Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 11:06 AM)Tyndles Wrote: Final boss of Sohm Al Hard.

The tank has been mediocre throughout the run.  Not unbearable, but making mistakes, making huge pulls that he doesn't have any business making with his abilities, thankfully the healer is amazing because me and the Bard are tanking half the pulls.

The final boss he just...runs into the lava.  Three times.

"Im just putting the lava pools where they wont bother us."

But he doesnt leave the lava and dies.  Three. Fucking. Times.  Even when the lava pools dont target him.  We end up booting him and getting another tank.  It was magical, though.
Reminds me of a run I had last night.
Tank doesn't move Scorpion so now it's right on top of the lava pool and I can barely get off monk positionals.
"pls move it"
Tank dodges and now places scorpion in a way where I can only hit its face.
Meanwhile, this giant lava pool keeps growing in the middle of the arena because it targeted the Tank and the tank didn't move from the center.

In the end, giant lava pools were everywhere. I could only hit the scorpion from its face because I had aggro when WHM and Tank died. To lava.

Party: whew. great save. nice.
me: :/
Voice in head: This would have gone so much better if the tank could actually position the boss without having people set off lava everywhere.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Mermaid - 02-23-2017

(02-20-2017, 11:56 AM)Aaron Wrote: To be fair, the Healer probably was like that because the tank said they were new and apparently we're having aggro troubles (personally if I was a dps I just stop dpsing a few seconds if I'm about to rip aggro, doesn't really hurt anything) and in their eyes instead of you waiting until the tank pulled and just "auto pilot" attacking you kinda gave off the wrong impression. 

Not gonna say anything else on the matter but if I was that healer (lol I don't heal never will) I probably would've thought something similar. Doubt the crown had anything to do with it tbh
Oh, I'm not saying I'm innocent. I screwed up and I could've been paying more attention. When I say auto pilot though I don't mean I was doing something like "see thing, attack thing" without waiting for the tank. The whole mishap didn't even happen until the tank was at least halfway to the boss.

Honestly, I don't know if it was the crown that made them feel like they could police people or the fact that they were the healer. I'm more inclined to believe it was the latter and at the very least their seniority helped develop this mentality.

All that aside anyone want to hear another fun story about healers thinking they can police people? This one's shorter and second hand. Boyfriend queues up for mentor roulette, as a tank, while I can't play with him. Gets dropped into an in progress party. Either asks or is informed why the last tank left. Apparently, the tank either didn't wait for Protect or ran out of range for it so the healer let the tank die. The tank quit after that. I know from experience that that's annoying (I have even sassed my boyfriend for doing that) but you're really going to drop your righteous healer judgement over a single friggin' Protect?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ferus - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 09:10 AM)Mermaid Wrote:
(02-20-2017, 11:56 AM)Aaron Wrote: To be fair, the Healer probably was like that because the tank said they were new and apparently we're having aggro troubles (personally if I was a dps I just stop dpsing a few seconds if I'm about to rip aggro, doesn't really hurt anything) and in their eyes instead of you waiting until the tank pulled and just "auto pilot" attacking you kinda gave off the wrong impression. 

Not gonna say anything else on the matter but if I was that healer (lol I don't heal never will) I probably would've thought something similar. Doubt the crown had anything to do with it tbh
Oh, I'm not saying I'm innocent. I screwed up and I could've been paying more attention. When I say auto pilot though I don't mean I was doing something like "see thing, attack thing" without waiting for the tank. The whole mishap didn't even happen until the tank was at least halfway to the boss.

Honestly, I don't know if it was the crown that made them feel like they could police people or the fact that they were the healer. I'm more inclined to believe it was the latter and at the very least their seniority helped develop this mentality.

All that aside anyone want to hear another fun story about healers thinking they can police people? This one's shorter and second hand. Boyfriend queues up for mentor roulette, as a tank, while I can't play with him. Gets dropped into an in progress party. Either asks or is informed why the last tank left. Apparently, the tank either didn't wait for Protect or ran out of range for it so the healer let the tank die. The tank quit after that. I know from experience that that's annoying (I have even sassed my boyfriend for doing that) but you're really going to drop your righteous healer judgement over a single friggin' Protect?

Play Paladin, cross class Protect. Healers ain't got shit on you.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 02-23-2017

That moment when you want to level up alts because you want them to be pretty.

But then you remember the MSQ.

'No thanks, I'd rather be stuck in the hempen set forever'.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Shofie - 02-26-2017

I was tanking a low-level dungeon awhile ago with two bards in it, and a non-DPSing healer.

Bard 1 was playing Foe the whole time.
Bard 2 was playing Mage's Ballad so the first bard could "play Foe longer".

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Zhu - 02-26-2017

(02-23-2017, 09:22 PM)Parvacake Wrote: That moment when you want to level up alts because you want them to be pretty.

I'm so hyped for jump potions. I will pay good money to skip the MSQ. Not that it's bad but..Two times were enough.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 03:38 PM)Zhu Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 09:22 PM)Parvacake Wrote: That moment when you want to level up alts because you want them to be pretty.

I'm so hyped for jump potions. I will pay good money to skip the MSQ. Not that it's bad but..Two times were enough.
Pretty much the same. I have a full set of eight with most of them below level 25 because I just can't.

[Image: bYzjxGO.gif]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 07:15 PM)Parvacake Wrote:

Pretty much the same. I have a full set of eight with most of them below level 25 because I just can't.

I'm on alt #3 of 10 through the 2.0 MSQ and it's taking me weeks to do the Coerthas Central section of the MSQ. Especially because I know the bit after this is just as boring and tedious. ><

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Parvacake - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 07:18 PM)Kilieit Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 07:15 PM)Parvacake Wrote:

I'm on alt #3 of 10 through the 2.0 MSQ and it's taking me weeks to do the Coerthas Central section of the MSQ. Especially because I know the bit after this is just as boring and tedious. ><
That's me atm with my third high alt that's like...51? Doing the 2.0 MSQ after the Garlean bit and it's just the long drag between Min's mom and the crystal braves up until Ishgard. It's so much blargh. I don't think I've touched it in weeks.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 01:59 PM)Shofie Wrote: I was tanking a low-level dungeon awhile ago with two bards in it, and a non-DPSing healer.

I'm going to show my ignorance here, but isn't that a good use of teamwork? Whenever my Bard has been in a party with another Bard they were never interested in coordinating songs.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-26-2017

(02-26-2017, 08:15 PM)Charity322 Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 01:59 PM)Shofie Wrote: I was tanking a low-level dungeon awhile ago with two bards in it, and a non-DPSing healer.

I'm going to show my ignorance here, but isn't that a good use of teamwork? Whenever my Bard has been in a party with another Bard they were never interested in coordinating songs.

Foe Requiem is only useful if you have a mage. It's otherwise completely useless because it lowers magic resistance. And Mage's Ballad reduces that Bard's physical power by 10%, which reduces overall damage dealt while wasting their MP.

...if the healer was outputting some really food DPS, then it coulda been worth it. ...even just having their DoTs up would make it useful.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 03-24-2017

To the healer that threw a hissy fit because they got locked out of the second boss of Dun Scaith because I "pulled early" after standing around for thirty seconds then decided to not heal me for the remainder of the raid:   

Smile

(A pocket healer for a wife solves everything.)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 04-04-2017

To the tanks that insist on keeping the Lava Scorpion's ass (or entire body) in the lava void zones... go die in a hole.

Also, if you're losing threat constantly and end up not tanking the first two bosses for at least 75% of their health... that might be a clue that you're in the wrong stance.

Also, just because you then figure it out and switch to Shield Oath... that doesn't mean stop flashing when there's more than two mobs.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 08:38 PM)Roderick Wrote: To the tanks that insist on keeping the Lava Scorpion's ass (or entire body) in the lava void zones... go die in a hole.

I actually feel bad when I'm tanking that thing and I'm TRYING to move it out of the lava void zones and it just wants to... chill in it for a while and do all its AoE moves first.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kilieit - 05-06-2017

Levelling Roulette > Ifrit (story) on my alt, Shuukami Kanshi.

[Image: 03998deb71.png]

[Image: 5b155d77a7.png]

I'm going to lie down now.