Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aysun - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 05:19 PM)Kage Wrote: FELLOW BLACKMAGES.

YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO MANAWALL SHIVA'S KNOCKBACK

IT DOES NOT MEAN THE PEOPLE YOU POINTED THAT AT CAN OR ANTICIPATE HAVING TO MOVE CAUSE YOU ARE TOO LAZY.

That said, hate it when people stand behind her and think it's the marked person's fault that they got hit.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 05:22 PM)Aysun Wrote:

IT DOES NOT MEAN THE PEOPLE YOU POINTED THAT AT CAN OR ANTICIPATE HAVING TO MOVE CAUSE YOU ARE TOO LAZY.

That said, hate it when people stand behind her and think it's the marked person's fault that they got hit.
Yes. So agreed.

Please stop taking this stupid unnecessary damage.

Especially when you slide and get frozen.

All other dps -_- And healers. -_-

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 05:25 PM)Kage Wrote:

Yes. So agreed.

Buuuut sliding.. fun!.. yay!

(12-30-2014, 05:37 PM)Nebbs Wrote:

Yes. So agreed.

If you can slide and not be frozen, good!
If you get frozen, bad! T_T

(12-30-2014, 05:40 PM)Kage Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 05:37 PM)Nebbs Wrote:

Yes. So agreed.

If you can slide and not be frozen, good!
If you get frozen, bad! T_T

WTB Sliding Floor for my room!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-30-2014

I've never actually done Shiva.

(12-30-2014, 07:34 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I've never actually done Shiva.
^ Dito - well not cleared, can't find good enough learning group

Also not even been in T8, but am now on T10 (down to 1%)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - cuideag - 12-30-2014

People who are just... hella rude and horrible during dungeons. Took the BF and some friends into CT hoping for a quick and easy clear. Turns out the majority of group B were trolls of the worst sort and could not be vote dismissed since they commanded the majority of the party. Racist slurs, homophobic comments, all sorts of garbage on top of trolling on bosses and encounters. I don't understand the point.

(12-30-2014, 08:05 PM)cuideag Wrote: People who are just... hella rude and horrible during dungeons. Took the BF and some friends into CT hoping for a quick and easy clear. Turns out the majority of group B were trolls of the worst sort and could not be vote dismissed since they commanded the majority of the party. Racist slurs, homophobic comments, all sorts of garbage on top of trolling on bosses and encounters. I don't understand the point.

Humanity, has a lot of garbage

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 12-30-2014

(12-30-2014, 08:07 PM)Nebbs Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 08:05 PM)cuideag Wrote: People who are just... hella rude and horrible during dungeons. Took the BF and some friends into CT hoping for a quick and easy clear. Turns out the majority of group B were trolls of the worst sort and could not be vote dismissed since they commanded the majority of the party. Racist slurs, homophobic comments, all sorts of garbage on top of trolling on bosses and encounters. I don't understand the point.

A lot of people seem to think the anonymity of the Internet gives them carte blanche to dig into the darkest aspects of themselves and present them as loudly as possible because they don't think they can get in trouble for it.

It's not just that. But it's the mentality that "It's just CT/ST. We can dick around."

We can be assholes.

We can talk trash.

We can make lewd asinine stupid comments.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 12-30-2014

How to turn a cool victory into a "I can't believe I'm playing this game with these fuckheads."

I'd post the screenshot but not a fan of repeating racial epithets which only occur because of Kellach's skin color.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ha'uruh Nunh - 12-30-2014

If you are a DRG or a NIN (or a MNK, though I see this less frequently), and you are using your Stun as part of your DPS rotation on a fight where Stun is needed for another purpose, please fuck off with that nonsense.

I'm looking at you, idiot Nexus-spam twats who just faceroll Ifrit and have him on DR before the final phase.  Just because you need a million lights doesn't mean you shouldn't put the modicum of effort in to not blow up the entire melee line in the final phase - you know, the deadly one, where people can get killed because you're a lazy shit.

Also looking at you, people DRing the scorpion in Sastasha HM.  Though at least there you have the minor excuse that 90% of parties won't even try to stun Tail Screw.

I save stuns for last phase only and then when I use it for the eruptions before 90%roomAOEplumes LOL FULLY RESISTED.

I'd like to keep going with my static but it's now dead and only 3 of us.

igfpqwfphqwpifh

I JUST... I need consistency and stability. I want to constantly raid. Not like HARDCORE RARG but... i need constant and consistent... and it feels like there's progress.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 12-31-2014

(12-30-2014, 08:28 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(12-30-2014, 08:07 PM)Nebbs Wrote:

A lot of people seem to think the anonymity of the Internet gives them carte blanche to dig into the darkest aspects of themselves and present them as loudly as possible because they don't think they can get in trouble for it.

It is a detachment, similar with road rage. People don't feel connected or responsible and their inner ego comes out and runs riot. Maybe RPers are a little more aware there is someone else on the other end, I don't know. But this kind of action without any self awareness or even self censoring is common in many places.