Hydaelyn Role-Players
The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - McBeefâ„¢ - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 02:53 AM)Miryn Wrote: The DRK swords at least are sold in the bar area of the Forgotten Knight. And he had a lvl 60 NIN.

If he'd been trying I would've gone a little easier on him. But blaming other people first before looking at what he could've done better irritated the living hell out of me.

Oh, good to know! That means they must sell machinist weapons somewhere too <_<.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Melkire - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 02:54 AM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 02:53 AM)Miryn Wrote: The DRK swords at least are sold in the bar area of the Forgotten Knight. And he had a lvl 60 NIN.

If he'd been trying I would've gone a little easier on him. But blaming other people first before looking at what he could've done better irritated the living hell out of me.

Oh, good to know! That means they must sell machinist weapons somewhere too <_<.

The vendor in Skysteel.

I'm also pretty sure there's a i115 weapons vendor in Camp Cloudtop.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 07-26-2015

There's a i115 non-HQ vendor of everything in the Jeweled Crozier I believe.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 07-27-2015

Last night was interesting. About an hour before I had to log for sleep an LS-mate asked for a tank for Sohm Al in-progress.

I hate Sohm Al's fire/ice dragon pulls. Everything else is dandy but those pulls just. Ugh.

Anyway, we get to the 2nd boss. First pull, dps don't take down the green slime and ranged were the ones chosen for soak. So.... Green slime blows up and 2 people take a soak. Healer LS mate dies.

2nd pull Healer LS-mate dc's during. We somehow pull it out. As soon as I saw him back I popped Holmgang cause I didn't have anything but ... loading T_T; I die, I get rezzed and get the thing back but clutch actions and we pull it out with a win. IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE FIGHT IS DONE THEY VOTE TO DISMISS HEALER-MATE. One guy apparently accidentally hit no and then initiated the vote dismiss. As soon as I hit "no" Healer LS mate poofed.

One says "ong ty"
My response was going to be a scathing something something about "really voting for harassment for a DC? And then AFK/OFFLINE?" But I instead just went "see ya" and left.

Oh well~ They were in together from Gilgamesh and in the same FC... and the Gundam Wing fanboi spelled Deathscythe wrong because I guess he was late to the name. HA... HAAAA

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Sounsyy - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 09:24 AM)Kage Wrote: I hate Sohm Al's fire/ice dragon pulls. Everything else is dandy but those pulls just. Ugh.

An easy way I've found to handle those pulls is to pull the trash that's present from max range and retreat back to the bottom of the hill with it. This will spawn the fire and ice dragons respectively, but as you're now out of their targetting range they won't aggro you or pelt you with aoes.

This trick works especially well for the ice dragon because the ice will melt and spawn every glacier sprite (non-aggro'd) while you finish trash at the bottom of the hill. This way when you do go up top and aggro the ice dragon and sprites, they all aggro simultaneously, leading to just one stacked, also simultaneous, explosion that's easy to dodge.

Hope this helps negate some of the chaos! ^^

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - -no longer matters- - 07-27-2015

I had a Titan EX group yesterday that DPS wouldn't turn to bust people out of the Gaols in time, and then the healers weren't paying attention to get in place in the back to we had both encasements on top of each other, I think the group made it past the heart phase like twice out of a bunch of tries. 

then we had a BLM that kept trying to abandon duty after every fail, til they finally just "DC'd" 

I swear one of these days I'm gonna finish the Extreme Primals to get my Balmung Sword... One of these days...

(07-27-2015, 10:28 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 09:24 AM)Kage Wrote: I hate Sohm Al's fire/ice dragon pulls. Everything else is dandy but those pulls just. Ugh.

An easy way I've found to handle those pulls is to pull the trash that's present from max range and retreat back to the bottom of the hill with it. This will spawn the fire and ice dragons respectively,  but as you're now out of their targetting range they won't aggro you or pelt you with aoes.

This trick works especially well for the ice dragon because the ice will melt and spawn every glacier sprite (non-aggro'd) while you finish trash at the bottom of the hill. This way when you do go up top and aggro the ice dragon and sprites, they all aggro simultaneously, leading to just one stacked, also simultaneous, explosion that's easy to dodge.

Ohhh thank you Sounsyy!

It would also help if the DPS would not run up and just aggro all the things. -_- With their presence.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - -no longer matters- - 07-27-2015

(07-27-2015, 10:51 AM)Kage Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 10:28 AM)Sounsyy Wrote:

An easy way I've found to handle those pulls is to pull the trash that's present from max range and retreat back to the bottom of the hill with it. This will spawn the fire and ice dragons respectively,  but as you're now out of their targetting range they won't aggro you or pelt you with aoes.

Ohhh thank you Sounsyy!

It would also help if the DPS would not run up and just aggro all the things. -_- With their presence.
I'm a DRK so this pull is ridiculously easy, but what I do is take the first dragon to a corner where I can see the other two dragons land, I hit them with unmend as they land and start running a train and pop Shadowskin, until I have them gathered up, pop Blood Price, Dark Dance, DA/Dark Mind cast unleash after every siphon combo and just weave in and out of the AoEs. This stops your dps from pulling them, and as long as you use cool downs and dodge properly you should be able to mitigate the damage easy enough for your healer to breeze through it.

The fire dragon isn't really bad. Just puddles and a dragon add!

The problem is the ice dragon. DO I JUST GATHER EVERYTHING? DOES EVERYONE JUST IGNORE THE ICE? WHAT ARE WE ALL DOING HERE? As a tank, my first thought is "I NEED AGGRO ON ALL OF YOU" But the ice. What?

(07-27-2015, 11:21 AM)Kage Wrote: The fire dragon isn't really bad. Just puddles and a dragon add!

The problem is the ice dragon. DO I JUST GATHER EVERYTHING? DOES EVERYONE JUST IGNORE THE ICE? WHAT ARE WE ALL DOING HERE? As a tank, my first thought is "I NEED AGGRO ON ALL OF YOU" But the ice. What?
I do usually ignore the Ice and pull the Dragon away from it.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 07-31-2015

I am either a suddenly awful(er) tank or am well behind the leveling curve, because the past few times I've run Neverreap and Fractal I can barely keep the threat sweater from completely unraveling off of me.

Get into dungeons for Esos. Get outclassed because not wearing Esos while in dungeons.

I cry evry teim.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kellach Woods - 08-01-2015

I'm really really starting to hate the playerbase of Balmung in general.

Died 3 times to Mirka because someone decided to convert a FATE party to a Hunt party when there was barely 12 people for the hunt.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Kage - 08-01-2015

(07-31-2015, 10:47 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I am either a suddenly awful(er) tank or am well behind the leveling curve, because the past few times I've run Neverreap and Fractal I can barely keep the threat sweater from completely unraveling off of me.

Get into dungeons for Esos. Get outclassed because not wearing Esos while in dungeons.

I cry evry teim.

What ilvl are you rocking with what weapon? Keep in mind people are now usually using i190 weapons with i180 pieces or i190 or a couple esoterics. I run expert with the i180 axe with average i173 and the only time I lose a mob it's because it's one of the popping out type mobs that goes to the healer or the ranged that let loose as I was grouping. But I typically get those back with a provoke or an Overpower.

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Steel Wolf - 08-01-2015

Well, I was hoping to perhaps burn my Esoterics on a weppin by the beginning of next week, but it would appear that I will have to get a Law weppin before then even though it'll be replaced in about two days. :/

Or....I'll be stubborn, screw the meta and stick with the plan.

Frustration battles principles in the FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!!

To answer the question...."only" 167 with 160 a weppin, as a result of said above plan

RE: The Vent Tent - Poor PuGs and Other Terrible Tales - Edda - 08-01-2015

Bismarck HM is the new Steps of Faith of Trials Roulette.

Just why. Fucking why.

Just.

Jesus Christ.