Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 04:58 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 04:54 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 04:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Ugh there he goes... Aevis x4 is not fun...

Especially as a SCH. I'm basically relegated to hammering the Succor button and hoping I don't run out of MP before everything's dead.

I apologize. I can only Storm's Path so many Aevis (realistically... 1) before that AoE goes off... ;  ; I try so hard.

Ah, don't worry. Gogon's got mad skillz, and I've been making a habit of dropping a Sacred Soil if that fourth Aevis pops up. It's actually not too bad... but I kinda like trying to help out by dropping a Shadow Flare and a Miasma II, and being stuck just spamming one move over and over again as a result is... meh-inducing, I suppose.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-08-2015

(01-08-2015, 04:54 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 04:52 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: Ugh there he goes... Aevis x4 is not fun...

Especially as a SCH. I'm basically relegated to hammering the Succor button and hoping I don't run out of MP before everything's dead.
Yep. I can only use Whispering + Covenant? and Succor so much. Also sacred soil is only just long enough when you do that with not so decent aoe players

Also, wry you pull like dat when I has no aetherflow stacks T_T;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-08-2015

Dear tank, why did you run off before I cast protect?
..Also, why did you pull everything upto the polar bear?
.... Then not use some of your awesome/ CDs?
...... And then why did you quit when asked to wait until healer finished casting prots?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kou - 01-11-2015

Ugh.
Squeenix.
You're killing me here.
My internet is perfectly fine. It is so fine, in fact, that I can play other games while my family insists on streaming Netflix.
Something on your side is very decidedly not.
I pay a sub fee to play a game, not to facedesk as I get hit with lag spike after lag spike after lag spike while there's literally nothing else BUT FFXIV clogging up my bandwidth. ;-;
(Even my patience has limits.)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Atoli - 01-11-2015

Anyone else getting "The lobby center has encountered an error"? servers y u do dis T-T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-11-2015

I wish to admit to a derp, in the hopes that perhaps one amongst the PUG I was in is perhaps reading this and knows how sorry I am.

Doing my daily "lol u suk nub" Roulettes. Brayflox pops. Super-warm group, talk back when I talk. Good stuff.

Get near the second boss and I do a HORRIBLE pull. In my defense, I thought the drake in the back was tied with the pugil. It wasn't. The drake, two birds and three pugils come over to say hello.

We all made it, on the strength of some excellent healing, some very alert Sleep casting and just generally excellent adaptation. I apologized and everyone was cool with it, but still...I own my fails and figured to do that here.

I sorry my PUG. But thank you. You got me my first Soldiery gear. <3

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Lady Rivienne - 01-11-2015

When people think my Lala is a child.
When people do not take her seriously.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 01:12 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: We all made it, on the strength of some excellent healing, some very alert Sleep casting and just generally excellent adaptation. I apologized and everyone was cool with it, but still...I own my fails and figured to do that here.

I mean, if no one died and you kept hate I don't see the fail. ^^

As a tank you've got to make split-second judgement calls all the time and you're bound to make the wrong call occasionally. As long as your team makes it through, just make a mental note of "okay, let's not do that again" and carry on.

I've lost count of all the times I've panicked and popped Holmgang prematurely and ended up getting myself killed because I popped Holmgang. -_-

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 01:12 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I wish to admit to a derp, in the hopes that perhaps one amongst the PUG I was in is perhaps reading this and knows how sorry I am.

Doing my daily "lol u suk nub" Roulettes.  Brayflox pops.  Super-warm group, talk back when I talk.  Good stuff.

Get near the second boss and I do a HORRIBLE pull.  In my defense, I thought the drake in the back was tied with the pugil.  It wasn't.  The drake, two birds and three pugils come over to say hello.

We all made it, on the strength of some excellent healing, some very alert Sleep casting and just generally excellent adaptation.  I apologized and everyone was cool with it, but still...I own my fails and figured to do that here.

I sorry my PUG.  But thank you.  You got me my first Soldiery gear.  <3

*hugs*

Sometimes stuff goes wrong, and the party pulls through. It is a good thing as no one is perfect.

Expect issues and you will do better than only accepting perfection. Or.. Best is the enemy of better.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 01:31 PM)R.Delacroux Wrote: When people think my Lala is a child.

Now you know the pains I go through with Koporo.

HE IS 37 YEARS OLD.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Lady Rivienne - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 03:13 PM)Edgar Wrote:

HE IS 37 YEARS OLD.

I experienced it the first time yesterday! It's terrible. Lol mine is a grown woman! -- just in a small body is all. Heart

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 01-11-2015

(01-11-2015, 03:35 PM)R.Delacroux Wrote:
(01-11-2015, 03:13 PM)Edgar Wrote:

HE IS 37 YEARS OLD.

I experienced it the first time yesterday! It's terrible. Lol mine is a grown woman! -- just in a small body is all. Heart
I love when I break Kopo's age to people. I get both IC and OOC responses, and they are universally the same:

"YOU'RE OLD."
"Yes I am. Point?"
"YOU'RE A LALAFELL."
"Hey, that Roegadyn over there is 50."
"YOU'RE OLD."
"..."

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Mithril Specs - 01-11-2015

Two words: server lag...or whatever it is that causes everyone to just flash step around and every AOE to hit me in the face, no matter how far out of the red I am. And today did start so well with a quick roulette run of CM - no lag no nothing, so it beats me where the lag spike came from so suddenly.

Really, the last boss in Dzemael is just impossible when the latency goes down the drain...and getting snide remarks even after explaining my situation didn't help matters either. Just abandoned ship after the tank pulled a rage quit on the rest of us, wasn't worth any more time and frustration :/

But props to the WHM for being a peach and swiftcast-raising my sorry ass every time.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-11-2015

Curse all of you for making me want to play my Lala. She's a mite bit younger (26) but still far from a child!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Foxling - 01-11-2015

Popping in for a quick rant...

Auto blame on DRGs. Only had this once so far, hoping it doesn't happen again.

Let me set the scene for you... Running AV because I switched GC and needed to do it. Fine, i've done it before as a DRG, easy enough.

First room. Tank pulls the frog and a nearby set of enemies. Fine. Then proceeds to body pull another set. Okay, can still work with that. MNK starts spamming aoe, I primarily stick to single target rotation because the tank looks pretty shaky with aggro. Use ring of thorns probably twice, I never personally draw aggro off of the tank.

Anyway, that lot goes down. Tank proceeds to rush off, grabs another set of enemies body pulls another set. Okay, round two of this then. I got one ring of thorns off and then switched to single targeting an enemy that took off after the healer. Tank has meanwhile body pulled another set of enemies and the MNK is aoe spamming.

We end up wiping.

Who gets blamed for the wipe? Me. If I was being blamed for not adding aoe DPS I would happily accept that the wipe was my fault. But no. I get blamed for the wipe for using too many aoe attacks. The MNK was spamming aoe but no, must be DRGs fault because lol DRG, right? Then the healer starts making comments about how i'm a noob and can't do my job, the tank starts making comments about how they're on T11 and are too good for this sort of failure. 

I don’t mind running with PuGs most of the time but it’s runs like that that really make me dislike the whole system.