Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 12-23-2014

Fucking people doing atma or other shit. Pulling this speed run shit.

I'm sorry. I'm in a low level roulette/dungeon pre-50.

I want my fucking exp you turd.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Iex - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:20 PM)Kage Wrote: Fucking people doing atma or other shit. Pulling this speed run shit.

I'm sorry. I'm in a low level roulette/dungeon pre-50.

I want my fucking exp you turd.

Heh I am doing Zodiac now.... have to do AV over and over; if people ask 'how are we running this?' I explain why I am there, but go with 'whatever.' Sometimes they take pity on me sometimes they need the exp. I just try to convince them they can pull a bit more than a single pack... if they don't I just go dpsy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:17 PM)Fates Skein Wrote: I got up and made dinner.

This brings to mind another pet peeve - and not the one you might think.

Those people who refuse to roll on items at the end of ST and the like, thinking that we'll get fed up and just leave or something so they don't have to worry about the RNG. Had an ST on Friday where we had that happen and I just started shooting the breeze with the other tank.

Made it a point that it was a Friday night and I had NO plans for Saturday, so I was willing to wait just as long as these folks could. Ultimately it timed out and all I got was a single sand, but hey. That went into improving my tank belt!

I don't know how you do it.

I did at-level groups with a WHM who was FCOB skilled and ready. I was leveling my WAR and was doing DD first room runs until he said "hey let's do AV"

Well. He decided he'd pull more than one group.

We - ME- died multiple times.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Iex - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 04:36 PM)Kage Wrote: I don't know how you do it.

I did at-level groups with a WHM who was FCOB skilled and ready. I was leveling my WAR and was doing DD first room runs until he said "hey let's do AV"

Well. He decided he'd pull more than one group.

We - ME- died multiple times.

The healer just needs to stay calm and realize his heals are 40% of what they are used to and missing level 50 skills. Mind you there are limits XD. The tank also needs to pop cooldowns as needed and DPS need to be doing their job.

I kinda have been lucky lately I think. Also, I am a scholar so I must be insane.

.I popped -all- the CDs I could (not all at once obs) and I dropped. Like the itty bitty pre-50 WAR I was.

T_T;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-23-2014

AV is notoriously annoying with adds. Some stuff pulls when you're trying not to walk through the gold puddle and it aggros without you even trying to.

See last AV run I had, where I accidentally wiped the group 2 times in the room. Putting myself on blast for that one.

Also, IIRC BLMs can LB through the shields on Glasya Labolas since it's a ground targeted and not a direct spell. Game doesn't reflect those proper. Had a run where we did that, it was glorious.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 07:32 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Also, IIRC BLMs can LB through the shields on Glasya Labolas since it's a ground targeted and not a direct spell. Game doesn't reflect those proper. Had a run where we did that, it was glorious.

Oh, now I must try this. Smile

EDIT: Except, wait, that wouldn't be saving the LB for the healers arrrrghghghghg %@*()#*()! NO CARRIER

...Ahem. Yeah. ST groups. Very frustrating these days. :X

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-23-2014

During SYRCUSMANIA I picked up a LOT of tiny tricks about ST.

Y'know, when I nearly well goddamned lost my mind running Syrcus. Here's a hint folks, 30 Syrcus runs in a week is not healthy, much less when you do 15 in one day.

If you were irritable, you become even more so. It has a nasty effect on your relationships with others, and obviously, it cuts back on RP.

Friends don't let friends Duty Finder Syrcus 15 times in a day.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Berrod Armstrong - 12-30-2014

(12-23-2014, 07:32 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: AV is notoriously annoying with adds. Some stuff pulls when you're trying not to walk through the gold puddle and it aggros without you even trying to.

See last AV run I had, where I accidentally wiped the group 2 times in the room. Putting myself on blast for that one.

Also, IIRC BLMs can LB through the shields on Glasya Labolas since it's a ground targeted and not a direct spell. Game doesn't reflect those proper. Had a run where we did that, it was glorious.
After spamming AV on all my jobs from 47 to 50 I have all the proper pulls seared into my memory. I actually really enjoy AV -- the way it's laid out. The only thing I don't like about it is that it syncs to 49, leaving us without our level 50 skills. That's just me being bratty though. It's a place where you really need to play as best as you can to get through, and sort of thing makes me smile.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Maril - 12-30-2014

I'm in the progress of gearing up and learning how to tank, on my alt Thala'to. I'm ilevel 90 and I'm running halitali hard for first time bonus, so I can get shiney gear. For this I bring my own personal healbot (my BF) and a guildee on DPS. We get matched up with a bard who is apparently in a hurry because the "reset is soon" (50 mins at dungeon start). I explain, when he says "Pull more", That I am a fresh tank and I am learning how to buttons. 
The following pull I try to pull two groups but he's already dpsing the first group, making me lose aggro like instantly, which I never recover. 
That was the first sign of things going to shit, after the first boss he then starts to pull for me (because im going too slow, that being stopping for two seconds to regen mana. No, no manasong :/) and after that we opt to vote kick him for harassment (He kept on being like chop-chop and stressing me out) 
However he manages to rejoin the group and is all like "That was uncalled for" and we were like "Maybe let the tank pull k?" and then he proceeds to pull again, where we then just decide to let him deal with the mobs on his own. He's all like "Oh my this is a first" and tries to reason his actions with that "He does this to normal tanks too". 
So he dies a few times because of him pulling, though he remains quiet and when we finish the dungeon there's 25 mins till reset - We could have gone faster if he wasn't being an ass. Needless to say no commendations went to him, where he would have gotten 3 if he had just been a regular patient dps. 

Moral of the story: Don't be an ass, let the tank pull. Esp if you're in a hurry.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 10:43 AM)Sastra Wrote: Moral of the story: Don't be an ass, let the tank pull. Esp if you're in a hurry.

DPS that feel the need to pull for me always irks me. Not only for the aggro difficulties and the uncomfortableness of having a DPS trying to force the dungeon to be run at their speed... but just that unspoken statement of "Hey, you obviously can't do your job, let me do it for you."

Even more so when they ignore you when you call them out on it, or get all offended and mouthy.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 12-30-2014

The only DPS I give a pass to are monks keeping GL stacks. If I'm running towards a pack, I don't mind a monk shoulder tackling in ahead of me and having aggro for a split second before CoS or Flash lands. I wish bards would realize that they have ridiculously more range on their attacks than Lobahawk possesses, though. That's irritating to have to deal with.

Somewhat on-topic, I had a limit-break happy thaumaturge last night in my low level roulette. He dropped it on the second trash/boss pull in Tamtara, but on the imps/priest. Alright, they're squishy, but maybe it saved us time. I didn't say anything because enh, trash, but as soon as we engaged the mindflayer he does it again. It's a minor annoyance at best but come on, level 1 caster LB at that level does like 90 damage.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 12-30-2014

I remember doing a Tam-Tara while leveling... Rogue, I think? Anyway, I got the delight of having a tank who apparently just figured out LBs and thought they were the bee's knees.

Like, he would use the tank LB on every fight he could. It was... interesting. Kept doing it after the healer told him to let us DPS do the LBs. It was a SCH, at least, so we had enough DPS to mow things down even with the tank being a dumb.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 12-30-2014

So I've been running ST a bit lately (gods knows why) and I usually go in as WAR cuz fun. Now in most cases, if one of the other two tanks is almost equally geared or better than myself, I'll let them MT everything and just go deeps war, provided they don't do something stupid. But sometimes I go in and the other two tanks only have Relic Zeniths and mayyyyybe i90-i100 gear on, and in those instances I usually MT to avoid hassle. But it never fails that one of those Zenith tanks is going to attempt (and fail) to voke the boss, trash, whatever off of me every time it comes off cooldown for the entire run of ST.

It's cute the first time, it's not every 40s. If you have to use voke to catch up to me every time it's off cooldown... you probably aren't going to win the tank fight, just sayin. You're really just unnecessarily spinning the mob to cleave dps during the 1 second it takes me to get hate back with heavy swing. Please go do your OT duties and pick up the trash that's killing your party.