Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Virella - 07-23-2015

My tolerance for people not knowing their class is getting worse and worse. Really people, if you cannot do the basic thing of "keep my buffs up who increase my damage & keep my dots onto target" please remove yourself from duty finder

*tableflip*

My respect for the average MMO player has gone down my miles these past few years; so many people feel entitled to have their butts carried and cba to read up anything about their class x_X

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-23-2015

(07-23-2015, 10:14 AM)Telluride Wrote: TL;DR: Dear Gatherers - Yoshi P. is tired of you having it easy and wants you to put up with the same RNG crap and gil-sinking that your Crafter brethren have tolerated since 1.0. Please look forward to it.

Collectibles is like the worst possible idea I've ever seen for gatherers. Even for leveling it's wonky.

I still don't see how people can swear by collectibles for leveling crafting myself - Other than the fact that they're always able to be turned in, I'm kinda like whatevs.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 07-24-2015

Ahh this is probably just a self inflicted nightmare but c'mon, is the drop rate for the Library chest piece really worse than the Demon Dragoon Mail from WoD? I have not stopped running and I swear I can put together 5 Monk sets, 3 WHM sets, 2 AST and NIN sets, complete with weapons. 

I just want my red sherlock coat so I can let go, level MCH and really start farming for tomestones of erotics.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 03:07 AM)Ramen S. Wrote: Ahh this is probably just a self inflicted nightmare but c'mon, is the drop rate for the Library chest piece really worse than the Demon Dragoon Mail from WoD? I have not stopped running and I swear I can put together 5 Monk sets, 3 WHM sets, 2 AST and NIN sets, complete with weapons. 

I just want my red sherlock coat so I can let go, level MCH and really start farming for tomestones of erotics.

Those coats are notoriously stubborn. It took several runs for me to get my healer coat for Gogon's glamour. And I'm going to force inflict more of it on myself later for the other classes - I desire all the coats. Oddly enough, the only other one I have is the DRG one. Blush

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kurt S. - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 07:33 AM)Gegenji Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 03:07 AM)Ramen S. Wrote: Ahh this is probably just a self inflicted nightmare but c'mon, is the drop rate for the Library chest piece really worse than the Demon Dragoon Mail from WoD? I have not stopped running and I swear I can put together 5 Monk sets, 3 WHM sets, 2 AST and NIN sets, complete with weapons. 

Those coats are notoriously stubborn. It took several runs for me to get my healer coat for Gogon's glamour. And I'm going to force inflict more of it on myself later for the other classes - I desire all the coats. Oddly enough, the only other one I have is the DRG one. Blush

Hope the coats drop for you. 

I'm still on the prowl for the drg one for my level 26 LNC (wololol) aside from the red tank one. I swear if Kath/Kurt's color scheme just wasn't predominantly red....

Or yanno if I could trade those sets. Ah well.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 07-24-2015

You wanna vent about horrifically bad drop rates? I'll vent about horrifically bad drop rates.

I've run the Vault more times than I can count by now. First time through as MNK from level 57 to 59. I never saw a single piece of MNK gear drop. It was always tank gear and other job scraps, and the tank would always need on the damned things.

Now I've been running through the Vault as WAR. I'm nearly 59 which means I'll be ditching Vault for Library soon. And you know what?

Not a single gods-damned left-side Inquisitor drop that I can use for glamour. Not since the axe dropped on my first run. Not ONE. It's been, what... twenty, thirty runs? I saw a belt, an earring, and a bracelet. That's been it.

Cannot wait to one day undersize this place and push their holy f***ing faces in. Ugh.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Gegenji - 07-24-2015

You should've seen the tizzy I drove myself into trying to get the Baldur Blade for Judge. I think I saw every other weapon at least once, with the PLD and WAR weapons making at least three appearances each (two of the PLD swords showing up IN THE SAME RUN), until I finally got it. Oh, and during the whole time I only saw two pieces of Terror Knight gear - belt (twice), and the legs near the end.

In doing all that, I nearly got enough Law to kit Judge out in full Law gear, minus a piece here and there. All to get a single weapon I only wanted for RP purposes. Then again, I'm pretty notorious for deciding the Most Difficult Thing is what I want for my character - Vulcan Lucis, for example. Blush

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 07-24-2015

I prefer (some of) the RNG of drops to my personal RNG of groups in Duty Finder.

Everyone tells me my (expert) roulette grumps are unbelievable.

Last two nights I got lazy and decided to just WAR my Expert roulettes. Neverreap was fine. The last boss was funny because the summoner just walked off. >>; I now understand how melee get triple twistered and vacuumed.

I had a good time in Fractal last night. They said I did fine etc. AST said it was a solid group. ALL I CARE ABOUT IS IF MY HEALER WAS OK WITH ME.

And then I got the WHM in Sastasha HM who let me drop so they could Holy while I am at 2k HP. Because DPS did not kill the 6 mobs in 4 GCDs the DPS was too low and they decided that they would just holy. I -think- the DRG DC'd and the SMN went "wtf" when the WHM told me "the dps don't have the AOE or don't know how" to do two-pack pulls. I said nothing while the SMN was like "you blame the dps for you holying and letting the tank die?"

WHM: "I prevented the wipe"

Me: Undecided

He did that on the second boss too. While all of us are stunned and getting ourselves out he just holy'd and died.

Oh well, shortcut.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Warren Castille - 07-25-2015

Wiped to Shiva HM because a healer died to avoidable mechanics repeatedly, up to and including standing behind the tank and dying to the cleave.

Got called a butthurt mad "jkid" in tells afterwards. Feels good.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Aaron - 07-25-2015

Not exactly a in game vent but uhh.

When you left your PS4 back at house so youre sitting here getting farther left behind in XIV stuff and will even miss grindstone again till probably the middle of next week.

Im glad im taking a break and all but I haven't played one video game since my vacation and it's killing me >_<

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Miryn - 07-26-2015

Met my first Dork Knight while leveling BRD in Sohm Al. Dude had the Moogle sword equipped. That's a i75 weapon. I have the upgraded Ironworks bow. That's i130. There's a 55 ilvl difference between our weapons.

I asked him if he had a better sword and he said nope. Okay, then.

I ended up tanking at least one mob each pull because he couldn't hold everything and if I didn't have it, then it would be eating our healer. Sometimes the MNK had a mob too. If he'd at least put up Darkside maybe it would've been a bit better, but then again his MP bar was almost always full so perhaps not.

I also ended up peeling hate on every boss. With Quelling Strikes.

On one of our final boss attempts, he died and had the gall to blame the healer for "being slow". Buddy, if you just got an up-to-date weapon you'd have like 40 more Vitality. Why.

I just don't understand how someone gets this far on a Moogle weapon and think everything is hunky dory. The vendors in Ishgard sell i115 white weapons, even one of those would've been better.

Aaargh.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 07-26-2015

That sounds very much like a player problem. I probably would have just ducked out. Way too much frustration.

The queue times though. ; ;

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-26-2015

Actually, the vendors (for whatever reason) don't sell weapons for the new classes. At least I haven't seen them.

So its possible its just the best weapon he had. Perhaps They got to 50 pre heavensward, and just did the story quests before heading to ishgard.

The DRK swords at least are sold in the bar area of the Forgotten Knight. And he had a lvl 60 NIN.

If he'd been trying I would've gone a little easier on him. But blaming other people first before looking at what he could've done better irritated the living hell out of me.