Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Noirelle - 12-13-2015

The Void Ark final boss. I swear to god it's as rude as some of the other bosses I decide to LB.

>So I hijack Kurt, get him his weekly Void Ark drop.

>Drg boots after the mother of all obscenities so far.

>Yay das cool.

>So we go onto the final boss, everything is smooth AF. 

>Pushover.jpeg

>Tooeasy.png

>LB3ready.com

>Use that Duragon Songgu Daibu

>Echidna goes lolnope and jumps up to do the out of arena aoe sickle attack.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 12-14-2015

- People not waiting for the party to be ready before engaging anything. Especially tanks that want to rush dungeons and mass aggro everything, not even checking if the heal is following. Then blaming the heal when LoS is lost, or just not ready.

- DPS in no-brain mode entering extreme instances like if it was going to be a cruise, and refusing to play by the mechanics, leading to successive wipes (What's a mechanic? Certainly not just a heal/tank obscure gimmick... In any case a mechanic sure can fix your car, but not your party...). Or more generally, people coming into extreme modes and somehow thinking that they should win it at the first few trials...

- Tanks playing the spoilt brats because they have instant queue access due to the sheer lack of them, then leaving at the smallest inconvenience.

- Being bullied by a group of players when I ran that 2.5 ascian trial with a tank buster ability... Starting the fight with snarky remarks like "ogod we gonna lose, new players here", "we should just abandon". Actually managing the fight fine, but people dying due to bad AoE dodging, and tanks dying to the tank buster. Calling me out for not even being able to manage a tank buster, that I am the worst heal they ever saw, that I should spare the raiding community from my presence... When we still managed to win on the first run, and when the tank actually never bothered to even pop his cooldowns. Did that MMO bad walking cliché actually thought I was not watching, or too green to notice? But what annoyed me the most here were the people trying to defend me. I'm grateful they tried of course, but the only answer they gave was "Let it be, it's a new player! You are all horrible!".. Which was acknowledging that I did something wrong, which I didn't...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 12-15-2015

Since this got revived, I might as well make use of it!

Had a Bad Tank day today. Not in that I was a tank and got bads, but I got some pretty questionable tanks while going through my roulettes. I'm on DRG now that I have the tanks and healers all at 60, so I get to enjoy those wonderfully lengthy DPS queues, but I don't have to worry as much about things once I'm in like I would as a tank or healer.

Or so I thought.

Got Toto-Rak as my leveling dungeon. Already a pain because it's one of the dungeons I don't much care for (then again, I'm mostly just hoping for the the 40+ dungeons - preferably the HW ones I have access to - for the most XP... but that's me being greedy), but it gets worse because the moment the tank loads in and sees what it is... he abandons the group. So we're got an Archer, a Scholar, and me.

So yeah. We three-manned it with me pseudo-tanking as best I can. Wasn't too bad with bosses and pulls of only two mobs or so. Got to do a lot of running around with the three-mob groups just because I had no AoE capability at all at that level. Still, we managed and I get double-commended for the effort.

Well, I was close to 52, so I decided to bite the bullet and do the Level 50 Dungeon roulette. Get Pharos! Nice, this'll be quick and fast!

... Nope. Get a tank whose moveset apparently consisted ONLY of Flash and Shield Lob. And he was using the latter more than the former. So we had mobs running free to poke the rest of the party. And his solution was to... stand in place and lob shields until they came over or died. He also interrupted my disarming of one of the pipes which I had approached from the side by running face-first into the spawned cloud and then trying to do it himself. Wee.

But the best was on Siren herself. He runs in, shield lobs... and stands there. Like, doesn't move in to cement more aggro. But just stays in place at the entrance of the arena spamming shield lobs. I, like an idiot, assumed he was actually going to run in and grab aggro. So I Spineshatter Dived in and was starting up my basic rotation.

And end up tanking the thing for a while doing that because the tank doesn't want to come over and do his enmity rotation. Even better is that the healer wasn't topping off charmed targets... so I nearly killed the tank myself when I got charmed. But when it was all said and done? The tank's reasoning for Shield Lob comprising what I'm assuming is 75% of his actions done in the run?

"My shield lob's mad gangsta."

Sigh.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - GhostlyMaiden - 12-15-2015

It seems most of my bad runs either come from Void Ark or Alexander.

-I have been leveling Astrologian for about 2 months now. It's my first healer class (unless you count 34 levels in CNJ)
  • In a Brayflox run, my character module got stuck. It would not move. My controller was fine, still alive and working. 
  • I told the group that I wasn't ready, that I could not move. Tank pulls anyway. Keep in mind that I wasn't even in the boss room.
  • Once I am finally able to move, I sprint my way hoping I can make it. I'm locked out.
  • I'm full of salt, and start acting very passive aggressive about it. "It's a shame that we'll have to run through the boss again" and "If only there was a SMN, maybe you would be able to live"
  • The tank blames me, so I continue to be passive aggressive.
  • From then onward, the tank actually made sure I was there.
I have more stories, but I can't remember them on the top of my head. I'll be sure to share more once I remember them.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 12-15-2015

Wiped and disbanded a Bismarck trial roulette yesterday because IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2015 AND 11/12THS, we couldn't kill the sanuwa adds.

Without a new person bonus.

I and a bard managed to get one of them down to 30% before the two dragoons and a summoner killed the other, and I think the bard was just DoTing mine.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Swashbuckler - 12-15-2015

Hi. Tank? Yeah, you there MT'ing Living Liquid in A3.

For the love of god, please turn the boss away from us when it's not in the Master Hand form. You killed myself and a healer. You boasted about having been in here a million times and yet you keep getting people killed.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - azahana - 12-16-2015

Ice Mages that flare at max mp into ice and more ice and ice. Occasionally lightning followed by a hailstorm of more ice. Maybe a flare at max mp again.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 12-16-2015

(12-15-2015, 12:08 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Since this got revived, I might as well make use of it!

Had a Bad Tank day today. Not in that I was a tank and got bads, but I got some pretty questionable tanks while going through my roulettes. I'm on DRG now that I have the tanks and healers all at 60, so I get to enjoy those wonderfully lengthy DPS queues, but I don't have to worry as much about things once I'm in like I would as a tank or healer.

Or so I thought.

Got Toto-Rak as my leveling dungeon. Already a pain because it's one of the dungeons I don't much care for (then again, I'm mostly just hoping for the the 40+ dungeons - preferably the HW ones I have access to - for the most XP... but that's me being greedy), but it gets worse because the moment the tank loads in and sees what it is... he abandons the group. So we're got an Archer, a Scholar, and me.

So yeah. We three-manned it with me pseudo-tanking as best I can. Wasn't too bad with bosses and pulls of only two mobs or so. Got to do a lot of running around with the three-mob groups just because I had no AoE capability at all at that level. Still, we managed and I get double-commended for the effort.

Well, I was close to 52, so I decided to bite the bullet and do the Level 50 Dungeon roulette. Get Pharos! Nice, this'll be quick and fast!

... Nope. Get a tank whose moveset apparently consisted ONLY of Flash and Shield Lob. And he was using the latter more than the former. So we had mobs running free to poke the rest of the party. And his solution was to... stand in place and lob shields until they came over or died. He also interrupted my disarming of one of the pipes which I had approached from the side by running face-first into the spawned cloud and then trying to do it himself. Wee.

But the best was on Siren herself. He runs in, shield lobs... and stands there. Like, doesn't move in to cement more aggro. But just stays in place at the entrance of the arena spamming shield lobs. I, like an idiot, assumed he was actually going to run in and grab aggro. So I Spineshatter Dived in and was starting up my basic rotation.

And end up tanking the thing for a while doing that because the tank doesn't want to come over and do his enmity rotation. Even better is that the healer wasn't topping off charmed targets... so I nearly killed the tank myself when I got charmed. But when it was all said and done? The tank's reasoning for Shield Lob comprising what I'm assuming is 75% of his actions done in the run?

"My shield lob's mad gangsta."

Sigh.
. . . . Savagery

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - mongi291 - 12-16-2015

So, this time I am not gonna talk about other bad players, I'm gonna talk about me, because sometimes I can be just as bad.
I had never leveled a DPS (or a healer, for that matter) to 50+, so getting MCH to 60 was an interesting experience. I got it to 60 a few days ago, and thinking I would never be able to... well, get good at it, I had all the cross-classes except for Quelling Strikes. So, I go into Pharos Sirius, with my crappy gear, consisting of a mix of i180 (weapon), i185 (left side) and i190 (right side) gear. 
I start every boss fight with every buff on, doing a 6.5k-ish Wildfire (can someone tell me if that's at least decent for my ilvl? :V), and... oops. Boss glued to me for a good half of the fight.
And the tank had a i200 weapon. And she was from my FC, so I knew she didn't screw up.
TL;DR: If you can get Quelling Strikes... GET IT.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parth Makeo - 12-22-2015

Did a random dungeon to tank.

Told the group of my Ilevel and to give me time to get aggro (I was one level above min for it)

Had a dragoon decked out in full 200 gear.

Dragoon dies on every single boss each time including the last.

Wiped once on the last boss and killed him second go.

tell me "Tank is shit" and leaves.
---
I could tell many other stories but even though in WoW there are pug horror stories, I've always been that guy who usually just ignores them since i know most of the community is selfish...but in FF14 i just don't get it...

Elitist seem to have this feeling of being superior when they die to easy to dodge mechanics and still have the balls to call the tank (WHO BTW TOOK NEARLY NOTHING IN DAMAGE LOL!) shit for going through the whole thing. Even the other two with me were like "wow...what a dick..."

This is one of possibly 50 times I always avoid PVE in this game. Treat your tanks with respect people, no matter how undergeared they are...One day they might LET YOU DIE if you pull aggro off and complain that the tank can't hold aggo...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - azahana - 12-22-2015

(12-22-2015, 06:26 PM)Parth Makeo Wrote: Did a random dungeon to tank.

Told the group of my Ilevel and to give me time to get aggro (I was one level above min for it)

Had a dragoon decked out in full 200 gear.

Dragoon dies on every single boss each time including the last.

Wiped once on the last boss and killed him second go.

tell me "Tank is shit" and leaves.
---
I could tell many other stories but even though in WoW there are pug horror stories, I've always been that guy who usually just ignores them since i know most of the community is selfish...but in FF14 i just don't get it...

Elitist seem to have this feeling of being superior when they die to easy to dodge mechanics and still have the balls to call the tank (WHO BTW TOOK NEARLY NOTHING IN DAMAGE LOL!) shit for going through the whole thing. Even the other two with me were like "wow...what a dick..."

This is one of possibly 50 times I always avoid PVE in this game. Treat your tanks with respect people, no matter how undergeared they are...One day they might LET YOU DIE if you pull aggro off and complain that the tank can't hold aggo...

I don't know... seems like the dragoon did pretty well tanking the floor.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kou - 12-25-2015

I'm more than a little miffed with the idea that a vast majority of housing plots now belong to players, rather than FCs.
I'm pissed that I know of people who have houses on one or two characters and snagged another for themselves.

And I'm livid that SE thought putting Player and FC housing together, in the same zone, with the same odds, was a brilliant idea. And that they can't seem to understand that there are actual servers out there with empty wards, and their most popular servers have people buying up lots to mark up the fucking price.

This housing situation on Balmung is ridiculous and I'm frustrated to high hell. :c

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 12-25-2015

(12-25-2015, 06:03 PM)Kou Wrote: I'm more than a little miffed with the idea that a vast majority of housing plots now belong to players, rather than FCs.
I'm pissed that I know of people who have houses on one or two characters and snagged another for themselves.

And I'm livid that SE thought putting Player and FC housing together, in the same zone, with the same odds, was a brilliant idea. And that they can't seem to understand that there are actual servers out there with empty wards, and their most popular servers have people buying up lots to mark up the fucking price.

This housing situation on Balmung is ridiculous and I'm frustrated to high hell. :c

Agreed... I'm getting really sick of it. I mean I'm happy for everyone who got a house, congrats! But the poor planning is just not acceptable on SE's part.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Eve Malusion - 12-25-2015

Wanted to get a character made for my brother since he decided he wanted to try game out, got up an hour before maint since its usually up like 20 minutes early. It comes up nearly 50 minutes early while I'm getting a drink and has already locked again before I make it back. Balmung problems, I suppose.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 01-12-2016

You know what grinds my gears?

Accidentally hitting Greed on the DRG chest and watching it go to the BLM...as a DRG....in Void Ark...

...yeah. 

Sometimes you do things that you know..make you wanna cry in a corner.