Hydaelyn Role-Players
Starlight Tree Event Help - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Starlight Tree Event Help (/showthread.php?tid=9320)

Pages: 1 2

Starlight Tree Event Help - Xenedra - 12-18-2014

There's been a little confusion about how this event works, so I thought I'd post a minimalistic guide on the daily quest for the fallen stars and three known houses (with permission) for all three star types.

The quest mentions finding different topped trees, Sun, Moon and Star to get different drop types. These are actually the types of trees you get from the mammet NPCs. People have to purchase the trees with green drops and put them up on their yards, then we hunt them down and click THOSE instead of the standard one near the quest starter NPC.

The Sun topped trees give you a Red drop
The Moon topped trees give you a Blue drop
The Star topped trees give you a Yellow drop

The trees are BRIGHT white with decorations in their drop color, too too hard to find, BUT some FCs/people have been nice enough to let others know which tree types they have up:

Goblet Ward 4, Plot 8 - Sun-topped (thanks to the Goblin Illuminati)
Mist Ward 6, Plot 4 - Moon-topped (thanks to the Coral Sea)
Lavender Beds Ward 5, Plot 9 - Star-topped (thanks to Vash Ashford)

If you do your three daily quests in each ward by clicking their trees you'll get one drop of each color in a day. Clicking the standard tree near the starter NPC will give you a green drop. It's also notable that if you get a color drop besides green you can trade it for two green drops at the mammets. That's the way to go, IMO!

Feel free to post up your own trees if you want to help out the cause

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Pascaleret - 12-18-2014

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Merri - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 06:03 AM)Threed Wrote: Our FC put up a Moon-topped tree in Ward 2, plot 10 of the Goblet.

Giraffe.♥

I tossed up a moon-topped tree up as well, however over in the Mist. Ward 5, Subdivision plot 44.

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Devereau - 12-18-2014

I have a Moon topped over at Goblet Ward 6 plot 44!

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Nebbs - 12-18-2014

Sun/red Lavender beds, Ward 5, Plot 20

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Kage - 12-18-2014

So to clarify, I get green drops from some tree near an NPC (1 per day only?) Then I can buy a tree and put it up?

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Xenedra - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 12:14 PM)Kage Wrote: So to clarify, I get green drops from some tree near an NPC (1 per day only?) Then I can buy a tree and put it up?

Correct! Or you can use the trees mentioned, or others you find to get red/blue/yellow drops and trade those in for 2 green each. 7>4 = ♥

I'm really confused about the event because last I saw the page it was just to get old things >< I'm assuming there's some quest line?

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Oscare - 12-18-2014

(12-18-2014, 05:50 PM)Kage Wrote: I'm really confused about the event because last I saw the page it was just to get old things >< I'm assuming there's some quest line?
There is a quest line. It's required to open up the daily quests.

Also, for those curious about what the Premium Gift Packages have;

I've heard mixed stories. A lot of "Allagan Bronze Pieces" apparently. But I have heard quite a few getting some rare crafting stuff, like Thavnarian Onions. Quite a lot of Allagan Platinum Pieces.

Moon topped Goblet North Subdivision Ward 6 Plot 41!

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Siha - 12-18-2014

The Redwings also have trees up! We have:

A Sun topped tree in The Goblet Ward 6, Plot 23!
A Moon topped tree in The Mist Ward 2, Plot 16!

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - FreelanceWizard - 12-19-2014

Mysterium has a sun topped tree in Mist Ward 5, Plot 24, right behind our cannon. We opted not to put it by the man-eating plants, just in case. Smile

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Gharen - 12-19-2014

Sloetide Venture Co.: Mist Ward 6, Plot 24 - Star-topped

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Berrod Armstrong - 12-19-2014

Moon topped tree at the <AGENT> house in the Goblet, Ward 3, Plot 24.

RE: Starlight Tree Event Help - Warren Castille - 12-19-2014

There are all three trees right next to the quest giver in Goblet Ward 4.