Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Spethah - 01-23-2015

Tries to do FATEs for Animus, no one holds for 20 seconds despite me pleading and even willing to PAY them for it. Repeat that 5 times.

The gear that does drop gets stolen by a dragoon thaT SAID HE WOULD PASS ON IT AND THEN LEAVES THE DUNGEON WITH A "HUE".

Also those people in ST that have quite a few new people yet expect them to work perfectly like they've done this hundreds of times before.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 01-23-2015

PVP QUEUES. WTF IS THIS SE I'M A TANK I DON'T SIT IN QUEUES

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Majidae - 01-24-2015

Been doing the early three dungeons over and over to level my alt, who's a healer. Since I'd taken such a long break, I happened to forget the trials of being a healer in this game, and thus, have encountered the full spectrum of shitty tanks.

Best ones:

- Refused to acknowledge me and the other two DPS, who were drawing aggro more often then he was, up until we wiped on the final boss of Sastasha. At this point he demanded to know why I hadn't 'been healing more'. I replied that when I'm focusing on trying to heal the whole damn party because of patchy aggro, it's hard to keep anybody's health at full or near it. He then said that I should 'take more action to protect myself then'. So we vote kicked him from the party. Just me taking action. :)

- Was doing hunts on a separate account and would periodically ask us to wait for minutes at a time while he did them. Also asked if I was a girl, then refused to believe my answer because I was playing a male Elezen, and apparently women only play Miqo'te. News to me?

- Ran straight ahead as soon as the cut scene was over and into the 'wall', and continued to do so until we booted him. Poorly coded bot, maybe?

I'd kind of hoped the dungeons had gotten better with time but, haha, apparently not?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 01-24-2015

(01-23-2015, 11:52 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: PVP QUEUES. WTF IS THIS SE I'M A TANK I DON'T SIT IN QUEUES

Following on from PvP...

PvP as a melee DPS class is very frustrating. Ranged classes have a pretty major advantage and so far I've spent most of my time just standing next to allied healers to defend them against anybody that tries to assault them.

I can't wait for the Machinist class so I can join the ranks of the ranged DPS!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aysun - 01-24-2015

(01-22-2015, 10:21 PM)Enteris Wrote: This has been mentioned before iirc, but...

Those bards that think Shield Lob is sufficient threat to be able to just go ape shit on the mob as I'm still moving to grab the second (and sometimes third) group for the AoE fun....

Those tanks that want me to wait until they shield lob+Flash+combo before I touch the mobs. Sad

Nah really those bards that rip hate off you doing that are just dumb. I pop all my CDs immediately when I go, but the way I weave it with normal attacks and you know, QUELLING STRIKES, I usually don't rip unless the tank isn't actively trying to hold.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 12:45 AM)Aysun Wrote:
(01-22-2015, 10:21 PM)Enteris Wrote: This has been mentioned before iirc, but...

Those bards that think Shield Lob is sufficient threat to be able to just go ape shit on the mob as I'm still moving to grab the second (and sometimes third) group for the AoE fun....

Those tanks that want me to wait until they shield lob+Flash+combo before I touch the mobs. Sad

Nah really those bards that rip hate off you doing that are just dumb. I pop all my CDs immediately when I go, but the way I weave it with normal attacks and you know, QUELLING STRIKES, I usually don't rip unless the tank isn't actively trying to hold.

^ Quelling Strikes is very important.
As BRD I don't start burning on Lobahawk alone, but I don't wait for a rotation either. Cuz honestly with some tanks that may never come. Once I see mobs turn red, I'm burning full tilt (with Quelling). Damage needs to be done eventually and unfortunately some tanks just never do grab aggro sufficiently. Was doing the new dungeons as BRD today to get glamour and a couple of the tanks still didn't seem to understand the importance of hate generation. I mean, I don't mind tanking a few mobs as BRD, especially when I know my healer, but IDK maybe I'm crazy here but I don't think I should have to at that level?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 01:17 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:

As BRD I don't start burning on Lobahawk alone, but I don't wait for a rotation either. Cuz honestly with some tanks that may never come. Once I see mobs turn red, I'm burning full tilt (with Quelling). Damage needs to be done eventually and unfortunately some tanks just never do grab aggro sufficiently. Was doing the new dungeons as BRD today to get glamour and a couple of the tanks still didn't seem to understand the importance of hate generation. I mean, I don't mind tanking a few mobs as BRD, especially when I know my healer, but IDK maybe I'm crazy here but I don't think I should have to at that level?
Overpower, Overpower /all/ the things

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aysun - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 01:24 AM)Nako Wrote:

BUT YOU HAVE TO POSITION FOR OVERPOWER AND I GET YELLED AT IF I SHOOT IT BEFORE THE OVERPOWER GOES OFF. ;-;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 01:29 AM)Aysun Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 01:24 AM)Nako Wrote:

BUT YOU HAVE TO POSITION FOR OVERPOWER AND I GET YELLED AT IF I SHOOT IT BEFORE THE OVERPOWER GOES OFF. ;-;
if the first move out of a WAR on a pack of mobs isn't overpower or steel cyclone, then something is wrong. (after the tomahawk)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enteris - 01-24-2015

I definitely dont expect dps to wait for a full combo or anything but at least letting me even see the second group on my screen before you (general) open up with blood for blood and every other cool down up and throwing everything you got at the mob.

Some pulls have space between them... such as the first and second pulls in sunken temple hard. I'm glad you're (general) able to fully dps while moving... I'm not sitting around and getting beat on by the mobs until I have both groups aggroed. You (general) can wait that extra 10 or so seconds.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ha'uruh Nunh - 01-24-2015

People who go to the first teleporter in CT/ST and spam at it until the rest of the group walks to wherever.  Are you seriously that lazy?  And if so, why not wait until you see the "The Allagan teleporter is activated" message?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 09:55 AM)Hauruh Nunh Wrote: People who go to the first teleporter in CT/ST and spam at it until the rest of the group walks to wherever.  Are you seriously that lazy?  And if so, why not wait until you see the "The Allagan teleporter is activated" message?

...I can't say I've ever seen that, but that is STUPENDOUSLY lazy. Come ON. ><

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 10:42 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote:
(01-24-2015, 09:55 AM)Hauruh Nunh Wrote: People who go to the first teleporter in CT/ST and spam at it until the rest of the group walks to wherever.  Are you seriously that lazy?  And if so, why not wait until you see the "The Allagan teleporter is activated" message?

...I can't say I've ever seen that, but that is STUPENDOUSLY lazy. Come ON. ><

Ohhhh it happens. So frequently in fact, it made it into the CT drinking game. Actually, now that spamming CT>ST>WoD is a thing again, I think it's only appropriate I (re)introduce you to the CT Drinking Game!

There's also an Extreme Mode CT Drinking Game for when you really just need to be drunk by the second boss. And for all of you non-drinkers, there's Crystal Tower Bingo so you don't feel left out of the fun. ^^

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kahn'a - 01-24-2015

DF Tanks. And not all those tanks, no. But a lot of tanks.

Yes you're beefy. That's true, I kind of like how you have five-digits HP. And your new upgraded relic is wicked, I agree.

HOWEVER.

This does not make running instances a one-man show. The rest of the team relies on you for a smooth experience...but so do you, and I feel that is something you all too often slight as a secondhand matter as you sit on a throne of false domination over the run.

We are damage dealers, we are healers, and you are a tank; we all work together to have some fun and acquire some booty. We respect you, so let's please make sure that it goes both ways.

So. When your healer says they cannot keep you up on ridiculously long pulls, especially in new content, and that you see one or both of your damage dealers struggling to either stay alive or keep pumping the damage, could you please reconsider you game plan for the next 30 minutes? Could you please listen to suggestions, requests? Could you please actually bite your tongue and grow the patience not to speedrun everything when somebody is new to the duty?

It is a simple addition to do, really, but if you only play tanks, it's not one you can do. A damage dealer willing to run through a dungeon sometimes has to invest up to twice the required time to actually clear it, yes this is called queue time. It's not so bad really, the game provides you with loads of side activities to get yourself busy as you wait for the ding, after all.

HOWEVER.

You singlehandedly have the power to make such a wait stupidly irritating by simply refusing to go through it, for whatever reasons. Please consider not queuing if you cannot commit for at least half the duty timer on a dungeon with people you do not know, as there is no telling what quality of players you will get.

Patience, DF Tanks. That's what a lot of you lack.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-25-2015

Instance bots.

Why?

SE please implement captchas to get into instances XD