Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 06-26-2016

(06-26-2016, 01:06 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 01:03 PM)Roderick Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 12:28 PM)Kilieit Wrote: (snip for length)

While I understand the bit about people throwing a hissy fit when you don't have protect, the rest still makes little difference, imo.

It's Sastasha... you don't need Eye for an Eye... nor a cleanse. (OR for that matter, protect really, but yeah...)

Selene or Eos both have Embrace out the gate and that's really all you need. They go around hugging people who are hurting while you're placing your dots and spamming ruin.

As opposed to being on CNJ where you, personally, are spending time casting that cure, fiddling with switching in and out of Cleric Stance, and casting a DPS spell somewhere in between.

I mean, it's neither here nor there as it's only Sastasha normal... but SCH still, in my opinion anyway, wins out over CNJ/WHM at that level.

Yeah, I think this is a difference in playstyle. Personally, I queue as healer because I enjoy healing - I find it satisfying to have tools to solve problems, and frustrating when literally every single one of those tools is arbitrarily taken away from me. "This makes it easier for you to DPS" isn't something that makes a healing class appealing to me, like, at all. xD

And I can understand that. Though I'm not saying that it "makes it easier for you to DPS" (although, obviously, it does). I'm more coming from the angle that if you go into a dungeon and have 3 DPS instead of 2... in most cases that dungeon will be done faster and you can go about your day.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 06-27-2016

Generally, until you get Holy, WhM is a bit awful for DPS. Single target is okay-ish. Bane comes way sooner for SCH. Of course though, Holy is incomparable.

(06-26-2016, 12:28 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 11:42 AM)Valence Wrote: I say "you can totally survive bees here" which is true, as long as your HP is close to top.

I regretted after that to have taken the heal's side (ambiguously) when we got to the first boss. The heal was actually not healing at all and DPSing. He didn't even reprotect the tank. No wonder the tank was dropping and we wiped eventually.

Yeah... the bees are technically surviveable, I guess, if you're a tank with full VIT, decent gear, on full health, and with defensive cooldowns up.

I think it's best to just keep the tank topped off as a priority, treat them as instant-death mechanic, and have a happy surprise if they aren't.

If the healer was blaming the tank for dying to bees but wasn't keeping them topped off... the healer can jog on.

That's what I said "ok fine, going to focus fire on bees instead of going gung-ho on AoEs". I'm totally okay with that, but the main issue is that there is one or two groups with bees where there... more than one. You can rush down one before final sting, but you generally will have to deal with it no matter what with the second bee.

Better to be prepared for it. I have healed that instance a lot and even DPS classes tend to survive it. I think it's more a mechanic that acts a bit like a tank buster. Same for tank busters, you don't let your tank mid life when the buster is coming.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 06-27-2016

Here's the secret as a lowbie-SCH:

Enter with CS set. Turn on CS. Swap your abilities to give you protect. "AFK, filling my drink" for 1 minute. Cast protect.

Faerie should be more than enough to keep everyone good in lowbie runs, and CS doesn't reset if you swap its slot.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - kyioku - 06-27-2016

On a dark, and windy night, I decided to farm Titan EX for the pony. I have found a group of 3 other brave adventurers, hungry for blood and ponies. I have joined as SMN, the group had a WAR and an AST and a NIN as well. Together, we have faced our foe and...

The very first attempt, we get him down to 95%, first landfall happens, NIN falls. Rest of us kills Titan without any issues, the NIN guy is spamming that it's taking us forever to kill it. Once it dies, a pony drops, NIN rolls 99 and leaves the party. That was the day I found use for blacklist, other than spam of gil-selling offers.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 06-27-2016

Healer refused to purge pacify, but was more than happy to get rid of poison.

I just...I give up.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 06-27-2016

To be perfectly honest, as a heal, I absolutely abhor that pacify shit (you know the worst? People with macros that spamm it everytime... At best, just make a ping when pacify ACTUALLY HAPPENS, not when you start using berserk...). It's wasted time that could go to DPS and healing or whatever. Poison is to be expected from the mobs, but pacify is the reason I dislike healing warriors. The irony is when you notice it a bit late or just finish casting something else, then send an esuna, and the thing wears off just before esuna is cast.

But I cleanse it alright. It's my job. It just feels like going after someone shitting a room and not cleaning after.

Sorry for the rant.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-27-2016

(06-27-2016, 05:32 PM)Valence Wrote: To be perfectly honest, as a heal, I absolutely abhor that pacify shit (you know the worst? People with macros that spamm it everytime... At best, just make a ping when pacify ACTUALLY HAPPENS, not when you start using berserk...). It's wasted time that could go to DPS and healing or whatever. Poison is to be expected from the mobs, but pacify is the reason I dislike healing warriors. The irony is when you notice it a bit late or just finish casting something else, then send an esuna, and the thing wears off just before esuna is cast.

But I cleanse it alright. It's my job. It just feels like going after someone shitting a room and not cleaning after.

Sorry for the rant.

That's usually why I keep Flash on my bars - it's something I can do to continue getting enmity while Pacified.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 06-28-2016

There's two kinds of Warriors in the game:

"Pacify lasts five seconds? I can wait that out."

and

"YOU HAVE TO CLEANSE ME NOW <se.3> <se.4> <se.6> <se.7> PACIFY LASTS 5 SECONDS"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sahde Vhidgo - 06-28-2016

Just chiming in as a Bard main, but those pacification macros are actually quite useful for allowing me to help my Warrior tanks out with Warden's Paeon Smile

I can slap it on the tank right after they use Berserk, and as long as no other harmful effects get applied to the tank before pacification is timed to land, neither the healer or the Warrior have to worry about it!

Of course, that doesn't mean that a majority of Berserk/Pacification macros couldn't be less eyetwitch-inducing, but it is a different perspective!

Chocobo

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 10:50 AM)Rmiah Wrote: Just chiming in as a Bard main, but those pacification macros are actually quite useful for allowing me to help my Warrior tanks out with Warden's Paeon Smile

I can slap it on the tank right after they use Berserk, and as long as no other harmful effects get applied to the tank before pacification is timed to land, neither the healer or the Warrior have to worry about it!

Of course, that doesn't mean that a majority of Berserk/Pacification macros couldn't be less eyetwitch-inducing, but it is a different perspective!

Chocobo

You're LYING. We all know there's no such thing as Paeon, or Ballad, or Promote, or Goad!

Seriously, paladin at level 50 in a group with multiple ninja who don't Goad are the root of my first world problems. PLD50 burns through all of its TP after about 3:30 of straight combat, AKA "We only just killed the adds on Ramuh and I am completely out of TP, someone please help me."

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 06-28-2016

That's true. I didn't think about the Peon. 

Also, main issue with goad is the incredibly huge cooldown. I guess a BRD/MCH is priceless for true TP regen.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 06-28-2016

Of all the DRG skills I miss most when I'm not playing DRG, the biggest one is Invigorate... RIP my TP bar

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 06-28-2016

It's a crossclass though. NIN/MNK/MCH get it at the very least...

Invigorate:

BRD, DRG, MCH, MNK, NIN.

Every physical DPS.

Please Goad your tanks. WAR can use it on pulls to keep up Overpower usage, PLDs need it on bosses during 50 content if there's steady contact time. I have no idea how DRK does, to be quite honest with you.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 12:32 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Invigorate:

BRD, DRG, MCH, MNK, NIN.

Every physical DPS.

Please Goad your tanks. WAR can use it on pulls to keep up Overpower usage, PLDs need it on bosses during 50 content if there's steady contact time. I have no idea how DRK does, to be quite honest with you.
Sir, did you ever Monk with rotating Fracture in, and not having to DK?

Even with the new TP ability we get, I struggle massively at times near the end of fights. And that's outside the serious raids. Like Ozma? My damn, that fight is a TP heavy fight. I can't how much of a pain in the ass it must be outside 24 man stuff.

Idk but I never have much issues with my TP as tank. That said, good ninjas will just give a look and throw it to whoever needs it first. Our nin back in the days used to throw it asap onto our monk at the start of a fight, and we always would have a second one up for when either our war needed it, or someone died. But that requires a ninja who doesn't tunnel vision 9000.