Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 04:21 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 04:16 PM)Kage Wrote: I got the fuck out of dodge after bowing to the WHM and the PLD who stopped pulling so much when he realized the BLM was not listening and just was DPSing less than the WHM who had to HEAL AND DPS.

I never know if I should feel proud or disappointed when I out-DPS the DPS on my SCH.

Be proud. Embrace the deeps. Always embrace the deeps.

So, I JUST got out of the most horrific DF Keeper of the Lake Hyp had to offer today. I went in as SCH cuz I want dungeon gear for glamour right? Oh dear lord. Might I preface this by saying that at the start, no one said they were new to the dungeon.

So first set of trash tank flashes and nothing else it seems. BRD naturally rips hate off a mob and begins kiting. Tank proceeds to spin the next few sets of trash adds in a circle the entirety of their lifespam. I guess to punish the MNK for the BRD taking hate??? IDK.

First boss was awesome. Tank walks up to the boss to achieve aggro. Flashes once like 6 seconds later. Then proceeds to turn the boss to face party members in time for its cleave. When the big bombs drop, Tank proceeds to run to the big bomb and position it in between herself and the boss. Naturally, as the healer, I'm panicking trying to keep everyone topped off as the Tank decides this is the thing to do and decides to stack on top of exploding bombs small and large and is not satisfied running around the arena until she set them all off on top of herself. So in between Lustrate spams and hair pulling, I'm trying to explain that boss + bombs = bad and that no raid wide damage whatsoever will be taken if you tank boss against a far wall and push all the bombs elsewhere. 2 wipes later we finally scrape a win.

Second boss and trash goes about as well as could be expected for having a tank that stands in every AoE thrown at her and facing cleaves into the party.

But that last boss... how! How is it even statistically possible to get hit by every single AoE in the fight always?! On top of facing the dragons inwards so they breathed on the whole party whenever the opportunity presented itself, there was also the stand in blue, stand in orange, stand in shiny, but don't stand in invincible. No not good AoEs. So I can only describe the fight like this:

Tank died. Raised and recovered. BRD died. Recovered. Eos died. Got her back - she doesn't get to dip out if I don't!! BRD died again. Recovered. MNK died at the end - unable to LB. I was begging for aetherflow cooldown the entire fight. @_@

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-30-2015

I think I would have actually eaten the 30 min penalty for that @_@
Do these dungeons mention new/fast completion bonus?

Anyway, I had a tank similar. Tank doesn't flash much. Doesn't mark. I have to constantly change which mob I can actually hit because lolaggro. But oh man LAST BOSS Big Grin They just tanked the dragons. Right there. Being in the middle. Not facing the wall. Yay conals! T_T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 01-30-2015

The new ones do not, I guess because everyone is new so theres no bonus I guess?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 09:28 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 09:21 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: So, uh, my ex is flabbergasted about how anyone could not have cleared T9 by now.

And I'm just sitting here like "uh... I haven't?"

Grumble grumble.

I've yet to clear T5. I know what to do, I've simply been unlucky with duty finder groups and finding a raid community to join is difficult because they usually shun EU players even when my game time is fairly flexible.
I've yet to clear T2.

It's less about what you have or have not cleared and more about if you're shitting on players because of content they have not cleared even if they're months behind, you might not be a person I want to play with even if we are the bestest of friends.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-31-2015

if you're gonna fucking screw around when you have RL relationships that don't like you screwing around online or in a game (and it's not RP), don't fucking take it out on your free company and over 80 other fucking people when your wife finds out and you decide that 80 other fucking people are going to lose out on a Rank 8 FC with a medium plot and over 1 million fc points

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Atoli - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 06:09 PM)Kage Wrote: if you're gonna fucking screw around when you have RL relationships that don't like you screwing around online or in a game (and it's not RP), don't fucking take it out on your free company and over 80 other fucking people when your wife finds out and you decide that 80 other fucking people are going to lose out on a Rank 8 FC with a medium plot and over 1 million fc points

Sad People can be selfish, it's as simple as that, I've learned.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enla - 01-31-2015

*bashes head in* I will not complain about a lowbie dungeon run. I will not complain about a lowbie dungeon run. I will not... I forgot how trying it can be to be a healer...

And Kage that's just... Ugh... D: I'm sorry that happened, people are dicks.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 01-31-2015

Today I continued farming AK for glamour gear on SCH. Today I have more rants.
  • Tanks who big pull and do not buff.
  • Tanks who big pull and neither buff nor use the environment (aka vines) to their advantage.
  • Tanks who big pull and neither buff nor remove their arses from AoEs.
  • Tanks who ask if everyone is "gucchi with this fight" then proceed to do something stupid like get a statue killed with auto attacks and eat 5 stacks of vulnerability.
  • DPS who cannot be bothered to deal with mechanics, yet expect to be healed through mechanics.
  • Tanks who, because they did something stupid in the first boss, feel the need to explain the intricacies of each boss fight before entering, in spite of insistent crit adlos and no one being new to said dungeon.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 01-31-2015

>Wasting crit adlos T_T

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 02-01-2015

Yoooo I just ran a WP HM with a ninja that never used ninjutsu... like what the hell is that all about man did you just not do any of your job quests? (She did, she used Huton twice. TWICE. In the whole dungeon.) Slackers can't become Hocage like that, fuck outta here with that nonsense.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 02-01-2015

Last night was a WoD run with mah man Z-kitty because he asked and I offered. Super-clean ride all the way--even the idiotic "All DPS in the belly" strategy worked out well, though it didn't seem to improve kill speed but whatever...

Then we get to the Cloud.

Hoo man, the meteors during the last phase just were giving us HELL. I dunno man, something about that step just tries people. Actually, in general, the attitudes of folks I've had the displeasure of riding alongside in CT runs has been more and more vitriolic.

Next person who refers to a fun series of fights in a videogame as "a job" gets blacklisted. Throttle back if this is becoming work for you. Or better yet, log the hell off and walk away. No videogame is a job. Ever. And the rewards will be waiting for you.

Dumbass.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 02-01-2015

Meteor phase screws groups often because it's a phase that requires communication. I know personally that the meteors are coming at one point below 50% - I don't know exactly when, in what pattern and who's gonna actually cover them.

And the Dark Cloud/Storm meteor phase is the worst one because then either people ignore the meteors because they didn't see them (...guilty as charged) or they rush the meteors ignoring the clouds, wiping on the raid-wide damage.

WoD's fun, but that fight? I could do without (I could do without any fight I can't punch a boss in the ass personally).

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Miryn - 02-03-2015

I just dislike the CoD fight because of all the running around I have to do as DRG. At least the music is boss. It soothes me even through multiple wipes.

There was a time when I got into Sunken Temple HM on PLD, asked "How much do you want me to pull?" and got "just f*cking go" in response. I'm damned if I don't ask and damned if I do ask. What am I supposed to do ; ; I am pretty thankful both dps were my FCmates, they kept my temper in check.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Caspar - 02-03-2015

(01-31-2015, 06:09 PM)Kage Wrote: if you're gonna fucking screw around when you have RL relationships that don't like you screwing around online or in a game (and it's not RP), don't fucking take it out on your free company and over 80 other fucking people when your wife finds out and you decide that 80 other fucking people are going to lose out on a Rank 8 FC with a medium plot and over 1 million fc points
Whaaat? You gotta be kidding me. That's crazy. o_o Is that what happened to you? I would be very upset if I lost my house and private room. I'm sorry to hear it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-04-2015

FoM saw me counting my PVP Roulette time last night. Ended up logging when I hit the 70 minute mark.

With all languages enabled.

WITH JOIN IN PROGRESS CHECKED.

SE needs to fix their god damned metrics for this stuff: I've sat in PVP queues for 30 minutes before to get a 7 minute elapsed fight pop up. It wasn't even someone dropping, I joined a 5 person team in 8v8v8 secure (that we ended up winning).

Please, please please abolish GC-based groupings. It's killing the game. I shouldn't have to wait more than an hour in queue to do an event that takes maybe 10 minutes.