Hydaelyn Role-Players
Atma Lore Help - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Atma Lore Help (/showthread.php?tid=9290)

Atma Lore Help - Deisatus - 12-15-2014

Not sure where to put this, but I'm having trouble finding some good information on atma lore for RP research (I kinda skimmed the quest at the time). I do know they're some kind of rare bit of monster souls that crystallizes, at least I think that's what the gist of it was?

Any story information is appreciated! Every time I try to look it up I just keep getting information on how to obtain them... not exactly what I want. lol

RE: Atma Lore Help - Gegenji - 12-15-2014

... Huh, you know, I never really paid much mind to it. I was just upset because when I think Atma, I think of this guy:

[Image: AtmaWeaponArt.jpg]

All I can recall from the slog of getting them (before the upped drop rate, mind you) was that they used the Earth zodiac instead of whatever constellations are in Eorzea, which was odd (Crab being Cancer, Scales being Libra, etc.). I more or less attributed it to the fact that the same zodiac was used in FFT, but now I'm wondering if there's something deeper there.

... Still miss Atma Weapon, though. He was neat-looking.

EDIT: You're right there's very little information, though. Most folks seem to be just trying to get through it to the next step in the Zodiac Weapon story. All I can really find is the quest log stuff, and even then it doesn't specify where the crystals come from. Just that they ARE crystals.

Quote:Hailing from the Near Eastern city-state of Radz-at-Han, Jalzahn reveals himself to be none other than the genius mind behind Thavnairian mist, the elixir which you used to enhance your relic. According to the alchemist, your weapon can be raised to new heights of power through the use of crystalline objects he calls atma. Twelve unique pieces are required, and these can be obtained by participating in FATEs which occur in the following regions-- *snip*

RE: Atma Lore Help - Kage - 12-15-2014

Here's the quest and you can read the dialogue here~ http://xivdb.com/?quest/66971/Up-in-Arms

Quote:#18 Jalzahn
Now, I trust you are aware that aether permeates all things in our world. What you may not know, however, is that aether is found in greater concentrations in Eorzea than elsewhere.

#19 Jalzahn
When a weapon infused with a quasi-soul such as your relic is used to slay a living being in this aether-rich land, a peculiar phenomenon occurs.

#20 Jalzahn
The aether released by the fallen creature resonates with your weapon, and agglomerates into a crystal which I have dubbed “atma.” It must be noted that this occurs only on rare occasions, due to factors I have yet to identify.

#21 Jalzahn
Now, as you may have already gathered, atma is essentially the crystallized soul of a living being. And these crystals hold the key to strengthening your weapon.

#22 Jalzahn
According to my research, twelve unique pieces of atma are required, meaning they must be acquired from twelve different foes. See the deed done, adventurer, and you shall hold in your hands such power as you have never known!

RE: Atma Lore Help - Deisatus - 12-15-2014

Thanks so far for the responses! It clears up a lot of things for me.

RE: Atma Lore Help - Seriphyn - 12-16-2014

(12-15-2014, 05:12 PM)Kage Wrote: Here's the quest and you can read the dialogue here~ http://xivdb.com/?quest/66971/Up-in-Arms

Now, I trust you are aware that aether permeates all things in our world. What you may not know, however, is that aether is found in greater concentrations in Eorzea than elsewhere.

#19 Jalzahn
When a weapon infused with a quasi-soul such as your relic is used to slay a living being in this aether-rich land, a peculiar phenomenon occurs.

#20 Jalzahn
The aether released by the fallen creature resonates with your weapon, and agglomerates into a crystal which I have dubbed “atma.” It must be noted that this occurs only on rare occasions, due to factors I have yet to identify.

#21 Jalzahn
Now, as you may have already gathered, atma is essentially the crystallized soul of a living being. And these crystals hold the key to strengthening your weapon.

#22 Jalzahn
According to my research, twelve unique pieces of atma are required, meaning they must be acquired from twelve different foes. See the deed done, adventurer, and you shall hold in your hands such power as you have never known!

You're telling me you can find quest dialogue on that site....

RE: Atma Lore Help - Ashren Dotharl - 12-16-2014

(12-16-2014, 04:06 PM)Seriphyn Wrote:
(12-15-2014, 05:12 PM)Kage Wrote: Here's the quest and you can read the dialogue here~ http://xivdb.com/?quest/66971/Up-in-Arms

#19 Jalzahn

#20 Jalzahn

#21 Jalzahn

#22 Jalzahn

You're telling me you can find quest dialogue on that site....
If you search for the quest, then scroll down a little you'll see three tabs; Information, Dialogue, and Journal. This has the quest log text, and the actual dialogue from receiving the quest in it.

RE: Atma Lore Help - Kage - 12-16-2014

Under the dialogue tab.

I've utilized this site more than I can count on "lore" things.

What happened in paladin quest? >xivdb.
What was said? >xivdb

RE: Atma Lore Help - Gegenji - 12-16-2014

I need to remember this site more often for such things. I tend to just Google it and it usually gives that other website that only has the journal notes, if that.