Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 06-28-2016

Monk with GL3 and high contact time is definitely an issue to be aware of. My post is largely constructed from strawmen in the first place!

Is Ozma really that bad? I figured the gaps in physical uptime and the need to stop for dice/move for meteors/ step out for triangle would provide some breathing room.

Paladin's gotten a lot better since they reduced the TP for everything down to 60, but in 50 content I still empty out and am waiting on 3second ticks instead of 2.4x GCDs after three and a half, ballpark.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Momoka - 06-28-2016

Nothing in this world brings me more joy than people who go into weeping city and decide that because theyre so good and pure, they can shit on new players or people who arent as "good' as they are. I say good in quotations, because well....

Anyways. I dont care if someones a keyboard turning, ability clicking back peddling noob. You can teach a bad dps to be good. You can teach a tank, and a healer. But you cant teach someone to have a good attitude and treat their fellow human beings with even the slightest shred of respect. If you decide to fly off the handle at a pug group because for some reason theyre not performing to your subjective standard, theyre not the problem. You are.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-28-2016

Dear people who view PF,

When I put up an add for Nidhogg Ex saying "Last Phase/Clear Party" that means you must be able to do all mechanics up to said last phase competently and you must have at least -seen- said phase.

That does not mean, you join as a fucking healer if ALL classes to Nid Ex, and proceed to die every time to the fucking cauterize breath. But even if YOU DO JOIN AND DIE, answer me when I fucking outright say "Why do you keep dying, do you need help?"

Because even though I CLEARLY was looking to clear, I was WILLING to help you fucking learn from scratch the fight, so was everyone else.

But no, you want to be a fucking idiot and not talk, completely mute, as if somebody fucked you in the mouth so hard you messed up your jaw structure. You're a mute, you're a new mute at that who joined a fucking party expecting to clear and THEN WIPE NON STOP WITHOUT EVEN TRYING TO LEARN.

So yes, dear healer. I hope somebody puts you and whatever pc you use in a box and floats you down a fucking river to your death. Because you just WILLFULLY looked at the group and said "Hey, Fuck them and their time. I'm gonna try and get carried and not say a word."

Go drink bleach.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 06-28-2016

Tanks in raid that are not even bothering getting aggro on thrash mobs. Every time I get all the aggro as a WhM. Every, damn time. 

People in raid not willing to stay at healing range with the rest of their party, or party just exploding all around because why the hell not.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 01:48 PM)Virella Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 12:32 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Invigorate:

BRD, DRG, MCH, MNK, NIN.

Every physical DPS.

Please Goad your tanks. WAR can use it on pulls to keep up Overpower usage, PLDs need it on bosses during 50 content if there's steady contact time. I have no idea how DRK does, to be quite honest with you.
Sir, did you ever Monk with rotating Fracture in, and not having to DK?

Even with the new TP ability we get, I struggle massively at times near the end of fights. And that's outside the serious raids. Like Ozma? My damn, that fight is a TP heavy fight. I can't how much of a pain in the ass it must be outside 24 man stuff.

Idk but I never have much issues with my TP as tank. That said, good ninjas will just give a look and throw it to whoever needs it first. Our nin back in the days used to throw it asap onto our monk at the start of a fight, and we always would have a second one up for when either our war needed it, or someone died. But that requires a ninja who doesn't tunnel vision 9000.

Man, Fracture aint even worth it anymore.  So much sad.  It's still on my bar, and I use it sometimes, but then my TP is sad.

On topic though.  New tank in Final Steps.  Obnoxious macros galore.  Runs Shadow...snake dude all over while he tries to tank Shadow Dragon despite warnings before pull and during pull.   "Monk you need to give me time to get aggro on Shadow Dragon plz, or he's going to run all over like that."

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 06-28-2016

The purpose of Fracture isn't so much the miniscule increase in overall encounter DPS as it is to delay Demolish so that you don't clip the previous application before you get every tic of damage in. If you're at 5s left on your last Demo and you're back to Coeurl, your options are to a) Demo and lose a tic, b) Snap Punch and lose Demo on target for at least a single tic, c) delay by reapplying Touch of Death. Option C is a winner... unless you'd be clipping ToD short too.

Fracture gets you around that. You delay Demo by approx. 2s with Fracture and that lets the last tick of the previous Demo occur at exactly 3s left on the DoT. Then you hit Demo to reapply.

...of course, you can do the EXACT SAME THING with Meditation in place of Fracture, which leads you reach Purification faster to restore some TP and solve all TP issues.

"But muh Forbidden Chakra!"

FC is appropriate in some cases, not all. Read: openers and when you're sitting pretty TP-wise.

tl;dr: Fracture is optimal but not worth the drain outside of hardcore Savage raiding, and MNK has no TP issues courtesy of alternating between Invig and Purif. Oh, and any MNK who keeps Fracture up 100% of the time in a 7+ min fight is bad.

P.S. Let Ninjas Goad Themselves 2016.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-28-2016

To answer Warren, DRK doesn't need Goad, the Blood Weapon buff reduces tp usage by 20% and if you run out of TP while MTing with Grit up I don't know what's going on but you're doing it wrong.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 06-28-2016

(06-28-2016, 09:37 PM)Aaron Wrote: To answer Warren, DRK doesn't need Goad, the Blood Weapon buff reduces tp usage by 20% and if you run out of TP while MTing with Grit up I don't know what's going on but you're doing it wrong.

People still tank with Grit on?

DRK is a tank?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-29-2016

(06-28-2016, 10:04 PM)Edgar Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 09:37 PM)Aaron Wrote: To answer Warren, DRK doesn't need Goad, the Blood Weapon buff reduces tp usage by 20% and if you run out of TP while MTing with Grit up I don't know what's going on but you're doing it wrong.

DRK is a tank?
It certainly ain't a DPS like WAR.

I'm past 50 on WAR and I regret that it was the last tank I leveled.

WAR master race.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 06-29-2016

(06-29-2016, 12:24 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 10:04 PM)Edgar Wrote:

DRK is a tank?
It certainly ain't a DPS like WAR.

I'm past 50 on WAR and I regret that it was the last tank I leveled.

WAR master race.
PLD master race.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gabineaux - 06-29-2016

I joined five different nidhogg 'farm' parties and only have one totem to show for it.. Well, what did I expect really. One of them had a monk in it who has 'seen enrage' but continued to die each time on the last phase. I know a lot of people get angry about the farm party 'elitist attitude' thing, but geeze. Join or make a clear party. I don't know why I didn't leave when I saw the eso bonus. Maybe I had faith.

I ALMOST wonder if I would have gotten more totems joining serious clear parties and helping them out. I'll try it tomorrow.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 06-29-2016

Yeah that's the thing with me doing 24 mans, and I can't really do it, but I fire up my ACT and see if I can still keep up with folk. I was so pissed when I was pulling 1400 with my 210 weapons, just to see some twelvedamned ninja with 240 pulling near 1700. I just gave up, and was k with being second. No really, in dungeons I end up being that fucker who parses and go "can I still out dps people who have better gear". And I severely will judge people if I can out dps them still. I won't call them out for it, unless they are like hitting like wet noodles, at best I will go "Oh DPS seems slow guys". I'm a terrible snob at times.

Urgh I need better weapons, but I don't wanna relic or raid sadface. Anyhow my old EU FC on Cerberus, we used to get into the old 24s a lot with another raiding guild. We always had like little games who could out dps folk. I really enjoy doing that. I'm super competitive with these things. But yeah, in the end I like RP more, and I find it hard to manage raiding with RP, so I dropped the serious stuff.

Then again, I got so bored of the 24 mans at some point that I gone in as ACN and see who I could out dps (mind you at that point I was fully final coil geared on my smn. Don't get me started on how much smn sucked compared to second coil. I just wanted to ruin II all night long and bookslap the shit out of bosses for more dps. Sadly enough that fun got taken away from me. They did give us some buffs... but yeah...). SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH STILL QUITE A FEW PEOPLE. What made be cry and laugh at the same time.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-29-2016

(06-29-2016, 05:11 AM)Arvid Greave Wrote: I joined five different nidhogg 'farm' parties and only have one totem to show for it.. Well, what did I expect really. One of them had a monk in it who has 'seen enrage' but continued to die each time on the last phase. I know a lot of people get angry about the farm party 'elitist attitude' thing, but geeze. Join or make a clear party. I don't know why I didn't leave when I saw the eso bonus. Maybe I had faith.

I ALMOST wonder if I would have gotten more totems joining serious clear parties and helping them out. I'll try it tomorrow.
I know your pain man.

I legit have made it to enrage but I'm unable to join the farms because I still got the eso bonus.

Meanwhile I got people joining my clear party and can't even pass Fang & Claw ;_;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 06-29-2016

I think I'm in love with the guy who was healing in the dungeon I just did lol. Asshole DPS was rushing ahead and when asked why he'd missed some stuff said that people who wandered off could get killed and he didn't care. So the healer stays behind just enough so the DPS runs ahead and dies with no one to heal him then he sends a message saying 'Oh, I totally understand what you mean'. XD

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gabineaux - 06-29-2016

(06-29-2016, 09:04 AM)Aaron Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 05:11 AM)Arvid Greave Wrote: I joined five different nidhogg 'farm' parties and only have one totem to show for it.. Well, what did I expect really. One of them had a monk in it who has 'seen enrage' but continued to die each time on the last phase. I know a lot of people get angry about the farm party 'elitist attitude' thing, but geeze. Join or make a clear party. I don't know why I didn't leave when I saw the eso bonus. Maybe I had faith.

I know your pain man.

I legit have made it to enrage but I'm unable to join the farms because I still got the eso bonus.

Meanwhile I got people joining my clear party and can't even pass Fang & Claw ;_;

I only ...want the bird. I've legit considered making bird farm parties with the ilvl req of 230. Anyone's mains who they've been working on should be 230 now right? LOL.. my whm is 235.