Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 06:11 AM)Wild Card Wrote:
Quote:In FFXIV it's just a way to say I am a giant tool who isn't aware/does not care that Square isn't supporting add-ons and am just risking a 3-day ban for being a giant tool."
Or, you know, because maybe ppl don't like carrying someone who doesn't know even the most basic shit about the job he's playing.

No, it's definitely what Kellach says, because as has been pointed out more than once, you don't need a parser to spot an idiot.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 07:16 AM)Chris Ganale Wrote: No, it's definitely what Kellach says, because as has been pointed out more than once, you don't need a parser to spot an idiot.

See had he quoted the WoW part I'd have said this is a good answer, but the truth of it is you CAN get banned for using third-party software within the game as it is not supported yet.

Once add-ons/mods are part of the game then yeah sure parse your heart out I don't care chances are I'm never gonna play with someone who likes to shove contextless bars in my face.

As it is now, it's risking way too much for way too little - there's a reason the people who admitted to using them in this thread mention they don't use them often. It's partially because of that.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Desu Nee - 05-06-2015

Dear Queue Tanks.

I can understand how you're in a hurry to do what the fuck ever, but please be at least responsible, and don't rush the boss, or at the VERY least have the fucking decency to wait so I can explain to the two new people how to defeat the Chimera on Cutter's Cry.
Honestly, I will start just leaving if the Tank is unresponsive, yes their queues are in an instant but it's the spite that counts.

PS: Yes, I did not ressed you on purpose. The bard was a better tank than you.

PSS: Go fuck yourself.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - LiadansWhisper - 05-06-2015

Tanks that pull everything and don't use their own CDs.

No, really, I do actually have a limit on these Lustrates.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 05-06-2015

Hi PLD who use big pulls.

When you use a really big one, and you know the ones (you better), PLEASE USE FUCKING HALLOWED GROUND BECAUSE I DON'T JUST SAVE AETHER STACKS JUST FOR YOU.

Also, dying to the walls in AKHM is so sad to me. T_T;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 05-06-2015

Hey, slacker SCH who can't be bothered to switch to Cleric Stance and help DPS in Stone Vigil. If you're not going to help, at the very least don't make it obvious by BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A NUTTER around the fight as Eos does all the work.

Also, don't mark me as a Target to Ignore if I take a moment to alt-tab and start up my playlist which just ended. Especially when the ninja-AFK MNK missed the entire first boss not even minutes before. It's obnoxious.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Caspar - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 11:38 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Hey, slacker SCH who can't be bothered to switch to Cleric Stance and help DPS in Stone Vigil. If you're not going to help, at the very least don't make it obvious by BOUNCING AROUND LIKE A NUTTER around the fight as Eos does all the work.

Also, don't mark me as a Target to Ignore if I take a moment to alt-tab and start up my playlist which just ended. Especially when the ninja-AFK MNK missed the entire first boss not even minutes before. It's obnoxious.
They should have marked you as "cross." XD

No but seriously, I don't typically get mad in dungeon so I don't want to vent too much, but I was very displeased to find myself on Steps so much last week. I'd lucked out of course, since most people got it done in the initial rush, up until recently, but I just get it a lot these days. Steps is not difficult content IMO, but my perspective is very skewed. Obviously the other party members didn't seem to think the same thing about it, given how frequently they dropped.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 05-06-2015

I think Steps got covered in here earlier but... it really is just a matter that it's an execution fight that requires people to do what they need to do. And, with a PuG, that's a sketchy situation.

Kind of the same reason I get on edge whenever I get the Ultros/Typhon fight. The DPS HAS to be on the ball with the water and the shurikens. You have one imp that's not doing what they're supposed to or dying... then it's very difficult to continue. You either have to hope the other imps got an extra stack of water (doable in the first part, dunno about the second)... or "cheese" the sneeze mechanic to bypass it and move on. And boy was I happy to find out about that second one so we can stop restarting the fight over and over again due to DPS negligence.

What makes Steps worse than that is... there's no "reset." With Typhon, he sneezes and we start anew. If the adds get out of hand or the dragon-killers don't get fired or what have you, there's no quick reset. You have to wait the entire fight out to try again. Yes, you can sometimes recover - I was actually in a Steps on Judge where we missed with all the dragon-killers (guy kept firing too late), but still poured out enough DPS to barely drop the guy just before he broke the gate.

Most people are doing Trials for a quick in and out. A Garuda or Ifrit or Titan or Leviathan. Get into one of the Trials where actual mechanics are involved - especially if there's new folks - and many are far too willing to eat the cooldown timer rather than have to deal with what they see as a potential headache at best and a futile waste of time at worst.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 05-06-2015

Yeah that's the thing. Since steps takes so long to reset after the point you know you can't win... people just leave.

I actually really like Steps. It's so satisfying when everything is done right. Tank gets adds, no one gets stepped on... if healers got aggro, they're at Vishap's front. Adds die quick to cannons. Cannons blow up. Cannoneers either take on Vishap or go to next cannons(and/or+snares). Repeat or do snares. Melee lb 3 asap. Getting him dead before last giantkiller or the gate is so satisfying.

I found Steps pretty fun the only time I done it. We wiped twice, so we had like, 5 minutes. Only three or 4 people really knew what to do, so it was an absolute mess, but the last time where everyone kinda knew what to do, and albeit the dragon reached the gates, they used those chain things, and I nuked the dragon to death was just so satisfying it was completely worth the headache.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cailean Lockwood - 05-06-2015

I'm stuck at Steps of Faith right now in the MSQ. Got really close one time, but have yet to complete it. Always wiping, people leaving, have to re-queue, again and again and again... *sigh*

(05-06-2015, 01:23 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: I'm stuck at Steps of Faith right now in the MSQ. Got really close one time, but have yet to complete it. Always wiping, people leaving, have to re-queue, again and again and again... *sigh*
Try calling people on your Linkshells.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cailean Lockwood - 05-06-2015

(05-06-2015, 01:47 PM)Desu Nee Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 01:23 PM)theincubuslord Wrote: I'm stuck at Steps of Faith right now in the MSQ. Got really close one time, but have yet to complete it. Always wiping, people leaving, have to re-queue, again and again and again... *sigh*
Try calling people on your Linkshells.

I'm not part of any linkshell or free company. But it's alright, finally got a group who could do it! Big Grin

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - SunTzu7 - 05-06-2015

Great Amdapor Keep yesterday.

Hey, undergeared Warrior with some dex accessories. You set the pace, I get this. But if you can't hold my Bard aggro with Quelling Strikes up, what made you think pulling all the adds in the two rooms after the first boss at once was a good idea?

That's five adds, including a Marlboro, then another three adds, including a minion spawning tree. Were you surprised when everyone died?

It's not something I would try and I'm i124.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 05-06-2015

I fucking love Steps......when I run it with my crew. We have a strategy that's worked for us and everyone has their assigned job and it plays out like the epic battle that it's meant to feel like. Our plan works so well for us that I, an i130 DRG with the highest total dps in the group (since my BLM girlfriend, who hilariously out-damages me even with twice her gear level, usually goes as healer) actually man a cannon, because I enjoy playing with artillery. And even with that huge dump in dps, because another of our well-geared DRGs also does cannons with me, we still curbstomp Vishap. It's closer because the dps isn't pushed as hard as it possibly can be, but that's what's fun about it.

...I....actually don't have a bitch story this time.