Why do you like to RP?

Well, first I was a thief/ranger. I know! And then, a dragoon/bard. And then, a bard/dragoon. See where I'm going with this? It was either role-playing, or going frothing mad while uselessly looking for party. And, and it kind of stuck.

Basic info

--Characters:

Gio Girogeo

Is a character introduction needed? I'll make up a quick one then.

Gio is a dunesfolk lalafell freshly arrived in Limsa Lominsa. His late grandfather was exiled from Ul'dah a long time ago, and they've been fishermen ever since. Grampa left him an old hat, plus a journal filled with strange maps, thaumaturgical formulas and coded messages.

Gio is inexperienced, easily distracted and insanely curious. With a gift for being hidden two feet to the left of the wrong place at the wrong time.

So, here we have him, young, pleasant yet cheeky, not entirely selfless, happy-go-lucky, a softie for homeless kids and pretty faces in trouble, quick of mind and feet and he keeps turning up like an old pair of socks. You know, the kind of roguish guy that might actually be a thief, if such a role existed in our society.

--Current primary linkshell:

None yet. Any advice?

RP Preferences:

--RP style (Casual, moderate, or heavy)?

Heavy, or maybe Moderate, I would not know which. I tend to stay IC most of the time, but I will respond to OOC questions with little trouble... I think immersion is essential but being cool about it is just as important.

--Are you willing to RP a fight scene in game? If so, preferred method of combat? (/randoming, skill based, etc)

A fight? Sure. Preferred method is running away, but I will occasionally let my opponent brutalize me. If the opponent insists that I should emerge victorious, me being just that awesome, then we can draw lots.

--Are you willing to take major injuries in game? (ie limb loss, comas, etc.)

I'll take anything, as long as it's not permanent. That includes coma (followed by a properly dramatic awakening scene), ink stains and extreme bloating. Partial dismemberment only in a dream sequence.

--Under what circumstances, if any, would you allow your character to be killed off?

No, not really, it's not a good kind of drama and it tends to ruin the fun. In fact I would not be fully okay with anybody else's character choosing to die, not just my own. If I ever leave the game, or make another character, you all are welcome to stage a murder mystery over my lifeless corpse... Otherwise, death is what redshirts are for.

--Are you willing to RP romance in game? How far are you willing to go?

Sure! And I love it, expecially when the participants can pull off convincing awkward or witty dialogue rather than, you know, the steamier kind of descriptions.

Like, real example, one of the people involved in a romantic encounter, he forgets to take the linkshell off, nobody has a clue and then his partner attacks the earlobe and suddenly everyone in attendance is hearing really loud slurping licking and sucking noises and we're all yelling like "FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS! THE PAIN! STOP IT!" and also "Hey man is that your wife we're hearing?" Heh. Goofy times.

Speaking in general I find the raw mechanics of the act better left off-screen.

--What kind of non-romantic RP relationships are you seeking? (family ties, etc)

Family, friends, classmates, rivals, colleagues, job offers, my name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die, the more the merrier. I can play a decent minion but my evil laughter needs work.

--How far from the actual lore are you willing to stray?

Personally, I will not stray at all, and will always abide by corrections if I inadvertently do. I usually never mind those who stray a little... But there should be reasonable lines not to be crossed. My one pet peeve is role-playing vampires. Greek gods a close second.

But in the end, it's not just any single idea that is problematic... Rather the ease with which the little exceptions pile up, until we can't recognize Eorzea as a common setting anymore, and we're stuck playing in tiny separate personal worlds.

--Views on chat functions (IC vs OOC in /party, /linkshell, /say)?

I could never type properly during real-time combat. In parties, all I have to give is either a macro like "Take this you meanie! Fuidama!" or a comment after the action. I have no other opinions about how a group of players decides to handle the chats... Anything that works is fine.

--Will most of your RP be confined in a single linkshell or will you try to RP with as many as possible?

Honestly, so far I had no idea I could keep more than one linkshell at a time. I'm that new. I wonder how it works, you know, mechanically. But the more RP I can follow, the happier I will be.

--How do you prefer to be contacted? (PM or post in this thread)

No preference. PM or post, either is fine.