Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 02:50 PM)Aaron Wrote: Why would I have multiple options available to myself or my friends should I ever need them?

You'd make an awful Batman.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 02:51 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(04-13-2016, 02:50 PM)Aaron Wrote: Why would I have multiple options available to myself or my friends should I ever need them?

You'd make an awful Batman.
I would, won't even lie.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 04-13-2016

I truly shouldn't be shocked that you only carry what you main.

But I am. XD

I have at least one gearset for every class I have (which is all of them) or at least a mainhand ON TOP of glamor sets

Have both my retainers my high level PLD and NIN gear for ventures, so I only have DRK gear and GSM gear on me lol.

On a different rant, people in PvP are so damn stupid sometimes. If the target has a big 1 over their head you ATTACK THEM. WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING SEPARATE DPS LIKE YOU CAN SOLO THEM BEFORE THEY GET HEALED AGAIN!?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-13-2016

I'm still wrapping my head around the no extra gearsets thing.

Like....there's level 1 gear for under 100 gil that'll get the job done. And all the seasonal clothes and event gear and "SE saw you paid for a subscription" gear are all level 1. Even the Rogue's Guild makes -jokes- about being naked with a lv1 weapon!

...so kinda baffled at the lack of gearsets. Retainers generally can't even benefit from best in slot gear unless you're farming the gathering ones.

(04-13-2016, 03:26 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I'm still wrapping my head around the no extra gearsets thing.

Like....there's level 1 gear for under 100 gil that'll get the job done. And all the seasonal clothes and event gear and "SE saw you paid for a subscription" gear are all level 1. Even the Rogue's Guild makes -jokes- about being naked with a lv1 weapon!

...so kinda baffled at the lack of gearsets. Retainers generally can't even benefit from best in slot gear unless you're farming the gathering ones
The gear ain't the issue, you can't change to a different class without the weapon anyway.

Which I don't carry unless I'm about to use it myself.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - S'imba - 04-13-2016

With how many weapon slots you have it seems like kind of a waste to not have a spare weapon. Never hurts to have different options to give yourself more utility. Unless you've filled your slots completely with dark knight swords...

My point is having a class leveled but not packing a weapon feels more wasteful than using one slot to carry an extra weapon to switch if you have to.

Naw I don't like having shit I'm not gonna use in my inventory.

I've literally got 1 sword in my weapons inventory and that's it. If I'm not using something I toss it in my retainer.

I like having a clean inventory only filled with stuff I use frequently.

I'm not carrying around a cross classed PLD or a conjured cane JUST so I can raise random people I rarely ever see just dead in the open. I am not that nice. If someone wants to hate me for that then I probably wouldn't have wanted to help them in the first place.

Fuck em.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 04-13-2016

You can actually have one of each class weapon in your inventory and still have two slots left over. I know this because I do it on Gogon. XD

He has something for every class, plus his Relic replica and Emperor's New Fists. >>

It's only really annoying when doing the anima quests because then I have to grab a weapon out of my retainer for him to put on so he can turn in the anima weapon for upgrade. Otherwise it isn't too bad.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 05:47 PM)Gegenji Wrote: You can actually have one of each class weapon in your inventory and still have two slots left over. I know this because I do it on Gogon. XD

He has something for every class, plus his Relic replica and Emperor's New Fists. >>

It's only really annoying when doing the anima quests because then I have to grab a weapon out of my retainer for him to put on so he can turn in the anima weapon for upgrade. Otherwise it isn't too bad.

Speaking of terrible tales.

HOW ABOUT THE ARMOR INVENTORY?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Jana - 04-13-2016

[Image: 05ae3f8a26.jpg]

See I couldn't do that, I'd feel like my inventory is junky.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 04-15-2016

So I was trying to level Allene's summoner. Someone told me I should just queue as a scholar to cheese the levels.

Being an idiot I decided hey that sounds swell. Brayflox it is then!

So let's recap what I did wrong.
- I did not buy a keeper's hymn to respec to MND.
- I did not buy any MND boosting accessories.
- I don't know if i should have been dropping Bio II, Miasma, Bio, Aero on one thing. 
- THEN BANE ALL FOUR TO EVERY OTHER THING.
- On top of healing the tank.
- Ran 90% of the dungeon in Cleric stance and not even noticing it.
- Panicked when I saw the 4 poison stack on the tank and not knowing how to remove it. I still don't.
- I was running out of MP which I heard was impossible for SCH's. 
- I WAS STILL SPECCED TO BE A SMN.
- I felt proud of myself when everything was aggro'd to me. Then I realized I have no foresight, no rampart, not hallowed ground nor holmgangbangarang, hell not even blood bath and vengeance. 
- Lolphysick spam like I do on BLM Kurt.
- MY ONLY HEALING EXPERIENCE IS DROPPING EMERGENCY LOLPHYSICK AS BLM KURT/SMN ALLENE

What I did right.
- No one died. Like not even Eos.

Things I'm not sure about.
- Should I not have been dropping Adlo 24/7?
- Eos 24/7 yea or nay?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 04-15-2016

Scholars can't erase until level 40. Sounds like you did fine if no one died.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 04-15-2016

Soo...are they like the PLD of healers. Where they get important shit at level 40?