Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Telluride - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 02:01 PM)Gegenji Wrote: Oddly enough, I don't mind the crafting materials at times. If they sell well. Sucks getting, like, the Dalamud Popotoes, which are worth either jack or squat. Not valuable enough for both.

That's the big IF, because anything depending on the Market for its value will become worthless when the stuff drops again and again for the hundreds of people running the duties, and who don't need popotoes.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-14-2015

OH Something else!

Why oh why do the Allagan clones get to be so OP?

One of them wears the HA fending chest, uses the HA BLM staff, and casts aero.

WTF?!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-14-2015

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=749421&d=1375659468]

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Caspar - 01-15-2015

RNG makes me sad!

Not for me. No no, I'm very lucky. My coil group is not so lucky though. I'm getting like everything and the other DPS get almost nothing. I've gotten three items for my secondary class before the bard got even one drop. It's so unfair and I feel bad for them. :(

My monk is i124, and I just got yet another drop. (Boots) I want to spread out the loot, but luck is not in our favor.

The worst part is that for t13, health is important, and they have to spend big money on crafted accessories to make up for it,

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 02:35 AM)Caspar Wrote: RNG makes me sad!

Not for me. No no, I'm very lucky. My coil group is not so lucky though. I'm getting like everything and the other DPS get almost nothing. I've gotten three items for my secondary class before the bard got even one drop. It's so unfair and I feel bad for them. Sad

My monk is i124, and I just got yet another drop. (Boots) I want to spread out the loot, but luck is not in our favor.

The worst part is that for t13, health is important, and they have to spend big money on crafted accessories to make up for it,

Yea, I ended up buying most of my gear. With RNG and being a casual pve sort you dont get drops. I still have no drop from moogle hm. I also see lots of craft and gather and desynth where 70% seems like 20% over several trys.

I much prefer effort to equal reward rather than dumb RNG.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Caspar - 01-15-2015

I like the excitement of random drops. I think however it is a drag that some of the best in slot distribution is rather uneven this time around. For instance, most of my best gear is Poetic, as a monk, on the left side, and coil on the right side. (But kind of a tossup)
But for bard a lot of Poetic gear is very bad. The bard in our group finally got a coil drop and it was the nigh useless Dreadwyrm Choker. (Accuracy Skillspeed) which was inferior in damage output even with higher primary stat to what he already had.

I think in general, they should have maybe distributed stats a little more evenly so that the best gear combination was either subjective, or 50/50 coil and poetics. I know that's hard to do, but it's the most fair thing. That way, people who are fine without having the absolute BEST BEST BEST item in every slot can get by with just poetics, and those who want to gear optimally for raiding aren't disadvantaged uniquely on a basis of class.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-15-2015

what do you mean SE can't itemize for shit/has too many useless stats

*points to SMNs*

I've pretty much stopped doing Experts at this point. "But muh poetics?" who gives a shit I'm not getting into Coil anytime soon and likely as not the same reason keeping me out of Coil will keep me out of WoD until I'm MONTHS BEHIND.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 02:35 AM)Caspar Wrote: RNG makes me sad!

Not for me. No no, I'm very lucky. My coil group is not so lucky though. I'm getting like everything and the other DPS get almost nothing. I've gotten three items for my secondary class before the bard got even one drop. It's so unfair and I feel bad for them. Sad

This is the story of our static as well. Our SMN gets ALL the loot, and everything else is duplicate drops week after week. I think half our raid has the healing helm and tonban now, as well as the striking belt. Casting and aiming boots are also a frequent turn up. I think we've seen only two new pieces of loot from 10-12 for three weeks in a row now. OTL

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aysun - 01-15-2015

Bard queues.

KJFDASDKJFANASKDJ

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 06:44 PM)Aysun Wrote: Bard queues.

KJFDASDKJFANASKDJ

DPS queues in general.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Devereau - 01-15-2015

I just want to complain about SMN some more. God dammit, SMN. 

Also all of the chest options from this tier have Spell speed. 

Spell speed.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-15-2015

(01-15-2015, 06:45 PM)Melkire Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 06:44 PM)Aysun Wrote: Bard queues.

KJFDASDKJFANASKDJ

DPS queues in general.

Have always been trash and will forever be trash until tanking and healing is fun for everyone. Cross-MMOs.

PF pls stop making me feel bad about myself that I don't want to subject myself to coil/current content because I'm too much of a coward to actually do it with people I don't know and I suck ass at watching video tutorials (like, legit, tell me how the mechanics work and I'll be fine, but watching a video is booty)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-16-2015

A friend linked me this. #marriageproblems

[Image: 51433792b8.jpg]

So venting against all them deadbeat husbands out there! >=U

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sable Welkin - 01-17-2015

Encountered my first 'attack' running Brayflox yesterday as a CNJ. Didn't bother getting WHM since I only wanted Stoneskin and I healed fine despite struggling a bit for reasons I'll state in a moment.

I was grouped with a PLD, MNK, and BRD. PLD couldn't keep aggro for anyone's business. It was so bad, she and I died within the second mob pull because I pulled while trying to heal and she couldn't get it off me.

Second time was in the large swamp area and she died because there were mobs on EVERYONE ELSE and her. Again, I pulled some mobs and then the MNK pulled a few other mobs, so I was forced to heal THREE people who were taking massive damage, and well, my swiftcast + cure 2 didn't hit her in time. She obviously got mad at me and I was questioned and lectured by the MNK about why I wasn't a WHM and how healing and mana was better. All I said was I don't think me being a WHM would have made a difference because yeah, I'm aware, since I've played WHM before in a previous character to get stoneskin, but unless me being a WHM would have her auto-gain enmity and everyone full health, I don't think me being a WHM would have meant balls. Frustrated

Funnily enough I actually got 2 commendations when I left the dungeon.Laugh

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 01-17-2015

Well, the jobs DO give significant stat bonuses over their classes... but that doesn't sound like it was the issue. Bad aggro management.