Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - SapphireSkylines - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 10:11 AM)Charity322 Wrote: I often choose the person to commend by the person who actually stayed around long enough afterwards lol.

That's how I get commends, I stick around while a lot of people rush to leave, so the others left over just pick me because I'm there. I get a decent amount of comms that way.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 02:12 PM)SapphireSkylines Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 10:11 AM)Charity322 Wrote: I often choose the person to commend by the person who actually stayed around long enough afterwards lol.

That's how I get commends, I stick around while a lot of people rush to leave, so the others left over just pick me because I'm there. I get a decent amount of comms that way.

I usually hung around in the Omega raids (and most raids in general along with some trials, really) because there was always someone who wanted to try and be tricksy and hold off on rolling on the drops to see if they could get people upset enough to leave so they could roll uncontested. It never really worked and I don't know why people waste other people's time like that.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 09-20-2017

Yesterday I had to do maps with people who made fun of my coconut tapioca starch cookies, my pronunciations of Miqo'te, and my desire to eat crabs when the map spawns had a batch of crabs each time.

:<

[Image: 5172234150554885649253Faccount_id253D1.png]
[Image: DG-Crab.jpg]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Caspar - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 04:22 PM)Kage Wrote: Yesterday I had to do maps with people who made fun of my coconut tapioca starch cookies, my pronunciations of Miqo'te, and my desire to eat crabs when the map spawns had a batch of crabs each time.

[Image: 5172234150554885649253Faccount_id253D1.png]
[Image: DG-Crab.jpg]

Now *this* is unforgivable!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 09-20-2017

It's utterly terrible. You're running a 5-man Canals run, trying to eat a cookie while thinking of crabs, and to top it off a ton of those mobs are incredibly annoying to kill as a Samurai AOEing.

Also, elephant mob dropped a ton of times and I had to stop eating the cookies!

They tried to blame the cookies for the troll doors! :<

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 11-11-2017

I hate people who are rude. No matter what you don't like about what I'm doing I don't deserve to be called a retard.

And last time I checked I wasn't the fucking tank, so yelling at me for not leading the enemy to the right place is stupid. DXXX

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ritsu - 01-03-2018

OH! I have a few good ones from the last day. 

1.) So I have been working on one of my alts and she is at Baelsar wall. Going as an AST, my second favorite healing class. Most of the dungeon was okay, tank was hesitating a bit in big pulls (which I don't like) but we got thru it. I did die at the end of the 2nd boss because phone was going off, but not biggie - it was almost dead. SO Mostly went smooth. TIL we got to the last boss. 

I died to chain. Tank was all like "Watch your footing". I politely told him I did not die to AOE's I died because I was not broken out of the change. 2ND time (was not broken out again) Tank: HEALER WE NEED YOU. Me: We need to break me out of the chain then. 3RD time..guess what..died in the chain AGAIN. Tank is just like WOW at this point. (not sure if it was directed at me or the dps at this point) 4TH Finally cleared. At least I got 2 comms. 

2.) So I am running a 24 man raid. I started to notice very quickly that my co-healer was doing absolutely nothing. Not even healing herself. SO I get a little petty and just stop healing her. She almost died, but finally at least healed herself.  For funsy I just start to watch what she is doing. She medica 2 twice and did like 6 stone 3. Finally someone else called it to attention and she started to cast cure 2. (Though I am not sure anyone actually needed it) It was a bit irksome. I don't mind someone not dpsing as a healer if they just aren't comfy with it for whatever reason. But to particularly AFK a whole raid - not cool yo.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Saravahn - 01-03-2018

Paladins that seem to think Circle of Scorn is something that is a ranged attack (akin to Shadow Flare and the like). 

Seemingly every paladin in dungeon groups nowadays likes to pull with Circle of Scorn... which is fine and all... but they do it at a range that none of the enemies actually get hit. I've actually had to re-read the tooltip myself to make sure it didn't say anything about a launched attack or some such. "nearby enemies" seems clear enough to me. *shrug*

Needless to say, such pulling is quite troublesome with regard to threat... and makes me twitch every time I see it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 01-04-2018

Lazy tanks that don't shield lob / tomahawk / unmend to pull and that just like to go in the middle of the pull to throw their first AoE move. Half of the time it's mess because they miss some.

Have seen a lot of those recently.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Charity322 - 01-04-2018

(01-04-2018, 04:37 AM)Valence Wrote: Lazy tanks that don't shield lob / tomahawk / unmend to pull and that just like to go in the middle of the pull to throw their first AoE move. Half of the time it's mess because they miss some.

Have seen a lot of those recently.

I've done that. Not because I was lazy, but because I ran into them too fast and just started flashing.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Valence - 01-04-2018

Ah well that's not a problem. Some tanks just casually head over to the pull without doing anything to pull properly when they have the time to make coffee and do their laundry in the meantime.