Hydaelyn Role-Players
AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! (/showthread.php?tid=915)

AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Sterne - 12-18-2010

[Image: TAW.jpg]

OOC Information:

Auditions will be judged solely on your role-playing and ability to balance and time emotes properly. The auditions will all be held on stage in Mih Khetto's Amphitheater, which is located in Gridania at (5,1). Once auditions are complete, this post will be updated, the flyer taken down, and a list of the actors and actresses will be take its place. That will stay posted until a date has been set mid-way through rehearsals. So stay in touch and keep an eye open for updates!

FAQ:
Q. What roles are available?

A.
Show Content

Q. How do I sign up for an appointment only audition?

A. Quite simple, actually. Show Alona how much you love her! ... Just kidding. Just contact Alona Rhys and tell her you'd like to make an appointment. She'll pencil you in and you BETTER show up or things won't be pretty.

Q. What should I bring or prepare?

A. Nothing! Just wear your best outfit and put your best foot forward! Scripts will be provided and you will have to act it out on stage.

Q. If I don't want to be a player... can I be a judge?

A. Absolutely! Just realize you will have to attend all of the auditions like a good little judge. As a judge, your absence from the auditions will not be tolerated! If you can live with that, contact either Alona Rhys or Sterne Evans for information on how to participate as a judge. You will be compensated for your time.

Q. What if I just want to heckle....

A. Then we will hate you forever.

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Spartle - 12-18-2010

Sterne Wrote:

*hides the tomatoes* Aw..
I don't think any of my characters will be audition buuuut.. I will go see it~! Will there be bromance?

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Alona - 12-18-2010

Spartle Wrote:
Sterne Wrote:

I don't think any of my characters will be audition buuuut.. I will go see it~! Will there be bromance?

Of course!

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Dakki - 12-19-2010

Alona Wrote:
Spartle Wrote:
Sterne Wrote:

Of course!

And I'm MISSING this!? Cry Well, yet again, good luck. Big Grin
(Could swear I posted before.. If you deleted, EVIL!!)

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Seraphine Felstar - 12-19-2010

Are you kidding? - I think Romeo had a total bromance with Mercutio. That's the real reason he was so eager to get vengeance.

I'd love to lend a hand but I'll have to see what the shared computer situation looks like Rolleyes I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Alona - 12-19-2010

Dakki Wrote:And I'm MISSING this!? Cry Well, yet again, good luck. Big Grin

Well, the Auditions are after Christmas so maybe you won't miss it?

(Me, delete? I don't even know the meaning of the word!!)

Seraphine Wrote:Are you kidding? - I think Romeo had a total bromance with Mercutio. That's the real reason he was so eager to get vengeance.

I'd love to lend a hand but I'll have to see what the shared computer situation looks like Rolleyes I'll let you know as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Dakki - 12-19-2010

Alona Wrote:
Dakki Wrote:And I'm MISSING this!? Cry Well, yet again, good luck. Big Grin

Well, the Auditions are after Christmas so maybe you won't miss it?

(Me, delete? I don't even know the meaning of the word!!)

Seraphine Wrote:Are you kidding? - I think Romeo had a total bromance with Mercutio. That's the real reason he was so eager to get vengeance.

I look forward to hearing from you!

*Magic labcoat appears* "Good news, everyone!"

.. Professor Farnsworth moment over. Likelihood is I'll just watch till I truly get to grips with the FFXIV RP world. ;D

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Alona - 01-09-2011

My deepest apologies to those who wanted to audition today! I was feeling really sick earlier and I couldn't make it to my computer.

If you still wanted to audition just let me know OOCly and we'll figure out an IC way to make it happen. So far we have 10 actors/actresses it'd be nice if we had twice that.

But if I have to do it with just 10 so be it.

Anyone interested in backstage work please contact me.

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Alona - 01-19-2011

The official IC Cast List will be finalized after the meetings on Thursday. Along with rehearsal times and an estimated first performance date.

Romeo - Dobben
A love sick silly Roegadyn who only wants to find true love despite his friends’ prodding to go and work on his career.

Julio - Miname
A spunky Lalafell pirate who’s heart is won over after hearing the talented Romeo sing. Due to his rough personality he’ll need all the help he can get from his crew to woo the clueless Romeo.

Rosaline -€“ Xenedra
This spunky Miqo’te is trying to make it big from her humble countryside origins, after dozens of failed past attempts will she make it this time?

Friar Lawerence - Obei
The weak and impressionable new lead to the crew, his relationship with Romeo is a confusing one.

The Second Mate - Kneria
A spunky judgemental Second mate hell bent on keeping Julio on his quest of being the best Pirate.

The Chorus - Mho
A mysterious homeless woman who makes frighteningly accurate predictions.

The Apothocary -€“ Corbin
A hard working, long-winded man, looking to make an easy gil off anyone.

The Crew - Rjain, Razeyama, Nanami
A motley crew of Miqo’te looking for treasure.
The Cast - Chiya, Rhio, Syo
The cast for the upcoming musical

This information is OOC knowledge, I will be letting people know IC today and Thursday.

Please note we will be having an IC run through for an hour on Thursday, there will be a morning time and an evening time.

10AM PST
8PM PST

I am still in dire need of help when it comes to behind the stage stuff. So if you have some time please contact me.

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Alona - 02-02-2011

((To all the Participants in the Play, this is a letter Alona had mailed out.))

Dear Actor/Actress,

The following is the rehearsal schedule for the play. Every week not including this one you will be required to attend three of five rehearsals. Based on how rehearsals go this week will depend on when we will plan on having the Opening Night for the play.

Dates and Times

Friday -- Feburary 4th at 2pm ((PST))
Saturday -- Feburary 5th at 11pm ((PST))

Sunday -- Feburary 6th at 6pm ((PST))
Monday -- Feburary 7th at 11pm ((PST))
Tuesday -- Feburary 8th at 8am ((PST))
Wednesday -- Feburary 9th at 3pm ((PST))
Thursday -- Feburary 10th at 10am ((PST))

Rehearsals should only be for an hour unless you need more help. The Rehearsals this week will be to go over which scenes your character will be appearing in during the play, finalizing costumes and props, and giving scene break downs so everyone will be prepared to do scene work the following week from the 6th-10th.

Thank you for your time and dedication to this project,

Alona Rhys
Director of the theatric piece, 'Romeo and Julio'

((Make sure to attend THREE of the FIVE Rehearsals on the second week. IF you can attend either of the times for this week make sure to contact Alona IC and let her know so she can give you the information you need. She and I will be VERY upset if you fail to contact us!))

Re: AUDITIONS: Romeo and Julio! - Alona - 02-11-2011

((NEW OOC INFORMATION YOU CAN EASILY FIND OUT IC))
We need some more actors and actresses. If you are a kitty you MIGHT not get a role though. I need other races. Cry Lalafell and Roegadyns.