Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 06-08-2015

Dear people who use PF,

I don't understand why you do it or who the hell would do this in the first place. But having a PF up that says "IC Pedophile looking for lalafell." Is not only fucked up no matter how you look at it. But it is also leads people to think you need to be put in a mental hospital irl. Like seriously,  what. the. fuck.

I haven't logged on for the rest of the entire day because of this. That seriously creeper me the fuck out.

I shoulda screenshotted it but I was too busy unplugging my PlayStation and getting the fuck off the internet.

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Viola - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 08:30 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: For not-game-related things, there's the rant thread here as well.

Well, it's kinda game related, since it deals with the game.

However, fair enough. ('-' )

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 06-08-2015

I have no idea what you're on about, Kellach.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 08:55 PM)Chris Ganale Wrote: I have no idea what you're on about, Kellach.

"I hope a GM eats your ass for being a petulant twit."

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 08:48 PM)Aaron Wrote: Dear people who use PF,

I don't understand why you do it or who the hell would do this in the first place. But having a PF up that says "IC Pedophile looking for lalafell." Is not only fucked up no matter how you look at it. But it is also leads people to think you need to be put in a mental hospital irl. Like seriously,  what. the. fuck.

I haven't logged on for the rest of the entire day because of this. That seriously creeper me the fuck out.

I shoulda screenshotted it but I was too busy unplugging my PlayStation and getting the fuck off the internet.

There's also that stuff about eating lalafell and I'm just. What the ever living fuck. No thank you. I don't want to see that shit in PF.

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Nebbs - 06-09-2015

Show Content

RE: Vent thread? Vent thread. - Alothia - 06-09-2015

So, I'm frustrated because someone whom I thought was gone has come back and it worries me. I had a hard time falling asleep last night because of it. It just makes me uncomfortable and anxious and nervous. I hate feeling like I'm going to have to hide to avoid said person.

On the bright side, I have a great FC of people who understand my struggles and are really supportive of keeping me safe and sane. Smile

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 05:46 AM)Nebbs Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 08:10 PM)Memenu Wrote: .....

(basically, if you got something that peeved you for no reason, or feel like it's not a great reason but need to vent, post here)

My vent would be negativity feeding negativity. Sure we all want/need to vent but what we need after that is to find something positive and publicise that, or at least ask others what they do like about the game.

So if folks want to vent, please try to add something good afterwards.

negative + negative = vicious spiral.    Just say no!

Hopefully all the other threads and such should help with that! Talking about what you love about the game, theorizing, and other such things. This one specifically, though, is for complaining about that healer who was playing limbo with your life total (HOW LOW CAN YOU GO) or that Garuda EX run that was marked as a "farm group" that can't even manage to get her past half health.

Fortunately, we seem to have managed to avoid the aforementioned vicious spiral - mostly, I believe, due to people complaining... some folks agreeing and/or commenting (seriously or jokingly) about it... and then moving on to the next bit of venting. Everyone seems to be keeping on the straight and narrow about it, so I don't see any need for any additional rules or policing of the thread at the moment.

Of course, if people start veering away from that, you bet I'll say something. Thumbsup

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 06-09-2015

You ever have those days where you just can't help but think the system is out to get you and does what it can to make your runs miserable?

For example, 2nd boss of WP HM. 'Oh, Keil, you're actually not being a trashy drg kitty! You know what you reward is? We'll drop all the frog totems right up your ass and literally surround you with them. Enjoy." 

Last boss of AK HM. 'Wow, you're actually stealing aggro from the STR WAR Tank that's better geared than you, better bind you to the floor and drop 3 death scythes on your face...every..damned...time.'

1st boss of AK HM 'Oh my, you haven't stopped critting haven't you kitty? Why don't I just keep tagging you with the orb of death...also enjoy input and aoe lag!"

'Ah you want the picaroon maiming armguard and chestpiece? But you seem to be wanting it so much so let's give it to the other, BLATANTLY DREADWYRM'D, DRG why don't we? So what if you're still wearing pieces of Wolframs amirite?'

No, no stories about horrible players. Sadly.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aduu Avagnar - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 07:17 AM)Alothia Wrote: So, I'm frustrated because someone whom I thought was gone has come back and it worries me. I had a hard time falling asleep last night because of it. It just makes me uncomfortable and anxious and nervous. I hate feeling like I'm going to have to hide to avoid said person.

On the bright side, I have a great FC of people who understand my struggles and are really supportive of keeping me safe and sane. :)
As I said before, whose legs am i breaking?

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Nebbs - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 07:46 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-09-2015, 05:46 AM)Nebbs Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 08:10 PM)Memenu Wrote: .....

(basically, if you got something that peeved you for no reason, or feel like it's not a great reason but need to vent, post here)

My vent would be negativity feeding negativity. Sure we all want/need to vent but what we need after that is to find something positive and publicise that, or at least ask others what they do like about the game.

So if folks want to vent, please try to add something good afterwards.

negative + negative = vicious spiral.    Just say no!

Hopefully all the other threads and such should help with that! Talking about what you love about the game, theorizing, and other such things. This one specifically, though, is for complaining about that healer who was playing limbo with your life total (HOW LOW CAN YOU GO) or that Garuda EX run that was marked as a "farm group" that can't even manage to get her past half health.

Fortunately, we seem to have managed to avoid the aforementioned vicious spiral - mostly, I believe, due to people complaining... some folks agreeing and/or commenting (seriously or jokingly) about it... and then moving on to the next bit of venting. Everyone seems to be keeping on the straight and narrow about it, so I don't see any need for any additional rules or policing of the thread at the moment.

Of course, if people start veering away from that, you bet I'll say something. Thumbsup

Apologies this was not a comment on or even in this topic, but an OP in another thread. *hugs* carry on venting

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Addison - 06-09-2015

I might be a healer, and therefore kinda sorta responsible for you. But I can't physically pick up the DPS and move them out of the AEs. I can't hold hate for the tank. I can't be expected to keep you alive if you can't even have the patience to let me properly buff the group before you try to prove how much of a badass you are by pulling without Protect or Stoneskin.

I realize the cool thing to do is pick on the healer when people die. I realize picking on the new kid on the block makes you some kind of hipster and that's my "rite of passage" or whatever. But I can't do my job if you're not doing yours. And no, asking "Addison r u even healing bro" is not ok. Nor is it funny. So just stop.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Chris Ganale - 06-09-2015

(06-09-2015, 11:22 AM)Ramuhnuh Wrote: 'Ah you want the picaroon maiming armguard and chestpiece? But you seem to be wanting it so much so let's give it to the other, BLATANTLY DREADWYRM'D, DRG why don't we? So what if you're still wearing pieces of Wolframs amirite?'

Many a tale of t2 BLM farming is echoed here.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 06-09-2015

Derpgoon shoulda elusive jump'd moar.

Dying three times to Einhander should autokick you from the instance and immediately put your party into PF as a forgiveness measure.

Keep in mind, I asked if everyone knew the fight, and they all said yes.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Cato - 06-10-2015

I really detest players who are kitted out fully in high end gear and then need on everything that drops when there's another of the same class who is in dire need of using it as a genuine upgrade. It's ridiculous how many times I've run Crystal Tower with my partner only to see him miss out on gear because of greedy individuals who don't even need it.