Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 09:59 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Please, please please abolish FC-based groupings. It's killing the game. I shouldn't have to wait more than an hour in queue to do an event that takes maybe 10 minutes.

FC-based or GC-based?

Because if you're talking about a bunch of folks grouping up to PvP together, they'd just make a DF or LS or something else instead if they weren't allowed to be in an FC together. WoW had it all the time - a "static" group of PvPers that would roll on up and just demolish those folks just PuGin' it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 10:17 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 09:59 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Please, please please abolish FC-based groupings. It's killing the game. I shouldn't have to wait more than an hour in queue to do an event that takes maybe 10 minutes.

FC-based or GC-based?

Because if you're talking about a bunch of folks grouping up to PvP together, they'd just make a DF or LS or something else instead if they weren't allowed to be in an FC together. WoW had it all the time - a "static" group of PvPers that would roll on up and just demolish those folks just PuGin' it.

Whoops. In my defense, those letters ARE literally directly next to each other in a qwertyboard.

...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It's just frustrating to lose 1/3 of my night to waiting in an unending line.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 02-04-2015

*tweets whistle, throws the flag*

Naming names in a post: removal of offending posts, 10 yard penalty, 5 points from Ravenclaw. Tongue

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 12:32 PM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: *tweets whistle, throws the flag*

Naming names in a post: removal of offending posts, 10 yard penalty, 5 points from Ravenclaw. Tongue

Ah jeez, broke my own rules, didn't I?

(12-17-2014, 01:09 PM)Gegenji Wrote: 1.) First and foremost, do not name names. In fact, if you think posting your grievances will start a flame war with someone else on the forum, don't do it. Or, if some otherworldly force compels you to post it anyway, make it as vague as possible. Say "the healer" did this or "the tank" did that, or that "the DPS" screwed up royally.

2.) Don't poke the bearbehemoth. Conversation over the events posted are fine, but if people start taking it personally or getting heated? Drop it and move on.

3.) This thread isn't for getting on your soapbox. Just venting. Talk about that one time the Ninja thought this was FFXI and tried to tank. Do not talk about how all Ninjas are dumb and SE made a mistake by implementing them.

Blush

Back to generic ranting!

I continue to have... interesting runs in WoD and its two sister-instances that make up the weekly. We've already heavily covered tank fights and people standing in stuff and the like...

What about impatient folks? I had an ST run where one of the NIN apparently thought we weren't pulling soon enough for them so they'd run out and throw knives at the mobs and bosses. When it got brought up and I pointed out who was doing it (I was healer, so I could stand back and see who all the mobs where chasing in the initial chaos)... they called me "retarded for treating ST like T13."

They had the title for clearing Coil too, if I recognize my titles correctly. Apparently 2pro4ST. Still, you'd figure someone who had cleared Coil would understand that early pulls and the like just cause more problems than help.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-04-2015

Objection, your Honor. Could a sterilized version of the post be submitted instead? The personal reasoning can go, but that IS a fairly reasonable thing to be warned about if an FC now has a reputation of screwing people out of their 300k for the room and mass-wiping everyone from the group. I know I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a head's up about that sort of reputation.

Shaming for "This drg is dum he died to aoe he suks" isn't the same as "This person intentionally booted people and effectively stole from them."

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 12:42 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Objection, your Honor. Could a sterilized version of the post be submitted instead? The personal reasoning can go, but that IS a fairly reasonable thing to be warned about if an FC now has a reputation of screwing people out of their 300k for the room and mass-wiping everyone from the group. I know I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a head's up about that sort of reputation.

Shaming for "This drg is dum he died to aoe he suks" isn't the same as "This person intentionally booted people and effectively stole from them."

I think the rule is "not as a public PSA". PMs and other methods of communication? Sure. 

RPc shouldn't be a place where anyone is publicly badmouthed. And I'd hope the people on the site would follow the same elsewhere.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - FreelanceWizard - 02-04-2015

(02-04-2015, 12:42 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Objection, your Honor. Could a sterilized version of the post be submitted instead? The personal reasoning can go, but that IS a fairly reasonable thing to be warned about if an FC now has a reputation of screwing people out of their 300k for the room and mass-wiping everyone from the group. I know I'd appreciate it if someone gave me a head's up about that sort of reputation.

I know not everyone agrees, but our policy is that "name and shame" isn't permitted on the RPC -- even if the person or group really deserves it. The reason why is two-fold. One, it's generally not good for the community, I think, for people to go back and forth telling their sides of a story, trying to defend an accusation or actions taken, etc. Those threads pretty much always end up in nasty flame wars. Two, if I said, "well, only really justified namings are okay," people would be able to legitimately question what constitutes something being justified in that regard.

So, to prevent the ugliness that follows in their wake and the potential perception of bias (which I know I can't entirely eliminate), we don't allow any form of "call-outs" or "name and shames" in forum posts or on the wiki, regardless of the circumstances. PMs are fine, but public posts are not. This thread works because everything is sanitized and generic -- "some FC or some dolt" did it, rather than "FC X and their leader did it, or a DRG on Balmung by the name of Y did it."

#magicAdminHat

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 02-04-2015

Yup I shouldn't have named the FC. But yep. Don't be a cheating asshole who lives on your wife's dime and go behind her back to do some serious cheating on Skype and in-game to have an eternal bond ceremony. Then have a toddler temper tantrum that causes 80+ members some serious grief (several of us lost several millions of gil Yay)

Because then they all join the other endgame raiding FCs or just plain large FCs and people talk. 80+ of them. And the large FCs talk too amongst each other because we have linkshells. And everyone knows how crappy a person you are along with your personal issues. Because people are bitter when you fuck them over. Big Grin

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 02-05-2015

Had two WoD runs last night that were enjoyable, smooth and genuine fun. Even when things were getting hairy everyone pulled together...though we nearly wiped at the Scylla trash step. But hey. Everyone stuck it out.

I'm just gonna whine here because I didn't get any Demon Fending stuff. Not a unique whine, but considering my stupendously good fortune up to this point, it still sucks. :c

Ah well..the streak had to end at some point or another.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-05-2015

Speaking of streaks, my inability to play the game continues. After 75 minutes of waiting in the PVP roulette I just went and played Diablo all night. Did you know that when I push the button saying "I want to do Greater Rift" that is doesn't take me a fucking hour to start playing the game?! I know, it's insane!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 02-05-2015

I was about to say "wait how does it take you 75 minutes to play I barely scratch 5 minutes when logging in" but now realize you were talking about PvP which is an aspect of the game I never bothered with.

I did like... one match of Wolves Den, realized my chosen class could do jack and shit to a caster, then never touched it again, not wanting to deal with the whole gap closer debate.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 02-05-2015

I'm reading corroborating reports on other forums about the queues being messed up. Like, exiting a match and reflagging results in an instant-queue nearly half of the time, but being in line when that match ends doesn't accomplish jack shit. Whatever sorting algorithm they've got to put people in is completely fucked right now.

And now, to make you all as stressed out as I am, I'm going to wager they'll be using this same sort of bug-fucked method to pair Chocobo Racing. Please look forward to it!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 02-05-2015

I hadn't queued up for any PvP yet, despite your great advice to do so for the Poetics Tomes...and I'm sorry to admit that I'm glad I haven't, considering your reports.

You don't think that perhaps queueing up together will somehow improve things? I mean, I'm an absolute noobiscuit to PvP things, but if you think it'll help your queue times, I'm more than up for it...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 02-05-2015

(02-05-2015, 08:41 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: And now, to make you all as stressed out as I am, I'm going to wager they'll be using this same sort of bug-fucked method to pair Chocobo Racing. Please look forward to it!

I'd hope they would disable join in progress for Chocobo Racing.

Curiosity : what GC are you in?

(02-05-2015, 08:50 AM)Kellach Woods Wrote: Curiosity : what GC are you in?

The correct one, the Immortal Flames.