Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ilwe'ran - 06-03-2015

So this is now the new sort of things you can meet in dungeon : A guy who dual account to log a healer + his character in order to tag faster. They let the healer (a SCH, without fairy) AFK at the entrance at the dungeon and say proudly in chat that yes they are dual accounting to skip the queue. What's wrong with you people !

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 06-03-2015

Last night, I had a tank and his 2-member fc bard friend come into expert Keeper. No Oath use. No flash. The ninja and bard and myself kept getting aggro. When I asked for shield oath I got some strange jibberish of English? [Please tell me what " I time too levent" means.] His bard buddy would say "shield oath is for scrubs bruh" At that point I said "heals are for scrubs" and decided I'd just focus on the nin and myself. I'm too nice to not purposely wipe over and over by letting people die easily or else i would have done so. The one Oath seen was Sword and he still lost aggro to let the others take damage. We manage to finish the last boss with him and the bard deciding to dick around still (pointing the adds at party, taking damage willy nilly, turning to hit non-tank, etc). At this point my priority for healing, as I decided to be an ass back at two asses, were myself and the ninja (who had also asked for shield oath because the ninja was usually getting hit all the time as the PLD would lose hate). As the tank and BRD were happy to take damage by standing in things I decided that if they died I didn't give much fucks. The bard told his friend "im gonna play healer next time -tank- >.>" getting a reply "swell".

The ninja left saying "pretty sure you should play tank"

At some point I was thinking shield oath is for scrubs like you cause i'm carrying you bruh.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - ProvaDiServo - 06-03-2015

Dear cowardly tank, in 120 gear

Please man the fuck up in A k hM and pull all the way to the foxglove, I know you were mad that I was grabbing it and bringing it to the group but...
Don't no body have time dodging poison templates, as it is a huge time waster, and it limits mobility. Why make party suffer when you can just push up and stop him from hurling sludge?

Fuck how you feel, this is duty finder. And it aint your first rodeo.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 06-06-2015

Castrum Meridianum shouldn't be terribly difficult at this point but as a fresh level 50 tank I can't be expected to do everything. I didn't die, thankfully, but it didn't help that the off-tank (who had way more health than I did) just stood there and refused to tank any of the adds.

I would have been happy to let him main tank but he never responded or made a move to pull anything so I took the initiative...

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Swashbuckler - 06-06-2015

Dear WHM marked #2 in Ramuh Extreme.

It would be very helpful if you would, you know, broke people out of Chaos instead of just standing around. It is OKAY to move. I understand wanting to heal whomever is MT'ing. I get it. Just PLEASE break people out of Chaos when #1 is actually chaos'd or when they aren't targeted for Thunderstorm. Sad

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - mongi291 - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 03:24 AM)Graeham Wrote: Castrum Meridianum shouldn't be terribly difficult at this point but as a fresh level 50 tank I can't be expected to do everything. I didn't die, thankfully, but it didn't help that the off-tank (who had way more health than I did) just stood there and refused to tank any of the adds.

I would have been happy to let him main tank but he never responded or made a move to pull anything so I took the initiative...
"Why aren't you keeping aggro?!"
Said the full ilvl 130 Black Mage to his fellow ilvl47 or so Paladin tank.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Ha'uruh Nunh - 06-06-2015

What is it with Keeper of the Lake and incompetency?  My last few runs have been dogshit.  It's not THAT hard of an encounter, folks.

Kage's stories up there about repeated fail in Keeper are confirming to me that there's something in the (lake)water that's causing massive amounts of derp.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 06-08-2015

Dear petulant WHM in Keeper with a stupid name,

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by "ADDDS dps", but given the ignorance you displayed after Einhander, I think you wanted me and the bard to kill the fuel tanks? You can't fucking do that, you ignorant twit, all you can do is knock them away from the boss, which I was doing, which any member of the party can do, and in which your sorry ass certainly wasn't. And then you vote dismiss on the grounds of offline both the bard and me? Bitch you're lucky I wasn't faster to get to the vote dismiss option once you kicked the bard, you and your cuntflap tank. Though I doubt anything will come of it, I hope a GM eats your ass for being a petulant twit.

Signed,
The Timesnatcher

Addendum: Indeed, there must be something in the water.

Vent thread? Vent thread. - Viola - 06-08-2015

Alright guys (and girls), I'm going to show a side of me that I've been trying to shake off (as in; I'm trying to change to be a much better person, but sometimes my old habits come back really hard) and I kinda didn't want it to be seen here, but too late now.

Basically, I'm appalled at the FF14 community over something stupid. Something so insignificant that it shouldn't be a problem.

As everyone knows; there was a popularity poll that had everyone wanting Viera to be the next race, obviously being the highest in popularity.

Then when Au Ra come in instead, people are "We don't want another human-like race"

...Why the hell do you want the fetish race then if you don't want something that looks human?

It makes no sense, it hurts my brain, and I'm looking really immature right now showing my (old) colors.

(basically, if you got something that peeved you for no reason, or feel like it's not a great reason but need to vent, post here)

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Kellach Woods - 06-08-2015

...can i vent that you ignored the other vent thread?

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Edgar - 06-08-2015

I suppose it's only fitting I, someone who also made a failed vent thread, redirect you to the now firmly established Vent Tent.

You may voice your concerns there, but please, make note of the rules and try to keep your frustration, however understandable, under control.

Heart

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 06-08-2015

Uh, Chris.

That's not a threat.

Listen to this PSA by esteemed wordsmith Trick Daddy.

[youtube]eZxQ9ihUDi8[/youtube]

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Viola - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 08:13 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: ...can i vent that you ignored the other vent thread?
...I thought that was only for PUGs and whatnot?

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Fox - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 08:17 PM)Memenu Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 08:13 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: ...can i vent that you ignored the other vent thread?
...I thought that was only for PUGs and whatnot?

Nah this is the title: THE VENT TENT - POOR PUGS AND OTHER TERRIBLE TALES
Smile I'm sure mods can just merge this.

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Unnamed Mercenary - 06-08-2015

For not-game-related things, there's the rant thread here as well.