Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-14-2015

Poor Sounsyy ; ;

Yeah that's a bummer.

When I did my Qarn and had not so good BLM he was doing Fire 1 Flare. Fire II Fire II Flare. And all sorts of weird things. He said his game was having issues or some such (also had periods of 30 sec or more of not casting -anything-). Some scathes. I... I don't know if he -had- a rotation @_@

I was too busy healing the PLD who insisted on grabbing more mobs when you essentially only have <1.5 dps.

ALSO seriously, stop getting them mummy stacks. Tank got mummified 3 times. THREE TIMES OMG. NIN 2x (I think he expected the tank to get safe) and well, I let the BLM die cause I was tired of healing a pretty non-existent DD

Now that I have my magitek weapon I feel like I must go forth and blow shit up everywhere.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ja'ren A'lenthin - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 09:47 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Just a grumbly-warning from an irate healer here.

If you want to make big pulls on mobs, PLEASE try to establish aggro on things as you move on. Circle of Scorn, an Overpower or two, drop SOMETHING besides just a single Flash and then running on. I'd like to heal you, but becomes difficult when suddenly half the moving pack decides I'm REAL interesting now and now I have to heal myself AND you while you're still moving full tilt into the next pack.

And as an addendum on this, if there's something stuck on me. STAYS stuck on me, and the only reason you finally bother to pull it off me and DEAL with it is because the door won't open until it's dead? AND then get smarmy with me when I ask if they're going to grab the dude hitting me while they're running for the still-closed door?

... I'm suddenly going to REALLY prioritize healing myself the next time it happens. Even at the cost of everyone dying. Especially when that next time is the next big pull where you use a single Flash again as your aggro grab and then let both bats beat on me while you play ring-around-the-spike-trap.

Also having a Hard Gay reference in your Provoke macro is dumb. Especially when you have it as "Wooooooh!" instead of "Fuuuuuuuuu~". And triply so if you're a terrible tank.

Also, thank you tunneling DPS that didn't notice the mobs hitting me either and not at least trying to pull them off. I'm a healer. I'll heal you, especially if you're saving my bacon. I can't (and most likely won't) heal you when I have to heal myself to keep from dying.

Basically this was my Qarn HM last night cept the tank stood in the spikes and died faster than I could blink. Kinda funny I bet, considering we had just done a big pull no problem - the guy didn't do anymore big pulls after that.

C'mon tanks, yeah use the spikes but don't stand in them, if you're suddenly dying RATHER FAST - maybe you should check where you're standing?

Also, healers, during the cactus boss - ads spawn? Don't kite them for gods sake, go stand on the tank so they can flash and grab them. Undecided

Makes life so much easier for all of us - and the fight goes that much faster.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 12:56 PM)Ja Wrote: Also, healers, during the cactus boss - ads spawn? Don't kite them for gods sake, go stand on the tank so they can flash and grab them. Undecided

There's some "burn" method people have been doing where the healer kites all the adds now, and then DPS nukes the boss. It's....problematic.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:01 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 12:56 PM)Ja Wrote: Also, healers, during the cactus boss - ads spawn? Don't kite them for gods sake, go stand on the tank so they can flash and grab them. Undecided

There's some "burn" method people have been doing where the healer kites all the adds now, and then DPS nukes the boss. It's....problematic.

Yeah... I've veto'd that strategy the few times DPS have brought it up. Contrary to popular belief, tank still takes a lot of damage from Emperatz and I'd much rather have a healer than hope DPS can kill boss before he kills me. Cuz if that healer has to stop to cure me, they're gonna get ganked.

(01-14-2015, 01:07 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:01 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:

Yeah... I've veto'd that strategy the few times DPS have brought it up. Contrary to popular belief, tank still takes a lot of damage from Emperatz and I'd much rather have a healer than hope DPS can kill boss before he kills me. Cuz if that healer has to stop to cure me, they're gonna get ganked.
This yes.

The tank just takes too much damage and DPS can't dodge the 30k needle aoe either. A Healer can't keep the tank up and stupid dps cause they get hit right before Guardia comes up AND KITE.

Just.

No.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-14-2015

The only boss I'll healer kite is that one ant princess in Cutter's Cry. That's it.

By the way tanks, I know some of you don't do too much damage but FUCK THE ADDS IN THE 2ND SASTASHA HM BOSS. THEY DON'T HIT THAT HARD.

YOU KNOW WHAT HITS HARD? THE BOSS SHOOTING WITH SO MANY STACKS IT HURTS MORE THAN NAEL'S 5 CLAW ATTACK DOES -_-

HIT THE BOSS AND FUCK THE ADDS WHEN HE'S SHOOTING.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:17 PM)Kage Wrote: By the way tanks, I know some of you don't do too much damage

Perks of Being STR WAR #457:
Being able to instantly shut Zomble Madison down with an Inner Beast.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:28 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:17 PM)Kage Wrote: By the way tanks, I know some of you don't do too much damage

Perks of being a WAR in that fight in general:

Storm's Eye for increased damage output.
Berserk for increased damage output.
Unchained for increased damage output.
Infuriate so that you don't have to waste Wrath stacks on popping Unchained instead of going straight to Inner Beast.
Fracture, a traited DoT worth using. 
Vengeance, so that the boss dies just a little bit sooner.
Brutal Swing, an off-GCD stun to pop for just a bit more damage.

Compare that to PLD's Sword Oath, Spirits Within, and Circle of Scorn. /SHRUGS

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 01-14-2015

(01-13-2015, 08:28 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Expert dungeons loot table grumble meter.

Crafting material - YESSSSSSSSSSSS STOCKPILE THIS SHIT.

So yeah drop more crafting mats pls

[Image: Grumpy-Cat-no-Meme-5.jpg]

If you're really happy about beating Kraken in Sastasha, and getting a few Popotoes for your efforts, all glory to you, but still NO.

(01-14-2015, 01:28 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:

I was being facetious about that @_@

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:45 PM)Telluride Wrote:
(01-13-2015, 08:28 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Expert dungeons loot table grumble meter.

Agreed, holy shit. Ridiculously high drop rates for crafting mats is why collecting a full gear set for glamour (or leveling, if the person in question is new) from Brayflox HM, Halatali HM, Lost City of Amdapor, Stone Vigil HM, Tam-Tara HM, or Hullbreaker Isle is so infuriatingly difficult.

The drop rate for mats and the respective drop rate for antique tokens for the latest set of dungeons is finally well-tuned, IMO... or maybe that's a false impression because tokens make getting the exact piece you want that much easier.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Berrod Armstrong - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 01:49 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 01:45 PM)Telluride Wrote:

Agreed, holy shit. Ridiculously high drop rates for crafting mats is why collecting a full gear set for glamour (or leveling, if the person in question is new) from Brayflox HM, Halatali HM, Lost City of Amdapor, Stone Vigil HM, Tam-Tara HM, or Hullbreaker Isle is so infuriatingly difficult.

The drop rate for mats and the respective drop rate for antique tokens for the latest set of dungeons is finally well-tuned, IMO... or maybe that's a false impression because tokens make getting the exact piece you want that much easier.
I think it's the latter! The token system makes things so much easier. It was a good move on their part. That way we can get the best of both worlds!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 01-14-2015

The token system really is nice, one piece being able to become many. Less runs trying to get one specific item on a lengthy item table. Of course, it being multipurpose can also mean more folks rolling on it, but it's definitely a step up.

One has to wonder if such patterns will continue, or if it will solely be for outdated tome gear. Could this be the fate for the weathered gear - or even the magitek replicas?

Oddly enough, I don't mind the crafting materials at times. If they sell well. Sucks getting, like, the Dalamud Popotoes, which are worth either jack or squat. Not valuable enough for both.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Devereau - 01-14-2015

Can we talk about when you set up a PF, and the party leader is doing a clear and doesn't set up a lot table, but says they are there for one item, and everyone is cool with passing on it, except that one crappy floor tile that was wiping you for an hour, that you know inevitably gets the item, then always feels the need to be like, "D:! I am sorry!"

You know, even though you were waiting there for a minute to roll. I mean. At least be happy you got it. Saying sorry almost makes it worse. 

I had to watch that happen to someone the other day and it made me vicariously irate.