Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edgar - 03-03-2015

I honestly hate that even now they have yet to make Encrypted Tomestones obtainable from doing WoD. It's been a while. I also despise that we are required to do all three raids in order to earn one carboncoat/twine. This is a nightmare for DPS players, Square, come on. Just WoD should be enough. 

On top of this, the RNG for WoD is unspeakably cruel. I have to ask, why couldn't they make more than one piece of gear drop from each boss? They want us to run these instances, but they create scenarios where, at best, 4 of 8 people per party are going to get their weekly gear.

AT BEST.

This is discouraging, and makes it so I don't run it because I want to, but I have to, which suits the term "chore" just fine, but not so much the term "game".

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 03-03-2015

Troll alliance in LotA.

No one in B or C wants their shit.

B and C carry A through it cause they're dipshits.

D end. xD

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 03-04-2015

(03-03-2015, 06:22 PM)Edgar Wrote: I honestly hate that even now they have yet to make Encrypted Tomestones obtainable from doing WoD. It's been a while. I also despise that we are required to do all three raids in order to earn one carboncoat/twine. This is a nightmare for DPS players, Square, come on. Just WoD should be enough. 

On top of this, the RNG for WoD is unspeakably cruel. I have to ask, why couldn't they make more than one piece of gear drop from each boss? They want us to run these instances, but they create scenarios where, at best, 4 of 8 people per party are going to get their weekly gear.

AT BEST.

This is discouraging, and makes it so I don't run it because I want to, but I have to, which suits the term "chore" just fine, but not so much the term "game".
The RNG is the same as both LotA and ST, which I am fine with, better than Coil in that you can at least run it multiple times for the gear.

and tbh, having to run all 3 for a garaunteed upgrade item over a roll chance at it? I'm prefering the current method to the ST one, though agree there should have been a tomestone by now. I guess it's justification to those that chose to do the relic over those that said 'i'll wait until the tomestone weapon arrives.'

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Seye Qhesu - 03-04-2015

Took another shot at duty findering turn 5. I ended the night with a headache with how bad the single run went. A White Mage who won't use rejuvenation to help the healer trying to keep up the undergeared tank holding the boss. People fighting on top of the knoll and then getting dive bombed after being told before and after the fight (has wiped) not to.

But the white mage thing makes me twitch the most. Why ddo people hate rejuvenation? It is a hot meant to help control a health pool. Just because it isn't an instant heal does not make it bad!

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 03-04-2015

Regen is wonderful D:

If you can gather some people I'd be willing to help you clear T5. Actually let me see if I can set something up with people here in RPC who are "experienced"

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-04-2015

A quick list of bullshit things I saw during my Zeta completion:

Bards who open up on Garuda at max range and the people who bitch about placement.

Bards who open up on Shiva at max range and the people who bitch about placement.

Healers with 5.5k HP who don't try to curebomb to grab Garuda's adds.

Off-tanks who, seeing that healers aren't grabbing Garuda's adds, do not attempt to move them away so we stop being Wick3d Wh33l3d.

Healers who are so inclined to DPS that they let tanks die during Garuda.

Wiping to Gaurda fucking Hard Mode in two-thousand-god-damned-fifteen because muh heel deepz.

People who still expect Eruptions to get stunned.

Only seeing one card drop in 12 mahatma.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 03-04-2015

(03-03-2015, 06:22 PM)Edgar Wrote: I honestly hate that even now they have yet to make Encrypted Tomestones obtainable from doing WoD. It's been a while. I also despise that we are required to do all three raids in order to earn one carboncoat/twine. This is a nightmare for DPS players, Square, come on. Just WoD should be enough. 

AT BEST.

I'm going to borrow from the Elitist's Handbook of Entitlement for a quick moment.

If you needed a tomestone, you can get it from Coil. If you're not doing Coil, you don't need a tomestone. i110 works just fine to farm Shiva for 115 works just fine to do not-Coil contents.

Yes, I understand the difference between "want" and "need." There is also a difference between "want" and "expect." Wanting something is fine. Expecting something just leads to unnecessary pain in the rectal location.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have a healing set of healers heal -and- dps than healers who have to get hit the rest of the time while a tank could just as easily take them away. Hell, as MT I've taken them all because both my healers nearly died and the OT was shit.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 10:07 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Off-tanks who, seeing that healers aren't grabbing Garuda's adds, do not attempt to move them away so we stop being Wick3d Wh33l3d.

There's a reason I've taken to dropping a Sacred Soil around Garuda shortly after her adds spawn followed by a Succor. Usually SOMEONE picks up the adds at that point, but I've had too many groups where they just keep the adds right there that it's become something of a habit at this point.

When DPS is cooking, Garuda's already nearing sub-15% before sisters make it to the group. One healer spamming big cures to keep their attention for the remaining few seconds seems a better sale to me than risking tanks getting smoked because stone 2 exists.

If your main tank is a shield oath paladin with nearly 9500 HP and he's still dying because you don't cure him, you're in the wrong. Flatly. I had a couple fights where my sword-oath-and-str-gear set was getting me killed, I hoped changing would fix it.

It did not.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Enteris - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 10:07 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: A quick list of bullshit things I saw during my Zeta completion:

Bards who open up on Garuda at max range and the people who bitch about placement.

Bards who open up on Shiva at max range and the people who bitch about placement.

Healers with 5.5k HP who don't try to curebomb to grab Garuda's adds.

Off-tanks who, seeing that healers aren't grabbing Garuda's adds, do not attempt to move them away so we stop being Wick3d Wh33l3d.

Healers who are so inclined to DPS that they let tanks die during Garuda.

Wiping to Gaurda fucking Hard Mode in two-thousand-god-damned-fifteen because muh heel deepz.

People who still expect Eruptions to get stunned.

Only seeing one card drop in 12 mahatma.
Good to know I'm not the only one experiencing these issues on Garuda. I've given up hope for the speed runs I grew used to when farming light and instead opt to always tank the adds, now. I'd rather spend the extra minute (if that) killing off the adds instead of wiping and having to redo the whole fight.

Also, general statement about people who claim they know the dungeons, but then die to avoidable mechanics (read: first boss in AK hard... go go face laser).

Edit to second this:
Quote:If your main tank is a shield oath paladin with nearly 9500 HP and he's still dying because you don't cure him, you're in the wrong. Flatly. I had a couple fights where my sword-oath-and-str-gear set was getting me killed, I hoped changing would fix it.

It did not.

(03-04-2015, 10:21 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: When DPS is cooking, Garuda's already nearing sub-15% before sisters make it to the group. One healer spamming big cures to keep their attention for the remaining few seconds seems a better sale to me than risking tanks getting smoked because stone 2 exists.

If your main tank is a shield oath paladin with nearly 9500 HP and he's still dying because you don't cure him, you're in the wrong. Flatly. I had a couple fights where my sword-oath-and-str-gear set was getting me killed, I hoped changing would fix it.

It did not.
Most trials roulette groups do not hit that mark. At least the ones I've joined. In fact, some people do still hit the phases afterwards where you need to run around the arena AND I've still seen the phase where you need to be in the middle.

Tanks who have no situational awareness suck ass.

Those are shitty healers no question. But you aren't getting heals either if a healer is getting wicked wheel'd either. Most of the sisters's will interrupt my casts.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ha'uruh Nunh - 03-04-2015

(03-04-2015, 10:31 AM)Kage Wrote:
(03-04-2015, 10:21 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: When DPS is cooking, Garuda's already nearing sub-15% before sisters make it to the group. One healer spamming big cures to keep their attention for the remaining few seconds seems a better sale to me than risking tanks getting smoked because stone 2 exists.

It did not.
Most trials roulette groups do not hit that mark. At least the ones I've joined. In fact, some people do still hit the phases afterwards where you need to run around the arena AND I've still seen the phase where you need to be in the middle.

Tanks who have no situational awareness suck ass.

Those are shitty healers no question. But you aren't getting heals either if a healer is getting wicked wheel'd either. Most of the sisters's will interrupt my casts.

He was specifically talking about Zeta farming - 6 of 8 or more Zodiac wielders farming usually Garuda, and the amount of Stone II we saw was pretty appalling. Nobody's impressed by Stone II spam damage, outside of Cleric's Stance, while DPS are pushing in the sisters phase. Those WHMs need to put their damage-peens away and heal.

I know, because a lot of Zeta farmers still run into Trials roulette and can't tell upside from down because a few people are underleveled and hence not meeting a decent percentage on Garuda.

The amount of awareness people have for the people in their party is very low.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Tyndles - 03-04-2015

When doing my trial roulette the last 3 days, we've gotten the "first time" bonus, and two of those days the tank was complaining about the lack of dps. 

No shit there's not much dps, 2 of them have less than 4000 HP, so we need to do it a little differently.

People are jerky.