Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 09-01-2015

It sucks being the PUG/MNK tank but it's better than not moving at all.

Well, until you're grumpy, tired and hurting. I once decided to just take the penalty and log off because no matter what I said or did the MRD never listened to me. Never took hate off the heals. Never took hate period. I decided to cut my losses and sleep.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 09-01-2015

And it's just as "fun" when you're healing and the tank decides he doesn't want to bother pulling off the adds that spawned and aggroed onto you. Case in point, I was in a Dusk Vigil yesterday where ONLY the SMN decided it might be nice to pay any attentions to the numerous zombie adds that spawn during the second boss. After noticing he was the only one actually trying to kill them, he figured we were "burning the boss" (as a group of two level 52 and two 51s, me and the tank in that latter bracket) and stopped DPSing them too.

Which left me as a level 51 AST tanking ALL THE ZOMBIE ADDS. It is a twisted point of pride that I managed to keep myself up until just moments before the boss died. The SMN apologized, the rest of the group remained silent, I commended the SMN for being a decent human being... and I received only commendation in return, likely from aforementioned SMN.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 09-01-2015

I still don't get the blue flame guildhest. The one with Bubos?

The adds spawn the blue flame so I've been told to ignore theadds and just get aggro and burn boss. Then you kill the adds. But I had onE case when I AST healed and the tank didn't take aggro so I was healtank. Not... so fun.

People are also ignoring the more than a feeler morbol guildhest and it's always been ninjas. Everyone else does the killing of the orb things except for some separate duties and each time it was a ninja.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - MilanaMina - 09-01-2015

Im a healer, tank . . bby, I know there's supposed to be some predetermined sexual tension between us but fyi, if you constantly move away from me, I can't heal.

You know that part at the end of the first boss of the Vault where you go up the stairs down a hall and guys come out of the sides of the dungeon at you. Dont keep running and be tanking 20 mobs, my heals aren't THAT good.

And all you dragoons at lvl 60 limit breaking every time it's available, I know who you are, and for shame.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:26 AM)MilanaMina Wrote: Im a healer, tank . . bby, I know there's supposed to be some predetermined sexual tension between us but fyi, if you constantly move away from me, I can't heal.

I would also like to extend the same comment to all the casters and ranged types out there. I sure love having to choose between catching the tank in my AoE heals (or AoE card buffs with AST) or the DPS that decides the best place to be is on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ARENA.

By the way, Ranged DPS? I'll probably choose the tank over you. Bring your ass in some if you want the love.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - MilanaMina - 09-01-2015

(09-01-2015, 09:29 AM)Gegenji Wrote: I would also like to extend the same comment to all the casters and ranged types out there. I sure love having to choose between catching the tank in my AoE heals (or AoE card buffs with AST) or the DPS that decides the best place to be is on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ARENA.

By the way, Ranged DPS? I'll probably choose the tank over you. Bring your ass in some if you want the love.

As ranged dps, I just like standing next to the healer like: "Hey how ya doin. If you need to heal me I'm right here."

Going on another tangent, when you pull hate away from the tank, the smartest thing to do, is run to the tank, so he or she doesn't have to run all the way through the group to go pick them up.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 09-01-2015

I love when people try to shame you into playing a different class so they can feel more special maining it.

Like dude I have to slow down my dps because I'm ripping aggro from you WHILE you're in grit and I just have DS up. And at least both my WAR and PLD aren't under level 2. Yet you got the nerve to try and persuade me to go be a dps or a PLD for easier tanking because you're a pro.

t-_-t you mate.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Laike - 09-01-2015

Kind of a different PUG qualm last night.

I am low level, going through low level dungeons. Sometimes, DPS in level 60 gear get in and start pulling quickly, killing things. Generally wrecking the place.

Soooo many times the heals FREAK OUT. And tell him to let tank pull. And I get it, in a realistic world, that's right.

But he's in 60 gear.. wrecking a low level dungeon. He's probably been thrown here because of roulette. and honestly probably ran this dungeon hundreds of times.

It's not a big deal. I, as the tank couldn't care less because I know it will go fast. If we were in /any/ danger of actually dying?  Sure.. let me pull. But if we are wrecking face in the first dungeon? Just let it go.

It's not that big of a deal.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 09-03-2015

I got yelled at for not using tank LB on Bismarck HM when we failed to kill both of the adds leading into Beach Blast.

You know, the attack that does 100k to tanks if you fail the DPS check.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Berrod Armstrong - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 11:05 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I got yelled at for not using tank LB on Bismarck HM when we failed to kill both of the adds leading into Beach Blast.

Lol.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 11:05 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: I got yelled at for not using tank LB on Bismarck HM when we failed to kill both of the adds leading into Beach Blast.

lol ... /cry

I had one group LB1 one of the snake adds before Beach Blast. They didn't LB the second cornea whatever thing so we had to do one more adds thing so i just stayed put with the wonderful adds while they hit it for 1 second.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ehzo'ir Tyaka - 09-03-2015

So I have been soloing through the MSG on my tank character and made to Hauke Manor. Now, this is the first time that I have ever done it, so I figure I will take a break and RP, then get to it (this will become important later). 

White mage healer, Dragoon and Machinist as DPS. Healer, without waiting for anyone else, goes running down the first hall. I take off after him, figuring I can provoke if needed, and can flash to keep aggro. 

Healer... does not heal. Healer instead is throwing off Stone II like it is going out of style, and ignoring the fact that I am tanking. To top it off, other DPS is not even bothering to look at the aggro thing, so I am losing aggro left and right. 

I die a couple of times, but we make progress through the thing. Bosses are no trouble, but trash mobs keep taking us out. At one point I accidentally pull two groups, and die again. I run back to the basement area that I died in, and things continue from there.

We beat the second to last boss and I turn to run back to the entrance. Healer doesn't stay with the group and instead returns to the entrance with Return, and proceeds up the stairs to fight the eye. I finally get up there, we do the rest of the dungeon and I leave, having been slightly frustrated the whole time...

And then... 

I go back to RP. I go to switch out my fighting sword for my RP sword and...

I was using my RP sword. The whole time. Level 15 sword at a level 30 dungeon.

Frustrated 

Needless to say, I felt like an idiot.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Glacirus - 09-05-2015

I've had a particularly bad group as I've been leveling Otgiva's pugilist class.

Entered Toto-Rak on roulette. Started on a sour note as the tank died on the first Munty Plant trash mob. Stood in the Cone AoE and died. He apologized and said he was still fairly new.

He was not the issue...

After that death, the healer insists on running ahead, pulling extra mobs, and has me be Pugilist Tank when the tank goes afk for a few seconds, all the while doing a piss poor job healing us. This culminates at the final boss. I hop past the line and start the cutscene. I've seen it dozens of times so I skip. Healer has skipped as well, but the tank and arcanist have not. Healer jumps off the cliff and initiates the fight. I jump in to keep the idiot alive, praying that tank and arcanist skip the scene before the area seals. Arcanist jumps in. Area Sealed. No tank. Healer claims he forgot that the boss pulls and initiates when you jump down, really I think he's got patience the size of his Lala character, but I shrug it off. Round two! Tank is with us this time, things go well until phase 2, when the tail is exposed and he starts the giant pools of poison. No one attacks the tail so I assume we're just gonna try and burn the boss (I've seen it done on my healer *shrug*). Not the case here, just bad communication. So I swap targets to tail but too little too late, we wipe. Try 3! Tank takes an unfortunate Flesh Pod (the poison explosives) and dies, we wipe. The impatient healer goes "I don't know about this group. Good luck." and leaves.

We got a Scholar replacement, and cleared with no issue the 4th time, but I want to pause on the tank's death to a Flesh Pod. I main healer. Glacir was leveled as a Scholar from 30-50, and I just got him to 50 as Astrologian as well. I've run this dungeon numerous times. I've run it with Physic as my only healing spell! I've never had people die to Flesh Pods in that fight. Never. Maybe it's because I focus on healing and don't contribute as much DPS as I probably could. Maybe it was the fairy covering an extra target. But my point is: this healer could have easily prevented the tank's death. But instead he appeared to have prioritized being 3rd DPS on the adds and neglected his main role.

TL;DR - Impatient healer wanted fast clear and quit on us when the admittedly new tank got killed by something he could have prevented if he had actually been healing.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 09-05-2015

Well it would've done 15% LESS DAMAGE IF YOU JUST LIMIT BREAKED like he said ugh!

/PARTYKICKS