Hydaelyn Role-Players
Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) (/showthread.php?tid=9323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-23-2015

(02-23-2015, 08:40 PM)Kage Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 08:19 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: sachertorte
You didn't post the worst looking picture

I didn't take that picture. A certain other person I live with did.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-24-2015

whyyyy did i come in here hungry???
T_________T
on a side note; i should share my greatgrandma's töltött káposzta. (stuffed cabbage.----.) i've been craving it for awhile now x3

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 01:44 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: whyyyy did i come in here hungry???
T_________T
on a side note; i should share my greatgrandma's töltött káposzta. (stuffed cabbage.----.) i've been craving it for awhile now x3
Sounds delicious.

I've taken to buying pasta at the store and eating pasta all the time.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - g0ne - 02-24-2015

I have a request. Can someone share some nice recipes for drinks, mocktails etc. using lemon lime fizzy drinks, 7up etc. No alcohol, please. Sad

Any other nice refreshing drinks such as juices or the like would be nice too! Surprise I've always wanted to make agua fresca. Anyone have any good ones?

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 02:29 PM)Eleni Wrote: I have a request. Can someone share some nice recipes for drinks, mocktails etc. using lemon lime fizzy drinks, 7up etc. No alcohol, please. Sad

Any other nice refreshing drinks such as juices or the like would be nice too! Surprise I've always wanted to make agua fresca. Anyone have any good ones?

I used to mix sprite with orange juice for a simple drink when bored.

And then, there's always a "Shirley Temple", which is your normal sprite with a dash of grenadine.

Similar, there's a "Roy Rogers", which is basically the same thing, but use a coke instead of sprite.

You can also make a nonalcoholic Moscow Mule by omitting the vodka. So get a ginger beer (of the non-alcoholic variety) and squeeze in half-3/4 a lime (or a whole one if you're like me) for something refreshing.

And in theory, you could make a fake Mojito by omitting the white rum. Muddle some mint leaves (bruise, but do not tear), squeeze in a lime, add a simply syrup (fancy words for a syrup made from a 1:1 sugar to water ratio) and top with soda water. ...so in theory, take a good lemon/lime soda and add some mint and it might also be similar (depending on how sugary your soda is)

What else....

As a kid, I'd mix apple juice and lemonade. Sweeten out the sour, but keep it a little tart.

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Cliodhna Eoghan - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 01:54 PM)Kage Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 01:44 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: whyyyy did i come in here hungry???
T_________T
Sounds delicious.

there's no pasta in hungarian stuffed cabbage. there's rice mixed with the meat and then the dish is served with mashed potatoes (omg the sauce on the potatoes......>u< )

what sorta pasta things have you been making lately? o3o

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 03:03 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:
T_________T
Sounds delicious.

there's no pasta in hungarian stuffed cabbage. there's rice mixed with the meat and then the dish is served with mashed potatoes (omg the sauce on the potatoes......>u< )

Please....if that recipe isn't a family secret, please share. (Or if there's a good public one...)

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Steel Wolf - 02-24-2015

Recently I've had the desperate need to put my deep dish pizza together. Ain't nothin' like a big honkin' slice of overloaded pizza goodness out of a cast iron skillet.

Luvs my cast iron skillet yo.... <3

RE: Foods! Delicious Foods. Please share them (recipes?pics?) with me (everyone) - Kage - 02-24-2015

(02-24-2015, 03:03 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:
T_________T
Sounds delicious.

I do lazy pasta. Boxed Spaghetti and store bought sauce with ground beef and seasonings.

Or more recently, Buitoni pasta with alfredo or marinara sauces and seasonings T_T;

I miss my cooking days but cleaning = time away from FFXIV >>

(12-21-2014, 10:47 PM)Kage Wrote: 2 pounds ground beef chuck
ï‚· 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
ï‚· 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
ï‚· 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
ï‚· 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
ï‚· 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
ï‚· 1 large yellow onion, chopped
ï‚· 3 stalks celery, chopped
ï‚· 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
ï‚· 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
ï‚· 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
ï‚· 1 tablespoon bacon bits
ï‚· 4 cubes beef bouillon
 1/2 cup beer (I like Murphy’s Stout, Guinness works well too)
ï‚· 1/4 cup chili powder
ï‚· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
ï‚· 1 tablespoon minced garlic
ï‚· 1 tablespoon dried oregano
ï‚· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
ï‚· 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce ( I like to use Franks or Texas Pete)
ï‚· 1 teaspoon dried basil
ï‚· 1 teaspoon salt
ï‚· 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
ï‚· 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
ï‚· 1 teaspoon paprika
ï‚· 1 teaspoon white sugar
ï‚· 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos - optional
ï‚· 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
1. Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
2. Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
4. To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese
So I'll be making this chili recipe soon.

People who drink beer... if I can't find these beer brands, what should I look for? :V

(02-24-2015, 05:05 PM)Kage Wrote:
(12-21-2014, 10:47 PM)Kage Wrote: 2 pounds ground beef chuck
ï‚· 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
ï‚· 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
ï‚· 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
ï‚· 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
ï‚· 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
ï‚· 1 large yellow onion, chopped
ï‚· 3 stalks celery, chopped
ï‚· 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
ï‚· 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
ï‚· 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
ï‚· 1 tablespoon bacon bits
ï‚· 4 cubes beef bouillon
 1/2 cup beer (I like Murphy’s Stout, Guinness works well too)
ï‚· 1/4 cup chili powder
ï‚· 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
ï‚· 1 tablespoon minced garlic
ï‚· 1 tablespoon dried oregano
ï‚· 2 teaspoons ground cumin
ï‚· 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce ( I like to use Franks or Texas Pete)
ï‚· 1 teaspoon dried basil
ï‚· 1 teaspoon salt
ï‚· 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
ï‚· 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
ï‚· 1 teaspoon paprika
ï‚· 1 teaspoon white sugar
ï‚· 1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos - optional
ï‚· 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
Directions
1. Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.
2. Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
4. To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese
So I'll be making this chili recipe soon.

People who drink beer... if I can't find these beer brands, what should I look for? :V

Guiness is a stout. And is at most supermarkets and Bevmos (locally)

(02-24-2015, 05:17 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Guiness is a stout. And is at most supermarkets and Bevmos (locally)
Bevmo is far away unless I'm staying in certain places :>

(02-24-2015, 05:23 PM)Kage Wrote:
(02-24-2015, 05:17 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Guiness is a stout. And is at most supermarkets and Bevmos (locally)
Bevmo is far away unless I'm staying in certain places :>

Just about any liquor store will carry Guinness around here.

(02-24-2015, 03:05 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: Please....if that recipe isn't a family secret, please share. (Or if there's a good public one...)
it's not, its a legit hungarian recipe, but not secret (my great-grandma moved to the us from hungry) i didn't post it earlier cause i was out doing stuff and checking the rpc on my phone so i'm more than happy to share it now. my homemade bbq sauce will be kept secret tho xD

grandma's hungarian töltött káposzta

3lb hamburg
1/2 - 3/4 cup rice (instant because lazy but i'm sure if you want to precook regular rice, that would work too o3o)
1 large onion, diced
1 tsp salt
dash of pepper
1 tbs paprika (ima take a moment and do some shameless marketing because i'm picky about my paprika; budapest's best is the kind i try to keep handy otherwise stuff just tastes a bit off to me when i add it....which i usually add paprika to almost everything....)
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1 large head cabbage
1 can sauerkraut
1 large can of tomato juice

place head of cabbage in boiling. soften leaves just enough to remove and work with.

mix everything but the sauerkraut, tomato juice and cabbage together then place just enough meat mixture in leaves to roll up in cabbage rolls. in either a large stovetop pot/lid or crockpot, add the can of sauerkraut to the bottom of the pan, layer cabbage rolls on top of each other after adding sauerkraut. pour the can of tomato juice over all of it and add enough water if need be to finish covering the cabbage rolls; keep on simmer until done (bout 3-4 hours by stove, possibly a little longer if going the crockpot route. this is one of those great "make it early and leave all day" crockpot dishes. :3 ) the of course make mashed potatoes as regular to have on the side.

this dish can also be tweaked to make stuffed peppers (not a fan of green peppers myself so never made it) but you don't add the sauerkraut and cabbage....not sure how many peppers to use since i've never made it but be sure to hull them (cut open the top and remove seeds) then put the meat mix in there before putting it all in a pot and covering with the juice.

(02-24-2015, 03:11 PM)Kage Wrote: I do lazy pasta. Boxed Spaghetti and store bought sauce with ground beef and seasonings.

Or more recently, Buitoni pasta with alfredo or marinara sauces and seasonings T_T;

I miss my cooking days but cleaning = time away from FFXIV >>

xD well now i don't feel quite so bad for basically doing the same thing when we have pasta night....and you're right cleaning after dinner is awful and takes time away from very important stuff >|