Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Healers/casters, why do you stand sixty feet away from the enemies? If they don't cleave, there's little reason to be that far away.

This irks me far more than it probably should when I'm healing as SCH. I like to stay close to the fray so my Succor can hit everyone, and I get really annoyed when that one BLM or what have you decides that standing WAAAAY on the other side of the arena is the thing to do.

I keep having to move and reposition so I can hit everyone with my mediocre AoE healing spell, or to make sure that my Fairy is in range to heal them. It gets annoying quick if they keep doing it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 03:30 PM)Nako Wrote: Doesnt the second boss on Qarn story mode drop his aggro table after a bit anyway? I have memories of where I am its target but it doing cleaves and other attacks on the other members.
He targets a random player for his sandwall column thing similar to first boss of qarn hm. He also targets another to punch and stun them. But otherwise should be on tank.

When tank died I had agro. Sorry drg, but if I'm going to be taking hard hits and you're -last- on the table, I'm not going to stand in front of it and take my shots like a tank. Cause I'm not a tank. For this run

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Less aggro-dropping and more target-focusing. He picks someone at random for his pistol barrage and I think he swings at random for the stun prior to that. Pain in the ass when he charges down a healer standing at max-cast range for some reason.

OH. VENT POST.

Healers/casters, why do you stand sixty feet away from the enemies? If they don't cleave, there's little reason to be that far away.
Qarn story doesnt have a pistol weilding second bosss... its a golem.. XD

(01-08-2015, 03:40 PM)Nako Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Less aggro-dropping and more target-focusing. He picks someone at random for his pistol barrage and I think he swings at random for the stun prior to that. Pain in the ass when he charges down a healer standing at max-cast range for some reason.

OH. VENT POST.

Healers/casters, why do you stand sixty feet away from the enemies? If they don't cleave, there's little reason to be that far away.
Qarn story doesnt have a pistol weilding second bosss... its a golem.. XD
To be fair it is sorta the same bar the Qarn Golem gemstone.
He throws up a column cleave almost and he straight up punches someone in the face forcing a knockback and stun

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-08-2015

Bleh. Mistook Qarn Story for Sastasha Hard.

My brain just filters them all into NOT SNOWCLOAK NEVER SNOWCLOAK for my expert roulettes.

(01-08-2015, 03:49 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Bleh. Mistook Qarn Story for Sastasha Hard.

My brain just filters them all into NOT SNOWCLOAK NEVER SNOWCLOAK for my expert roulettes.
I like Snowcloak. The music's so chill and I rarely have issues blowing through it except when the DPS refuses to deal with the bombs on the first boss.

... Though I had one run where the healer kept standing in the Yeti's breath and getting herself frozen in place.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-08-2015

Snowcloak might be my favorite dungeon in the game so far. It's just... great.

I don't like snowcloack because it seems like things hit hard there when everyone wants to pull all the mobs so it's annoying to heal.

Also, STUN THE HARRIERS IF YOU PULL THE WHOLE ROOM GDI

(01-08-2015, 04:03 PM)Kage Wrote: I don't like snowcloack because it seems like things hit hard there when everyone wants to pull all the mobs so it's annoying to heal.

I only find the first few enemies before the wolves hit harder than I expect them to.

No no, the ones that always shock me by how hard they hit are the pirate groups in the last room of Satasha hard mode. I can usually manage healing one group just fine, but something about adding a second group turns a manageable fight into "OH GOD, WHERE'D YOUR HEALTH GO!?"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-08-2015

Stolen from some FB thing
[Image: 10897046_415301401954663_813133366586030...g~original]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 03:08 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 03:05 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Wow, people still actually use the term "bra" in normal speaking?  O_o

I prefer "Broseidon, Ruler of the Brocean." Or "Brometheus." And someone else used "Rambro," which amused me.

BroForce. Because you asked for it.

(01-08-2015, 04:24 PM)Nebbs Wrote: Stolen from some FB thing
[Image: 10897046_415301401954663_813133366586030...g~original]

WHILE SHOOTING THE ENTIRE TIME, WITH COOLDOWNS BURNING. BECAUSE LOBAHAWK IS A 700 POTENCY ATTACK.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 04:24 PM)Nebbs Wrote: [Image: 10897046_415301401954663_813133366586030...g~original]

This. I just let BRD take it honestly. I have a strict no-chase tank policy. If a voke+tomahawk doesn't bring it back to me, it's all yours. That was your one reprieve and you done messed up.

(01-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Healers/casters, why do you stand sixty feet away from the enemies? If they don't cleave, there's little reason to be that far away.

THIS. Why?? If the mob doesn't circle AoE, I'm up on that enemy's butt no matter what class I am. Healer, BRD, other. If I take hate, all the mob does is turn around and tank can smack it right back. And I can use all my close range instant abilities like Repelling Shot or Miasma II or whatever and never ever move. Range just makes no sense if you're not in danger being near tank.

(01-08-2015, 04:03 PM)Kage Wrote: Also, STUN THE HARRIERS IF YOU PULL THE WHOLE ROOM GDI

THIS! OMG. NO DONT RUN AHEAD OF ME AND PULL SECOND GROUP YOU IDIOT. I'M A WARRIOR I ONLY HAVE 1 STUN EVERY 20s!!!! NO I CANT GET THAT SECOND HARRIER IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA GET IT! Ugh there he goes... Aevis x4 is not fun...

(01-08-2015, 04:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Ugh there he goes... Aevis x4 is not fun...

Especially as a SCH. I'm basically relegated to hammering the Succor button and hoping I don't run out of MP before everything's dead.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 04:54 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 04:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Ugh there he goes... Aevis x4 is not fun...

Especially as a SCH. I'm basically relegated to hammering the Succor button and hoping I don't run out of MP before everything's dead.

I apologize. I can only Storm's Path so many Aevis (realistically... 1) before that AoE goes off... ; ; I try so hard.